• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Omastar is best as a special sweeper with Surf / HP Grass / Ancientpower / Ice Beam <--- Let someone else give it rain support. It's unique since it hits Mantine for super effective without HP Electric, letting it hit things like Quagsire harder with HP Grass.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    =[
    Okay, so I've bred an eevee with pretty good IVs, it's timid nature with 31IV's in spa att. 27 in spd and some other ivs.

The problem is, i want a jolteon but with those IV's my HP is electric. which is epci fail on a jolteon. It should be either HP grass/ice.

Do i rebreed? or replace it with another skill?
    Thanks

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Turn it into a Glaceon
    :P ...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    What Choice item is better on Jynx (I really love it too <33333), Specs or Scarf?

It depends on what you want, a revenge killer or something that hits hard. So one cant really reach a conclusion as to which is "better".

EDIT:

And froslass please dont post absolute crap, or i will proceed to infract you multiple times again, i thought that ban would of taught you at least something =/

You know you didnt answer that question properly or even attempt to. Take this as your last warning.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Turn it into a Glaceon
    :P ...

That's not helpful and you know it, even if it was a joke or whatever =/

And as for a choice item on Jynx, use Specs, but it's honestly not a good user of either since it can't switch in on ANYTHING, it's weak to SR, and Pursuit ends it. Abusing Substitute and Lovely Kiss is probably a better option.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Folks, I wan't joking. HP Electric works wonders on Glaceon, I myself am trying to breed for HP Eletcric Glaceon-I just said Glaceon is the best Eeveelution to work with Timid HP Eletcric-if it was Bold I would just say Vappy <3...
    James, do you agree with anti I shouldn't use Choiced Jynx?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Folks, I wan't. HP Electric works wonders on Glaceon, I myself am trying to breed for HP Eletcric Glaceon-I just said Glaceon is the best Eeveelutionb to work with Timid HP Eletcric-if it was Bold Id'e say Vappy <3...
    James, do you agree with anti I shouldn't use Choiced Jynx?

You have to back up what you say though. You can't just post a picture of Glaceon =/ Also, Timid isn't a very good nature for Glaceon and Fighting is a much better Hidden Power (only Psychic/Water types and a few other Pokemon resist it with Ice Beam iirc)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    So I should better make some chain breedings to get HP Fighting 70?
    Is 208HP/252SpA/50Spe good for Hail Glaceon?

If you're referring to a Glaceon utilizing Hail (god I hope you aren't), then yes, it is. That's only because I have no idea who uses Hail on Glaceon, thus I have no idea what you want to do with your Pokemon.

I reccomend you use this in conjunction with Abomasnow:

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Blizzard
    -HP Fighting
    -Water Pulse / Sleep Talk
    -Shadow Ball

Lack of movepool hurts, but uh, good luck finding a safe switch.

Years
    Is MixLuke
    Close Combat
    Aura Sphere
    Bullet Punch
    Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    A good idea?
    Close Combat and Aura Sphere are a pointless combination.
    Your best bet is just running HP Ice for Gliscor. Maybe Dark Pulse for Rotom/Cressy, but Crunch hits both harder after a SD.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    If you're referring to a Glaceon utilizing Hail (god I hope you aren't), then yes, it is. That's only because I have no idea who uses Hail on Glaceon, thus I have no idea what you want to do with your Pokemon.

I reccomend you use this in conjunction with Abomasnow:

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Blizzard
    -HP Fighting
    -Water Pulse / Sleep Talk
    -Shadow Ball

Lack of movepool hurts, but uh, good luck finding a safe switch.
    That's what I meant.
    Should I even go mixed on Lucario? And is Bullt Punch useful?

Years
    Should I even go mixed on Lucario? And is Bullt Punch useful?
    Use scizor.A way more powerfull revenge killer then luke.

Scizor @ Choice band
    Adamant
    252att/252spd/6hp
    ~Bullet punch
    ~Pursuit
    ~U-turn
    ~Super power/brick break(only if you fear screens)

Or you could replace that with a scarf for suprise though that would be a bad option since you outrun only insignificant things.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    What would be a good Stalling Blissey? I have this as my current one, and I think it could be a lot better:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
    - Flamethrower / Seismic Toss
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Toxic

Set Comments: Flamethrower provides coverage on the average switch ins on Blissey, like Metagross, Scizor, and such. Seismic Toss was another option, but I wanted the option to hit Gengar, plus I wouldn't be walled by Empoleon. Toxic first, then Wish, and continue with Protect. That is the main objective of the set, this breaks walls that do not have Refresh or Rest. The more SpD EVs give me more survivability against Specs Pokemon.

I thought this could be a better, maybe 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD is better option on the EVs? I don't actually need a Toxic Staller, just the best way for Blissey to go.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    I may love Fighting moves a bit (Medicham <3), but my favorite types remained Water, Ice and Dragon. So my next question is about MixMence:
    Outrage
    Fire Blast? Flamethrower? Or even Fire Fang?
    Draco Meteor
    Earthquake? Aerial Ace? Brick Break?
    Max out speed? What nature? Also what item?
    Wolflare-You can try out Calm Mind or Light Screen. Blissey has an immense movepool, so just about anything not called physical can work on it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah, I was thinking of the Calm Mind set.

Here:

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Mild
    EVs: 84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spe
    - Outrage / Roost
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Draco Meteor

Set Comments: Outrage 2HKOs Blissey with 252 Def EVs, I think. Earthquake and Fire Blast provides coverage against the Pokemon that resist Dragon type moves. *Glares at Steels* Draco Meteor is obvious, pounding on everything. This can 3HKO Cresselia if you use Draco Meteor on the switch then Outrage. Roost is another option if you are not afraid of Cresselia and Blissey, and it heals away SR and LO damage. Mild gives him a bit more survivability to Ice Beams from Blissey and Cresselia.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    How is Fire Blast superiot to Flamethrower? And is the loss of an overpowered STAB move in Outrage worth using Roost?
    Also, are you sure it has enough speed with this EV spread?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back