• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I just did an IV Check on this Shiny Modest Cyndaquill. I got Mixed Results:

HP:27
    ATK:31
    DEF:19
    SP.ATK:31
    SP.DEF:19
    SPD:6

Hidden Power: Ice, 70

Awesome ATK & SP.ATK, beautiful Hidden Power, offset by an awful speed. Still, I saw some potential. Any help on a set?

You almost got it as bad as me with my Yanmega. :( 4 31 IV's, and a 4 in speed. A FOUR. UGH.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Um... this isn't exactly a request per se, but it's the best place to put this aside from making a new thread. =P

I just got some lovely shiny Zangooses, two of which I've been thinking of starting to EV train. One's Jolly and the other's Adamant. Neither have very good IVs since they were caught in the wild, but here they are:

Adamant
    HP: 0 - 3
    Att: 20, 25
    Def: 8 - 13
    SpA: 19 - 25
    SpD: 19 - 24
    Speed: 15 - 19

Jolly
    HP: 10 - 15
    Att: 9 - 14
    Def: 3 - 7
    SpA: 30
    SpD: 8 - 13
    Speed: 4 - 8

And that's from MetalKid's calculator. My question is, which one would be better? Or would they even be worth training at all? I think the Adamant one has a better chance with its Attack and Speed IVs, but... I know close to nothing about this. XP

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The first one is okay, and is probably your best option. Honestly you'll probably want to rebreed though.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Yeah, if I could I'd certainly rebreed. I was just curious as to whether either was usable as it is, since breeding for shinies, yet alone shinies with decent IVs, can be quite tedious. xP Thanks for this input, I'll have to think about it...

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I need to know the EV's for a ScarfTyphlosion set:

Typhlosion@Choice Scarf
    Nature:Modest
    EV: 252 SP.ATK, 108 ATK, 148 SPD
    Eruption
    Flamethrower
    Fous Punch
    Hidden Power [ICE]

Are the EV's good for that? It only has 6 IV's in Speed, and it's Shiny, so no rebreeding.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Hey, I'm planning on getting a Deoxys on my Emerald soon (AR an Aurora Ticket- cheating, I know, but semilegit is better than nothing), and I was wondering which Deoxys I should go with. Part of me leans toward Attack Deoxys, part of me leans toward Defense Deoxys, and part of me leans toward Speed Deoxys (since I can use him in OU). Which should I go for, and what's a good set?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well yeah but the EVs and nature would vary.

Attack Deoxys is unstoppable. It plows over like, everything. That being said Defense Deoxys is THE Pressure staller wall and it's really very good. also a tremendous spiker.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Only if its in Diamond and Pearl, you're able to freely swap forms.

I like the Attack Deoxys the best. Its pretty much unstoppable. Defense Deoxys is meh, it doesn't have the HP.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Bleh, I still can't decide... well, does Deoxys Speed work well in OU? Like I said, I've been considering him, but only because he's OU. And I don't want to waste my one Deoxys on a Poke that winds up sucking.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    No, it doesn't. I've KO'd it numerous times with Shadow Sneak.

Well, just to be safe, I think I'll go with a Deoxys with a Rash nature- that way, it can be used for Attack and Speed forms. Just in case.

But, just for the heck of it, what would be a good set for Deoxys-D? I've heard that someone here had a really good Pressure stall set, but I never saw it.

Blargtastic808

likes stuff
    Years
    I just caught my Azelf with Timid nature. Should I go with the standard nastyplot sweeper set? And if I do would that be a decent way to start off the match?

Oh and I just checked my IVs. Very sexy.

Hp 17 / Atk 27 / Def 1 / Sp Atk 31 / Sp Def 30 / Speed 31

Pretty damn awesome :D

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    I need a bit of help working out the EVs for my Nidoking.

Nidoking@Life Orb
    Mild Nature
    EVs: ?
    -Earthquake
    -Megahorn
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam

I'm never quite sure how to go EVwise with a mixed sweeper.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back