• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    252 HP/ 78 Def/ 180 SDef
    Careful
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Fire Punch/ Thunderpunch
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split

Standard. <3

Also, what's the set for that new Calm Blissey that's all the rage with the kiddies nowadays?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Thanks airconditioning ^.^
    Sorry I dont know about Calm Bliss except its Calm natured 8D

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Blissey@Leftovers
    Calm
    40 HP/252 Def/212 Sp Def
    -Seismic Toss/Thunderwave/Toxic/Ice Beam/Aromatherapy
    -Softboiled

I think

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Hello everyone. Id like to ask for a good wi-fi moveset for Raichu.

Raichu@Focus Sash/Expert Belt
    Nature:Timid/Hasty
    EV:252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Focus Punch/Focus Blast
    Nasty Plot

There you go. You Could use Focus Blast in conjuniton with Nasty Plot, 2HKO's Blissey. However, it's inaccurate. Hell, it hardly ever hits twice in a row anyway. However, Focus Punch can also 2HKO Blissey, and it's great for when you predict a switch. It's more more situational, though. Focus Punch is also capable of OHKO'ing a Tyranitar, which none of Raichu's special moves, even after a Nasty Plot, can do.

It goes to say, that even with Timid, you can still 2HKO a Blissey, and just about OHKO a Tyranitar with Focus Punch. (the minimun damage to Ttar is 98%)

By the way, I'm not back on the net yet, this is the school's computer, I'm supposed to be studying for a test. Back to studying.

Last edited:

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Nature: Quiet
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/ 188 SpA/ 68 Spe
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Dark Pulse/Crunch
    Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

(From Smogon)

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Oh, in my Raichu set, I posted Naive nature. DON"T USE THAT! I meant Hasty. Naive is a horrible nature for Chu. He actually has respectable Sp.Def. Lowering it would be a crime. And his HP isn't so pathetic either, but, you know, it won't make him less fragile.

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    Yeah, but with a Quiet Nature? <_< That doesn't seem like the best notion.

Well, you don't want to be taking away from his defence, otherwise he'll get pounded by physical attacks, and you don't want to take away from Special Defence, otherwise he'll get pounded by special attacks, and it needs the attack, so speed seems the only sensible option.

Light Azelf

See the light.
    Years
    Well, you don't want to be taking away from his defence, otherwise he'll get pounded by physical attacks, and you don't want to take away from Special Defence, otherwise he'll get pounded by special attacks, and it needs the attack, so speed seems the only sensible option.

I have a better set from flameheze:

Tyranitar (♂) @ Choice Band ** Bleed It Out
    Evs: 252HP / 80Atk / 176SpDef
    Careful nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge. Obvious credit goes to flameheze. This is way better. This is CBTar, though. But it does set an example on the EVs. In all honesty, those EVs suck... badly.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have a better set from flameheze:

Tyranitar (♂) @ Choice Band ** Bleed It Out
    Evs: 252HP / 80Atk / 176SpDef
    Careful nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge. Obvious credit goes to flameheze. This is way better. This is CBTar, though. But it does set an example on the EVs. In all honesty, those EVs suck... badly.

Thats Choice band Tar, which is not what Xairmo requested though... Ambient posted what was required.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, but I did say...

AND

I even admitted myself it WAS indeed CBTar.

But yeah, I'll stop this "debate." But I have made my point.

But Xairmo wanted a Boah set though =/.

It sets an example of evs, only if your running CB Tar.

Not on Boah it doesnt 252 HP / 188 SP.ATT / 68 SPEED@Quiet does that...

Light Azelf

See the light.
    Years
    But Xairmo wanted a Boah set though =/.

It sets an example of evs, only if your running CB Tar.

Not on Boah it doesnt 252 HP / 188 SP.ATT / 68 SPEED@Quiet does that...

I'm not THAT dumb, though.

My point being, is that Quiet doesn't do a good enough job. If you desire speed so much, go Hasty, as it has adds speed and lowers defense. Modest, however, is better, and Focus Punch still does a considerable amount of damage. It also has no effect on speed and is neutral.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not THAT dumb, though.

My point being, is that Quiet doesn't do a good enough job. If you desire speed so much, go Hasty, as it has adds speed and lowers defense. Modest, however, is better, and Focus Punch still does a considerable amount of damage. It also has no effect on speed and is neutral.

Quiet does fine, its been the standard since advance, ask Anti pop, hell anyone. Boah wants its def so its subs cant be broken by walls, so taking away from them is pointless. Modest it lol, Focus Punch it this sets most powerful move and it will fall short on some vital ohko's. Hasty is also lol, you dont seem to grasp the concept of Boah, its about taking out walls, NOT being fast, and for that you need its sp.att, to beat threats such as Swampert, Skarmory, Hippowdon, Weezing, Donphan, Blissey, Snorlax, Gliscor, Slowbro, Milotic to name but a few.

68 Speed EVs to outspeed Weezing will-o-wisp and Blisseys Thunderwave to get sub up with Quiet is all it needs.
    Boah is not about being fast, its about tanking through and breaking walls, this "immovable object" so to speak.

Light Azelf

See the light.
    Years
    Quiet does fine, its been the standard since advance, ask Anti pop, hell anyone. Boah wants its def so its subs cant be broken by walls, so taking away from them is pointless. Modest it lol, Focus Punch it this sets most powerful move and it will fall short on some vital ohko's. Hasty is also lol, you dont seem to grasp the concept of Boah, its about taking out walls, NOT being fast, and for that you need its sp.att, to beat threats such as Swampert, Skarmory, Hippowdon, Weezing, Donphan, Blissey, Snorlax, Gliscor, Slowbro, Milotic to name but a few.

68 Speed EVs to outspeed Weezing will-o-wisp and Blisseys Thunderwave to get sub up with Quiet is all it needs.
    Boah is not about being fast, its about tanking through and breaking walls, this "immovable object" so to speak.

I know it's not about being "Speedy", however, it's just the sophisticated fact that Smogon put Speed EVs on a Quiet Tyranitar. The fallacy is quite simple, if you ponder about it for a few seconds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back