• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I'm playing fire red and I have chose 4 pokemon that will stay on my team, I just need help picking the other two. My team is Charmeleon, Poliwhirl, Pikachu and Butterfree. I like that team atm, I know it's somewhat weak but I like it.

It's the last two pokemon I can't decide on, I have a Dugtrio but I don't really like it and I was thinking of getting a Ditto for the 6th pokemon. Has anyone got any ideas for two more pokemon that will make my team better?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • My Cradily has Earthquake & Breloom, Rock Slide to counter fire types

lol Breloom is going to get KOed before it can do a thing. Cradily is in no way bulky enough to handle the best fighters around, and Earthquake won't even get you KOs on bulkier stuff. That's kind of like saying "well my Steelix has crunch in case NP Azelf shows up" when you'll just be out sped and OHKOed anyways.

Your defenses are paper-thin with poor offense to back it up. Throw in stuff like Eggy and Shiftry that can blow up if all else fails.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Aburt11, this forum is not for posting requests and questions regarding rom hacking. There is a rom hacking section, which judging by your post history, you are perfectly familiar with.

Years
  • I'm playing fire red and I have chose 4 pokemon that will stay on my team, I just need help picking the other two. My team is Charmeleon, Poliwhirl, Pikachu and Butterfree. I like that team atm, I know it's somewhat weak but I like it.

It's the last two pokemon I can't decide on, I have a Dugtrio but I don't really like it and I was thinking of getting a Ditto for the 6th pokemon. Has anyone got any ideas for two more pokemon that will make my team better?
    in game doesnt need stratergy,just pick random pokemon.it doesnt mater!my suggestion:vapereon/flareon and electabuzz!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm playing fire red and I have chose 4 pokemon that will stay on my team, I just need help picking the other two. My team is Charmeleon, Poliwhirl, Pikachu and Butterfree. I like that team atm, I know it's somewhat weak but I like it.

No ingame teams.

I really wish people would read the rules =/.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I thought it was for battling? I battle my friends, does that not count?

...Competitive battling. Battling with your friends doesn't count, especially when you're using stuff like Butterfree and seriously considering literally the worst pokemon EVER (bar Magikarp and crap like that but it's not fully evolved like Ditto is =/

Anything wins ingame if they're at a high enough level. I posted suggestions on your profile.

EDIT: also, pretty much everybody here is playing 4th generation here...not to say third gen is bad but you probably aren't going to find much help even if this sort of thing weren't against the rules.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    I'm sorry but that team is pretty shocking... They are all balanced, why not get pokemon with good all around stats? I would say vary your team, Like:
    Fire
    Ghost/Psychic
    Water
    Fight/rock
    Flying
    Bug

I dunno but dont consitently use the same types, its trouble from the start.

:)

jasonh1259

D/C happening when I battle...
    Years
  • Sceptile and Blaziken help

Hello! :)
    I'm trying to create a Blaziken and Sceptile. :l
    I don't know what to make off of them..... :/
    physical, special, mix sweepers?
    Thanks you for your suggestions. :)

rocko427

I rock-o
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Movesets wanted!

Hi again. right now, I'm training UU's (1. because theyre unique, 2. because I trained everything else) mabye they're not all UU's but still I need help training them...

Cradily lv. 52 docile, likes to fight
    solarbeam
    amnesia
    rock tomb
    confuse ray
    info: I'm trying to EV train it in HP and sp. atk because all the other stats are high and speed... I considered it, but I dunno if it'll catch up to enemy stats. anyway, I taught it solarbeam as a temporary move, because I feel like having energy ball. There's also the other three, I feel like deleting 'em for stockpile, spit up, and swallow. one problem is how it's going to stand up to OU's like gengar (I see it ALOT) because spit up wont affect it and energy ball wont help much...

Lunatone lv. (I forgot) modest, somewhat of a clown
    psychic
    ice beam
    double team
    moonlight
    info: I only recently started training Lunatone, and thanks to my budget, I got to teach it TM's. this pokemon, I;m really lost at. MAJOR HELP NEEDED!!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry, it's probably been asked alot but..

I badly need a good Bronzong counter...Can someone help me please?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry, it's probably been asked alot but..

I badly need a good Bronzong counter...Can someone help me please?

Any fire type o.0 ?

Heat Rotom with overheat and Heat Wave Zapdos (especially the rest talker) are also a good choices since they are immune to EQ, and resist Gyro Ball, the former also is immune to Explosion.

Most bulky water types can wear it down too.

In addition Magnezone also gets a special mention due to its ability to trap zong and wear it down with T-Bolt (assuming Bronzong doesnt have a shed shell), just watch out for predicted eq's. However if you come in on SR or Gyro Ball or something you can then Magnet Rise and zong it stuck doing pretty much nothing to you.

As with most things with a sleep inducing move though you ae gonna have to predict around Hypnosis if you dont want your counter slept.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey, everyone... If this is the right place for this, then, what moveset would be best for Arcanine:
    This:
    Arcanine @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate/ Flash Fire
    EVs: 228 Atk/ 92 SpA/ 188 Spe
    Nature: Naive
    ~ Hidden Power [Electric]/ Hidden Power [Grass]/ Hidden Power [Ground]
    ~ Flare Blitz
    ~ Dragon Pulse/ Extreme Speed
    ~ Overheat

OR

Spoiler:

OR

Spoiler:

---
    Which is the best for him? He is hard to battle with, because of his low movepool, but I like him! =] Also, this is for Platinum...

Years
  • if you choose the first or second set than always go for life orb/choice band respectivly as you need the all the power you can get.
    all sets are viable but depends on what your team needs more! if i was you than id go for the mixed set as too much switching would kill arcanine because of stealth rocks!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    if you choose the first or second set than always go for life orb/choice band respectivly as you need the all the power you can get.
    all sets are viable but depends on what your team needs more! if i was you than id go for the mixed set as too much switching would kill arcanine because of stealth rocks!
    Yeah, thnx! I like the Mixed better also, but I die extremely quick with the Life Orb and Flare Blitz. :\ Hmmm...
    Edit: I might go with CB or CS, maybe CS with better coverage and no recoil... I don't need a Mixed Sweeper in my team since I already have Salamence.

Last edited:

Detox

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
    Hasty/Steadfast
    252 Atk/ 252 SpA /4 Spe
    -Close Combat
    -Hidden power Ice
    -Bullet punch/Vaccum Wave
    -Thunderpunch

Eh....bit of a concoction of mine, it works, but can anyone suggest a better moveset?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back