• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I need a good special wall this is preferably:

1.) Breedable.
    2.) Not Water-type
    3.) Not Blissey.

Snorlax maybe ?

Ill pm you that about the current metagame later since ive got quite alot on at the current time, sorry =[

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I need a good special wall this is preferably:

1.) Breedable.
    2.) Not Water-type
    3.) Not Blissey.
    Bronzong, perhaps?

I also have a question. I'm making my first 'true' team, and I've got everything figured out for it, except for one thing.

My last team member is going to be a Vaporeon, but I'm not entirely sure what its last move should be. Here's what I've got so far:

Nature: Modest

252 HP/ 252 SA/ 6 SD

Moveset:
    -Surf
    -Shadow Ball
    -Toxic
    -?

I'm considering Wish or Ice Beam, although I'm open to any suggestions.

-Thanks

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

Regice

I need a set for a offensive Sableye

Why the hell do you want that? Sableye sucks offensively.

Sableye @ Life Orb
    Modest
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
    -Nasty Plot
    -Dark Pulse / Shadow Ball
    -Psychic / Recover
    -HP Fighting / HP Fire

Have fun losing with it.

jasonh1259

D/C happening when I battle...
    Years
    Sweeper Vaporeon

Bronzong, perhaps?

I also have a question. I'm making my first 'true' team, and I've got everything figured out for it, except for one thing.

My last team member is going to be a Vaporeon, but I'm not entirely sure what its last move should be. Here's what I've got so far:

Nature: Modest

252 HP/ 252 SA/ 6 SD

Moveset:
    -Surf
    -Shadow Ball
    -Toxic
    -?

I'm considering Wish or Ice Beam, although I'm open to any suggestions.

-Thanks

Hm, Wish can be good to recover HP w/leftovers.
    Take away Shadow Ball to add Ice Beam. Surf already does alot of damage against ghost and psychic anyhow. Hidden Power Electric/Grass against certain water types that can wall this set.

Anyone can make a good Typhlosion moveset with either Choice specs or Choice Scarf is good :)

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Hm, Wish can be good to recover HP w/leftovers.
    Take away Shadow Ball to add Ice Beam. Surf already does alot of damage against ghost and psychic anyhow. Hidden Power Electric/Grass against certain water types that can wall this set.

Anyone can make a good Typhlosion moveset with either Choice specs or Choice Scarf is good :)
    The thing is that I taught Ice Beam to my Porygon-Z (still a Porygon, at this point), and I'm trying to make it so nobody on my team knows the same move. I also think I should teach Vaporeon Shadow Ball because the only other Pokemon with an attack that can do double damage against Ghosts or Psychics is my Seviper (Dark Pulse), which probably won't last very long before getting KOed.

Detox

Um......could some one give me a Physical set for sableye?

Um...whoops, I meant banette...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    So um, my current team is:

Gengar@Wide Lens
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hypnosis
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    ---
    Gallade@Life Orb
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    ---
    Froslass@Focus Sash
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psychic (replacing with destiny bond if I ever get her up there :P)
    ---
    Yanmega@Wise Glasses
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Detect
    - Air Slash
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    ---
    Milotic@Leftovers
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 148 HP/228 Def/132 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power Electric
    - Recover
    ---
    Tangrowth@Leftovers
    Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp Atk)
    252HP, 252Def, 6Atk
    Sleep Powder
    Leech Seed
    Block
    Power Whip

However, I personally can't STAND how Gengar looks, and was wondering if someone could suggest a lead that isn't so overused, and has more of a cutesy appearance... lol. Even though he's already trained with 29 Speed IV (Dun really care about IVs, as long as it's over 20 in their main stats :P)

I also want to figure out an alternative to Tangrowth. It's amazingly useful for blisseys without Flamethrower or Ice Beam, after it manages to land a block and leech seed, but other than that... it dies way too fast, as too many things have Ice Beam Nowadays -.-

EDIT: And since apparently some people can't read... I want to replace Tangrowth/Gengar with less used pokemon, and not as ugly :P EndEdit.
    Was also considering replacing Froslass with a Sucker Punch (PT Move Tutor)/Ice Shard variance, with a adamant nature, with Att EVs instead of SpAtt... But haven't decided yet... lol

Imagine if Froslass could learn Shadow Sneak... she'd hit OU for having 2 STAB Priority moves, as well as another one... XD

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    post as a separate rmt thread.

I wasn't posting for a rate... >_> If you read the post, you would know that.

I posted the team to help those who are you know, helping, know what types and such I already have covered, and what roles I have covered.

jasonh1259

D/C happening when I battle...
    Years
    Honchkrow and Typhlosion help

is these movesets good for these pokemon:

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
    -Eruption
    -Solarbeam
    -Fire Blast
    -Focus Blast

Honchkrow @ Scope lens [any item besides this can help]
    Ability: Super Luck or Insomnia [which one is better?]
    -Sucker Punch
    -Steel Wing
    -Drill Peck
    - [filler]
    needed help with Honchkrow moveset. thinking about using hidden power but i'm not a good breeder.... :nervous: and no platinum move tutors... :cross-eye

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Replace Solarbeam with something like HP Electric or HP Ice. And on Honchkrow, give it Pursuit and make it a Choice Bander.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    i need a team that revolves around a stat boosting baton passing lead with a tyranitar and salamence in it and ofcourse some good walls

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    Jolly || 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe

Substitute
    Baton Pass
    Swords Dance
    X-Scissor.

Set up a substitute first turn so you get a Speed Boost unscathed. Then if the sub is still up next turn, Swords Dance, if not, you can sub again or just baton pass. Whenever you are ready to pass your boosts whether they be Attack and/or Speed, this thing can easily pass something. Even if you just pass speed, a Tyranitar or Salamence capable of outspeeding Pokemon, even Choice Scarf users sometimes is awesome.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Hey there S&M wonders, I'm looking for a couple of opinions on what to use for an OU standard set on Nidoking. I used to run Choice Scarf on him, which was fun when he out-sped something he can OHKO with a mixed movepool, but I'm finding it tough to keep it going.

Sooo with that said, I thought switching him to a Life Orb set would work great, and to make up for lost speed I'd add an Agility Baton Passer. Should I just use the Smogon standard OU MixKing and go with Earthquake/Megahorn/Fire Blast/Ice Beam or mix it up a bit and try something new?

I'd also like recommendations for (at this point in time) non-Platinum Agility-BPers that would work well in a combo with him while still being able to stand up on it's own in battle. Something feasible, preferably not legendary (yet UU I'm more than willing to go for!)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey there S&M wonders, I'm looking for a couple of opinions on what to use for an OU standard set on Nidoking. I used to run Choice Scarf on him, which was fun when he out-sped something he can OHKO with a mixed movepool, but I'm finding it tough to keep it going.

Sooo with that said, I thought switching him to a Life Orb set would work great, and to make up for lost speed I'd add an Agility Baton Passer. Should I just use the Smogon standard OU MixKing and go with Earthquake/Megahorn/Fire Blast/Ice Beam or mix it up a bit and try something new?

I'd also like recommendations for (at this point in time) non-Platinum Agility-BPers that would work well in a combo with him while still being able to stand up on it's own in battle. Something feasible, preferably not legendary (yet UU I'm more than willing to go for!)

Well my Fav agility passers are Ambipom and Lopunny and because both are normal they tent to draw fighting attcks which Nido can come in on and then there is junk like Girafarig, Scyther, Venomoth, Blaziken, Masquerain, Floatzel etc if you want decent uu stuff.

Although the "best" passers are like Zapdos, Nubjask, Scizor and Jolteon can pass Agility too. Oh and Gliscor.

There are a few more in addition to those.

Although id probably try to avoid passing with something with the same weakness as the Nido >.<

But yeah the standard OU Mixking aka "crush king" (you can put t-bolt >> F-blast if you want to hit bulky waters )is a great set however sadly i keep finding myself saying "Tyranitar does this sort of set so much better" =[

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Well my Fav agility passers are Ambipom and Lopunny and because both are normal they tent to draw fighting attcks which Nido can come in on and then there is junk like Girafarig, Scyther, Venomoth, Blaziken, Masquerain, Floatzel etc if you want decent uu stuff.

Although the "best" passers are like Zapdos, Nubjask, Scizor and Jolteon can pass Agility too. Oh and Gliscor.

There are a few more in addition to those.

Although id probably try to avoid passing with something with the same weakness as the Nido >.<

But yeah the standard OU Mixking aka "crush king" (you can put t-bolt >> F-blast if you want to hit bulky waters )is a great set however sadly i keep finding myself saying "Tyranitar does this sort of set so much better" =[

Yay, I like some of those possibilities. Yes, although I was thinking of adding Gliscor to one of my teams (this being for wifi, though), it won't be with Nido. T-tar can go eat some muffins =] I'm sticking with the King. Haha.

Lopunny is intriguing, I might try it, otherwise Blaziken, Scyther, and Jolteon are all appealing too. I tend to keep Fire Blast over T-bolt since usually 4/6 of my team has T-bolt somehow, so when I still had that on Nido I thought, "hm...this is redundant." Plus I lack fire moves and a liking for fire-types.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I'm making a physical CB Flygon, but Smogon's EV spread seems iffy to me. Can I go 252 Atk/ 252 Spe, or is there some reason it would need those 80 HP EVs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back