• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I just want a good charizard for battle tower i just need two or more moves that compliment my charizard well

Charizard LV. 100

HP 285
    DEFENSE 187
    Sp. attack 244
    Sp. def 229
    Speed 277
    Moves
    Heat wave
    fly/?
    ?
    ?
    Nature
    Gentle

Thanks for the help
    In diamond and pearl battle tower
    SpecsZard can be used to it's full potential without SR running rampant.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP/Def, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Air Slash
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Focus Blast

But heck, if you want something easy, just give yours Flamethrower, Earthquake, Air Slash and Dragon Pulse.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I find choice items a liability in the battle tower in all honesty (outside of trick).

BellyZard works wonder with Trick @choice item support or Encore support, since the A.I gets locked in and they are too stupid to switch, just send in zard on something that cant touch it locked in, sub up, Belly Drum behind the sub and sweep with + 6 attack, +1 speed and blaze activated.

Charizard@Salac Berry
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Substitute
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Belly Drum

Also stats no, evs yes please. Anyways Gentle is a eww nature and Fly isnt that good, even in BT and things like tar walls you eithout eq, so meh.

Oh and just a note, it may be hard for in game due to breeding and all, but make sure your hp iv is even so salac berry will activate after a sub and a belly drum.

In addition, please use THIS thread for battle tower stuff in future, thanks ;)

Last edited:

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    What would be a good moveset for a Banette, and what nature should I try to get?
    Currently I only have a Hasty Bannete with a high attack and a low everything else, might do EV training later.

I've also have a modest Venomoth I got from a trade that I want to use, with Tinted Lens (ability) and no hold item as of now. I'd like some Sp-atk move ideas for it, and a good hold item for my Banette.

Also, to balance out part of the rest of my team, what is the best normal type in referance to speed/attk stats?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Lanturn@Choice Specs
    Modest, Volt Absorb
    40 HP/252 sp.atk/136 sp.def/80 Speed

Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power Grass/Brine/Toxic

This is your best bet. Choice Specs powers up your attacks, and smart prediction of electric attacks can keep you alive to bash your opponent's head in more.

The last slot is a toss-up. If you can't get HP Grass, then Brine can serve as a finisher with 195 BP (130 + STAB) if they're under half health, as compared to Surf's...137 with STAB? If Brine doesn't please you, then by all means, go with Toxic to hurt any non-steel or poison that comes in, especially Quagsire with his Water Absorb.

Specs Lanturn is rare, but it can really slam a lot of usual counters, except for the likes of huge special walls like Hypno, but you have Toxic for it.

The EV spread is to provide general bulkiness and to outrun minimum speed Nidoqueen/Claydol, both of who can land super effective hits on you, but you can do so right back at them.

This set is Smogon, so don't give me credit ._.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • I think Toxic will be the best bet for my Lanturn; Thanks so much ABYAY. That helped muches. ;D Also, what item should I give a Scizor with this moveset:
    Swords Dance
    X Scissor
    Iron Head
    Roost

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • If this is for D/P, then drop Iron Head, as you simply don't have the speed to exploit it. Using Quick Attack or Brick Break would work better with Life Orb as a great choice (Technician Quick Attack hurts a lot more than you think, becoming a cleaning move late game, which is what Scizor does; clean up a mess.)

If this is for Platinum, then SD/Bullet Punch/Roost/X-Scissor or Superpower/Brick Break will work fine, with Leftovers for survivability and easier setup, or Life Orb for max sweeping potential.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Alrighty, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about RBY.

I want to run an UU Confuparahax team, and since the choices for such a thing are rather limited, can someone give me a couple of Pokemon that go well together.

Detox

Crobat @ Choice band
    Jolly(+Spe -SpA)/Adamant(+Atk -SpA) Nature
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 hp
    -Brave bird
    -Cross Poison/Poison Fang
    -U-Turn
    -Return/Frustration

yeah it sucks -.-

Entei @ Life orb
    Modest/Timid
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 hp
    -Fire blast
    -HP Grass
    -???
    -???

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Alrighty, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about RBY.

I want to run an UU Confuparahax team, and since the choices for such a thing are rather limited, can someone give me a couple of Pokemon that go well together.

Hmm... parafusion. THeres not that much in UU. Lickitung gets Body Slam with great parahax, and gets Supersonic, but it has low accuracy. You could use Lickitung and Body Slam in tandem with Golbat and Confuse Ray. Pretty much any Paralysis statuser can be used with Golbat to form a devastating parafusion combo- Vileplume, Butterfree, or Magneton, to name a few.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Can anyone help me with a Stalling Tentacruel moveset and EV spread? I prefer to have TSpikes, and RSpin... I would like it to be more over Special Wall based than Physical.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can anyone help me with a Stalling Tentacruel moveset and EV spread? I prefer to have TSpikes, and RSpin... I would like it to be more over Special Wall based than Physical.

Tentacruel@Leftovers
    204 HP / 110 DEF / 24 Sp.Att / 172 Sp.Def
    Calm Nature
    Trait: - Liquid Ooze
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam / Sludge Bomb

Thats the ev spread i use and it served me well. The def helps cushion Close Combats from Mixape, Agililuke and what not etc.

The hp evs grants max lefties recovery and the sp.def evs ensure you are never 2hko'd by specs Mence or Scarf Trans Earth Power.

Last slot is up to you. Since its not really a good counter to Mix Dragons anymore due to them more than likely packing EQ now ,Sludge Bomb may be preferable >> Ice Beam and i also found its poison rate helpful vs other waters and the rotom formes who will come in to block your spin more often than not.

There are other options you can use for the last slot too, Knock Off is generally a good move to remove items to screw stuff up or you can use Hp Electric if you are scared of sub petaya empoleon but it doesnt have much utility outside of that, so the moves listed are usually better.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Tentacruel@Leftovers
    204 HP / 110 DEF / 24 Sp.Att / 172 Sp.Def
    Calm Nature
    Trait: - Liquid Ooze
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam / Sludge Bomb

Thats the ev spread i use and it served me well. The def helps cushion Close Combats from Mixape, Agililuke and what not etc.

The hp evs grants max lefties recovery and the sp.def evs ensure you are never 2hko'd by specs Mence or Scarf Trans Earth Power.

Last slot is up to you. Since its not really a good counter to Mix Dragons anymore due to them more than likely packing EQ now ,Sludge Bomb may be preferable >> Ice Beam and i also found its poison rate helpful vs other waters and the rotom formes who will come in to block your spin more often than not.

There are other options you can use for the last slot too, Knock Off is generally a good move to remve items to screw stuff up or you can use Hp Electric if you are scared of sub petaya empoleon but it doesnt have much utility outside of that, so the moves listed are usually better.
    Ooooo, I like this moveset! I will try it out! Thanks for the set! ;)

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Pokérus, EVs, Lucarios Moveset, etc. Help please.

Okay, I am trying to get a special sweeping Lucario and I have been training for about two-three hours so far.

Q. 1: If I have Pokérus, is it correct that it doubles the EVs gained from battle?
    My friend gave me an Unown with Pokerus and all of my team have it now, lol!

Q. 2: If I use items such as Carbos, do they really give me 10 EV points per one used?

Okay, the last question is regarding Lucarios moveset. What strategy do people use when dealing with a Lucario? I'd expect them to send out a Ground type or a Fire type so I taught Lucario Waterpulse but please suggest a moveset to me for a special-sweeping Lucario since I don't want to make a mistake.

Okay, I have been compiling a list since I started training Lucario and heres a copy of it so far. It is constantly changing so this list will be completely different in a few minutes lol.

Wild Pokemon:
    S-Atk: 14
    Speed: 22
    Vitamins:
    S-Atk: 90
    Speed: 70
    Wild Pokemon with Pokerus:
    Sp-Atk:
    Speed: 12

This list is assuming that vitamins do really give 10 EVs and that Roselia and Staravia give 2 EVs of Speed & Sp. Atk and 4 EVs of Speed & Sp. Atk while under Pokérus.

Lucario//Pein
    Calm Nature. (Completely random)
    Level: 21
    Hp: 66
    Attack: 49
    Defense: 38
    Sp. Atk: 64
    Sp. Def: 40
    Speed: 52
    Moveset: Dragonpulse, Psychic, Waterpulse, Forcepalm (Will be replaced with Aurasphere)

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Do they, really? o.o

I thought general questions regarding EVs belonged in the general section for Pokémon DS Games but okay. I've never really had a team accepted here since I've never been able to work out my Pokemon EVs until now since I have little knowledge about them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back