• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Have there been any reliable Giratina-O sets made yet? In Platinum I'd like to start playing ubers at some point and I'm just about to fight Giratina, soany help would be great.

Also, does anyone know if the GTS cloning glitch has been fixed?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    anybody know what Ev and IVA pokemon are...help me

The Stickies have a lot of info on that, you can check there.

Here's a question. (Since I've been absent for some time now)

What's the metagame like nowadays?

Well, the metagame is its usual hyperoffensive self. Scizor, Mence, Tran, and Latias are the main predominant pokemon I see around now. Tyranitar, Infernape, and bulky leads in general have also gotten a rise in usage. Pretty much anything that isn't standard rips through the ladder.

kingpin453

we are not the same,imma ghost
    Years

Well, the metagame is its usual hyperoffensive self. Scizor, Mence, Tran, and Latias are the main predominant pokemon I see around now. Tyranitar, Infernape, and bulky leads in general have also gotten a rise in usage. Pretty much anything that isn't standard rips through the ladder.

i dont see anything about IV and EV pokemon

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    i dont see anything about IV and EV pokemon
    Here's a basic rundown, but you should look at the guides here and google IV/EV for more information.

IV: Individual value, which makes every pokemon unique, with some being naturally stronger or weaker. IVs are static numbers and cannot be changed once a pokemon is caught/hatched/obtained. These IV numbers range from 0-31 in each of the 6 stats (HP, Atk, Def, etc). The only way to deliberately influence IVs is to breed, as some IVs may pass down to the offspring. For example, if two parents have an Atk IV of 31, there is a good chance that the baby may inherit that same IV.

EV: Effort value, which can boost your pokemon's stats considerably. For every pokemon defeated, your pokemon gains a certain amount of points. 4 EV points equal 1 stat point increase. For example, if you defeat 1 Starly, you will gain 1 Speed EV point. Defeating 4 Starly will give you 4 Speed EV points, and thus, 1 overall stat increase in your speed stat. You can determine which enemy pokemon give out certain points via various guides found on the internet. You may have a total of 255 EV points in one stat and a maximum of 510 EV points overall.

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
    There's no real reason to use Choice Specs Swampert when he has a pretty good physical movepool and a good base 110 Atk (as high as Lucario's, if I may). Not to mention, Specs Swampert is walled silly by Blissey, Snorlax, and just about every decent special wall out there. Heck, Hypno and Grumpig could do the job (even though they're UU).
    I'm well aware of its greater Physical Sweeping capabilities, but I feel like using a Special Sweeping set on him.

I just need an opinion (or fact) of which provides greater coverage for him: HP Electric or HP Rock.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I need help with a few pokemon that I'm going to be using for my team. It will be more a defensive team though. Here are a few pokemon.

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Pokemon: Bastiodon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Relaxed (Def +, Speed -)
    EV Spread: 252 HP, 228 Def, 28 Sp. Def
    Move Set:
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Iron Head/Earthquake
    - Metal Burst
    My Lead Pokemon. Stealth Rock, then Taunt to maximize Metal Bursts power

Pokemon: Claydol @ Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Sassy OR Relaxed (Sp. Def + OR Def +, Speed -)
    EV Spread: 252 HP, 144 Def, 80 Atk, 34 Sp. Def (Sassy) OR 252 HP, 188 Def, 68 Sp. Def (Relaxed)
    Move Set:
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Earth Power (Sassy) OR Power Trick (Relaxed)
    - Explosion
    Standard Screen support, but use Power Trick and finish off with Explosion

Pokemon: Lickylicky @ Leftovers
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Nature: Brave (Atk +, Speed -)
    EV Spread: Help me with this...
    Move Set:
    - Curse
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hammer Arm/Power Whip
    - Explosion
    Since Lickylicky will curse a lot, I figured to put Gyro Ball in, since it will do a bit if damage to anything after a curse or two. Hammer Arm is there if I want an attack, but also lower speed for Gyro Ball, and Explosion is for a big finish.

If someone could help me with these, or even add in a few other pokemon for a competitive UU battling team, that'd be great.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hidden power electric MixGyara

Need a set for StallTar

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    252 HP / 42 ATT / 216 SP.DEF
    Sassy Nature
    - Crunch / Rock Slide / Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast / Ice Beam
    - Thunderwave / Toxic
    - Stealth Rock

Support tar.

Ice Beam goes with T-Wave since you can hit the ground types immune to T-Wave.

Fire Blast goes with Toxic, because you can hit all the steels immune to Toxic.

Feel free to put the att evs in sp.att.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    252 HP /252 SP.DEF/6 ATT
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Payback / Crunch / Rock Slide

Crotar.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today

Also just to add this helps alot too.

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Hey there, does anybody know a good moveset to battle with on WiFi for a Calm Torterra?

Name: Torterra
    Level: 57
    Nature: Calm
    Moveset:
    -Synthesis
    -Crunch
    -Giga Drain
    -Leaf Storm

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey there, does anybody know a good moveset to battle with on WiFi for a Calm Torterra?

Name: Torterra
    Level: 57
    Nature: Calm
    Moveset:
    -Synthesis
    -Crunch
    -Giga Drain
    -Leaf Storm

There are so many things wrong with that.

Calm is an awful nature on Terra.

Special moves are awful on Terra.

Levels are irrelevant.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/torterra

Anyways there are alot of things Torterra can do, check out that link.

shayminfan12345

a SHAYMIN FAN
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Can someone tell me or give me a link on how to ev train my shaymin (sky forme)??? i checked smogon.com but it only had one for shaymin (land forme)...

please help

btw i checked serebii.com and i cant find anything in ev training pokemon.... pleas a link...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can someone tell me or give me a link on how to ev train my shaymin (sky forme)??? i checked smogon.com but it only had one for shaymin (land forme)...

please help

btw i checked serebii.com and i cant find anything in ev training pokemon.... pleas a link...

252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed / 6 Def @Timid for all Sky Shamin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back