• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I would personally say Medicham Is very good because of It's moves and If you learn how to control It's moves the right way It could most likely beat Gallade but Gallade on the other hand has Much better Fighting moves.

What @_______@

This isn't who wins in hand-to-hand combat (which btw depends on who wins the Speed tie), this is which one is a better Pokemon. If you learn how to use any Choice Bander well it's going to do damage, obviously. The difference is that Medicham's moves have low base power and it can't come in on anything.

Also, Scarf Gallade is a revenge killer...I mean, it's alright I guess =/ Just don't expect it to do any real damage.

Years
    Question: I have a Scizor with the Swarm ability.
    If I where to use Baton Pass at this time, would the 1.5x boost be passed along?
    This goes for pretty much any Pokemon with a pinch boosting nature w/ BP.

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2009
    Question: I have a Scizor with the Swarm ability.
    If I where to use Baton Pass at this time, would the 1.5x boost be passed along?
    This goes for pretty much any Pokemon with a pinch boosting nature w/ BP.
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think it is passed along.

Years
    No, and don't think that item boosts get passed along either. Only Stat boosts, Aqua Ring, Block, Confusion (Status effect), Curse (When used by a ghost type), Embargo, Focus Energy, Gastro Acid, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Lock-On, Magnet Rise, Mean Look, Mind Reader, Perish Count, Power Trick, Spider Web, and Substitutes carry over when BPed.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    For some reason i doubt a level 25 kirlia is competitive =/

Uber Haxed Kirlia?

Anyways, whats a good defensive set for Washer Rotom? I've been wanting to try it out, and I can't seem to find a good set.

*Hooray on first page!*

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    OK, I don't know if this is a bad place to put this, maybe I should put it in the FAQ or something, you can move it there if you want...

Can someone give me the low-down on all of the anagrams used here? Like STAB, BL, UU, and the such?

~F e n i x ♠

Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    Iv and Ev help

hello every1, for the past two days I've been reading up on "EV's" and "IV's" to expand my competitive battling. I think i grasp both concepts, but have a couple questions.....

1. I understand that you need to record what Pokemon to battle, and i know which Pokemon gives you which Ev's. So after I'm done specializing my Pokemon's Ev' s and spreading them out evenly, if I'm not at lvl. 100 can i just give them rare candies till they get to that level since rare candy's don't affect Ev's? will it affect how strong they are?

2. Also I think i kinda understand IV's, which is what ev's they start off with i think? rite? could someone please explain the basics of IV's?

Thanks for the help in advanced :)

Years
    1. I'm pretty sure that using Rare candies does in fact make your Pokemon weaker. Also, why bother getting to lv. 100 when D/P already has a feature on wi-fi that allows you to have lv. 100 Pokemon for the battle.
    2. IVs aren't what you think they are. IVs are special factors that are determined for the Pokemon when it is caught, received as an egg, etc.. They range on a scale from 0-31. These affects their stat points at lv.100 and range from 0-31 for each of the 6 stat. A Pokemon with a 31 IV in HP will have an HP stat 31 points greater than the same Pokemon with the same amount of EVs but a 0 IV in HP. They are also used in determining a Hidden Power's type and strength.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    If anyone has ever played Sonic Adventure 2: Battle!, or any other Sonic game with Chaos (the cute little guys you raise in the Chao Gardens), then you will understand the analogy. I think of a Pokemon's IVs as like how Chaos will start with a letter grade in a stat ranging from E-S. For anyone who knows what I'm talking about, you will understand IVs very well. It's just too bad there isn't a "Pokemon Doctor" you can take them to in the game that tells you what they have.

@Lolly - Thanks for the link

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    hello every1, for the past two days I've been reading up on "EV's" and "IV's" to expand my competitive battling. I think i grasp both concepts, but have a couple questions.....

1. I understand that you need to record what Pokemon to battle, and i know which Pokemon gives you which Ev's. So after I'm done specializing my Pokemon's Ev' s and spreading them out evenly, if I'm not at lvl. 100 can i just give them rare candies till they get to that level since rare candy's don't affect Ev's? will it affect how strong they are?

Once a Pokemon's EVs are maxed out, they no longer gain them from battling, so you can just battle with them normally. Using Rare Candies, as you stated, doesn't effect the EVs of a Pokemon. If you used them without EV training, they would be weaker, but with EV training, it is just a fast level up.

2. Also I think i kinda understand IV's, which is what ev's they start off with i think? rite? could someone please explain the basics of IV's?

IVs, or individual value, is a number from 0-31 that is assigned to a Pokemon when breeding occurs. When breeding, the parents can pass down a maximum of 3 IVs to the baby Pokemon. Of course, the higher the value, the stronger the Pokemon will be.

Thanks for the help in advanced :)

Answers to your questions in bold :P

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I forgot to add, you can't change IVs, so if I understand your "comparison", then IVs are nothing like chaos.

Okay, well, aside from that. IVs don't change, but that's how I think of them. They are the source behind how well you gain in a stat, aside from nature and a Pokemon's natural abilities by species, like Jolteons are fast.
    Aside from not being changeable, IVs are very similar to chaos. They are breedable just like them. I actually have studied Chaos and their breeding abilities to pass on traits, and they have a lot in common with IVs. So aside from not being able to change your IVs through evolution, they are the same as chaos.

Years
    Okay, well, aside from that. IVs don't change, but that's how I think of them. They are the source behind how well you gain in a stat, aside from nature and a Pokemon's natural abilities by species, like Jolteons are fast.
    Aside from not being changeable, IVs are very similar to chaos. They are breedable just like them. I actually have studied Chaos and their breeding abilities to pass on traits, and they have a lot in common with IVs. So aside from not being able to change your IVs through evolution, they are the same as chaos.
    Wha? Chaos?

Basically, a stat is effected by several factors.
    Base Stats, Level, Natures, EVs, IVs.
    Levels and EVs can change, but IVs, Natures are stuck from the start, with Base Stats being the same across all pokemon of the same species.

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2009
    Does Water Absorb regain HP in Rain? I can't remember..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back