• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Does anyone have a good defensive Poliwrath set? I having taking a liking to the tadpole. =P

Poliwrath@Leftovers
    252 HP / 164 Atk / 92 Def
    Impish Nature
    Trait : Water Absorb
    - Hypnosis
    - Brick Break
    - Ice Punch
    - Waterfall

If you want the ou set for it ill provide it upon request.

rilari82

King of Rock!
    Years
    Jirachi Moveset

WarpStar(JIRACHI)@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    240 HP/136 Spe/132 atk
    Zen Headbutt
    Fire Punch
    Wish
    Iron Head

I need a jirachi that can defend good and hit too!
    Please comment about the EV's!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    So if I have a poison-heal breloom holding a toxic orb, and I switch it in the same time someone else uses say thunder wave or spore, will I get the poison condition from the orb like I want or will the paralysis/sleep come before it and block it?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    So if I have a poison-heal breloom holding a toxic orb, and I switch it in the same time someone else uses say thunder wave or spore, will I get the poison condition from the orb like I want or will the paralysis/sleep come before it and block it?
    You'll get paralyzed/slept and the Toxic Orb won't activate ;)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    WarpStar(JIRACHI)@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    240 HP/136 Spe/132 atk
    Zen Headbutt
    Fire Punch
    Wish
    Iron Head

I need a jirachi that can defend good and hit too!
    Please comment about the EV's!

I'm worried that trying to balance wish passing and offense is going reduce the effectiveness of both strategies. To pass wishes, you should really have as much bulk as possible, and for physical attacking, you usually want to make attack and run a jolly nature to outspeed stuff. I'd go with one or the other. Also, another elemental punch > Zen Heatbutt will probably offer you better type coverage.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Would Heatproof or Levitate be a better ability for a defending Bronzong? I'm thinking Levitate, because Bronzong takes x2 damage from ground moves, and its better to completely avoid it than cut the damage in half, IMO. Just wanted to make sure.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Would Heatproof or Levitate be a better ability for a defending Bronzong? I'm thinking Levitate, because Bronzong takes x2 damage from ground moves, and its better to completely avoid it than cut the damage in half, IMO. Just wanted to make sure.

Levitate is almost always the superior ability, unless you're trying to counter something very specific. The ability to switch into predicted earthquakes is very valuable, and Zong is actually bulky enough to take on weaker fire attacks anyway. Stick with levitate I'd say.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009

Levitate is the more commonly used one, but actually depending on the team, Heatproof can be invaluable. Say your team has a Bronzong, Rotom-c, and Scizor. Bronzong will be able to take fire for Scizor, and Rotom-c takes ground. But for most teams Levitate is superior.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Levitate always is superior.

Zong is still 2hko'd by most STAB fire moves anyway even with Heatproof lol. Basically completely removing one weakness (Levitate) >>>>>>>> only halving another weakness.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Levitate always is superior.

Zong is still 2hko'd by most STAB fire moves anyway even with Heatproof lol. Basically completely removing one weakness (Levitate) >>>>>>>> only halving another weakness.

Not always, for leads, what idiot is going to Earthquake it anyways? No one. Heatproof just gives you the upper hand with suprise, and with Iron Ball trick I use Heatproof, even if I get hit by ground moves, they blame it on the Iron Ball, so Im even more protected.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Not always, for leads, what idiot is going to Earthquake it anyways? No one. Heatproof just gives you the upper hand with suprise, and with Iron Ball trick I use Heatproof, even if I get hit by ground moves, they blame it on the Iron Ball, so Im even more protected.

Umm the only fire leads that heat proof is useful are 1. Shuca Tran 2. Sash Ape and you lose to both even with heat proof. =/ Azelf too but even without Heat Proof you beat most of them anyway when ev'd correctly.

Bronzongs NEVER use Iron Ball, EVER. Check the smogon usage statistics if you dont believe me. Next its really not a surprize, i for one always make it my priority to Earthquake a Bronzong if i see it taking reduced damage from fire attacks too.

Bronzongs biggest asset is being able to switch into Earthquake, without that its just another asset it doesnt have over Metagross and Jirachi.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Umm the only fire leads that heat proof is useful are 1. Shuca Tran 2. Sash Ape and you lose to both even with heat proof. =/ Azelf too but even without Heat Proof you beat most of them anyway when ev'd correctly.

Bronzongs NEVER use Iron Ball, EVER. Check the smogon usage statistics if you dont believe me. Next its really not a surprize, i for one always make it my priority to Earthquake a Bronzong if i see it taking reduced damage from fire attacks too.

Bronzongs biggest asset is being able to switch into Earthquake, without that its just another asset it doesnt have over Metagross and Jirachi.

You say that he loses to both, where's your proof? Looking at the damage calculations, you;d be suprised to see how well he can fair against Heatran, Infernape, and Azelf. Also the most common other leads are Metagross, who would assume you have Levitate and wouldn't Earthquake, Swampert, who would do the same as Metagross usually, Tyranitar to star Sandstorm, but it doesnt affect the damage calculations and it wouldn't use Earthquake, and it fairs better against the rarely seen Tyraniboah, because they usually carry Flamethrower.

Standard Bronzong with Heatproof against Naive Azelf's Flamethrower: (22.49% - 26.63%) 5HKO-6HKO, with Leftovers calculated in it fluctuates
    Standard Bronzong with Levitate against Naive Azelfs Flamethrower: (44.38% - 52.66%) 3HKO with Leftovers

Naive being the standard lead nature, with Heatproof the Bronzong has a much greater chance of being able to stop the Azelf, if it goes straight for Flamethrower it has 4 turns to Hypnosis, Gyro Ball, Explode, or set up screens depending on the set. If it takes out Azelf, it can be used later for other walling, and if you have a bulky Rotom form or Zapdos, Gyarados, anyone to take ground, you're usually set. And people may be apprehensive about using Earthquake, factoring in your ability to neutralize it with the preasuumed Levitate.

Standard Bronzong with Heatproof against Standard Heatran Lead Fire Blast
    : (47.93%-56.80%) 2HKO, possible 3HKO with leftovers
    Standard Bronzong with Levitate against Standard Heatran Lead Fire Blast: (94.67%-111.83%) OHKO with 33% chance of 2HKO

With Heatproof the Bronzong has a chance to Earthquake the Heatran, and yes there is a Shuca berry usually, but the EQ is not to do much damage, its to get rid of that berry's effect for a Tyranitar or Metagross to OHKO Heatran later, as well as the Hypnosis chance of sleep. This is also assuming Fire Blast hits, while with its accuracy anything could happen.

Standard Bronzong with Heatproof against Standard Infernape Lead Fire Blast: (37.28%-44.38%) 3HKO with chance of 4HKO with leftovers
    Standard Bronzong with Levitate against Standard Infernape Lead Fire Blast: (73.37%-86.98%) 2HKO

All of the damage calculations are the same with Fake Out, which doesnt do anything with leftovers. Considering Infernapes using Fire Blast may potentially miss, and that Earthquake will ruin a Focus sash, it can generally hurt Infernape if it trys to stay in.

So Heatproof Bronzong can potentially screw up many of the most used leads in the current OU metagame, easily handling many of the common leads.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    But the point is no one would be stupid enough to keep a Bronzong in on a Heatran, Infernape, or Azelf as it is o.o. All three of them win 1 on 1 against Bronzong 99% of the time. The one percent being EQ on Heatran (That being it isn't running a Shuca Berry, but oh wait, it does 95 percent of the time as a lead! Otherwise it is scarfed, and outspeeds you and KOs you with Fire Blast XD). Infernape can live and Fire Blast your face off anyways :P Levitate is and always will be the superior ability on Bronzong. The gimmick of "surprise" rarely --IF EVER-- works at all.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Question: Overall, what would you consider the best nature to Ev train a Pokemon in Attack and Speed, or Sp Attack and speed?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Question: Overall, what would you consider the best nature to Ev train a Pokemon in Attack and Speed, or Sp Attack and speed?

Attack and Speed: Usually will be a physical sweeper, so either Adamant or Jolly natures.

Special Attack and Speed: Usually a special sweeper, so Modest or Timid.

There is the possibility of doing all three at once for a mixed sweeper as well, so either Naive or Hasty there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back