• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I like feraligatr and zangoose,DD varient for gater and SD for goose does well though lack of priority on zagoose hurts.

Anyone know a decent Mixsweeping set for
    TR honckrow?

Doesnt Zangoose get Quick Attack lol ?

Trick Room Honchkrow..

Honchrow@Life Orb
    Quiet Nature
    252 ATT / 252 SP.ATT / 6 Def
    - Heat Wave
    - Drill Peck
    - Super Power
    - Sucker Punch / Night Slash

Something like this ? Maybe a little out of sp.att and into hp, but thats up to you.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I feel sort-of stupid for asking this question, espically since Platinum isn't out yet but,

When I migrate my lv 65 Scizor form my FireRed to Platinum, and go to the move tutor, will it be able to remember Bullet Punch?

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Alright, I need a mesprit set. It's going to be used as a supporter, so something defensive. I'm not to sure on the nature and ev spread on it, however.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Alright, I need a mesprit set. It's going to be used as a supporter, so something defensive. I'm not to sure on the nature and ev spread on it, however.

Mesprit@leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 124 Def / 36 Sp.A / 96 Sp.Def
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunderwave / Reflect

This ev spread allows Mesprit to survive a +1 LO Waterfall from Gyarados, +2 lo flamethrower from Infernape (only just) and a LO Shadow Ball from timid gengar.

Ice Beam for dragons and t-bolt for Gyarados and Psychic is mainly for Infernape and other fighters, so pick which you want based your team needs to hit/counter. However if you dont care about ape and other fighters and want to focus on just countering mence and gyara feel free to use either ice beam or t-bolt over Psychic and doing so means you wont need the sp.def evs for ape so you can just put those in def.

Last slot is up to you, t-wave to cripple stuff whilst reflect supports the team and helps it with Pursuit. Again if you already have smething to set up SR, you can use both t-wave and reflect in those last 2 slots.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    offcourse,Why not?
    theres no such thing as a stupid qustion :p

I see, wait can he leanr Bullet Punch in DP as well?

It doesn't seem like it , but in another thread i thought i saw someone say that he had a scizor with Bullet Punch

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I see, wait can he leanr Bullet Punch in DP as well?

It doesn't seem like it , but in another thread i thought i saw someone say that he had a scizor with Bullet Punch

Nope, it cant learn it in D/P.

This is called a trade back as in he taught a scizor BP in plat and then traded it back to D/P.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Im looking for a moveset for four pokemon. I kind of have an idea already, but I need help. Also, suggestions on natures and EV's are helpful! Thanks in advance.

Pokemon:
    Infernape
    Empoleon
    Luxray
    Torterra

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    For Infernape go with Nast Plot Mixape

Infernape@ Life Orb
    EV : 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    Nature : Naive

-Close Combat
    -Nasty Plot
    -Fire Blast
    -HP Ice

Agili-Empoleon rapes teams so use it ^_-

IEmpoleon@ Life Orb
    EV : 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
    Nature : Modest

-Agility
    -Grass Knot
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf/Hydro Pump

I'll come back later for more sets.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    For Infernape go with Nast Plot Mixape

Infernape@ Life Orb
    EV : 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    Nature : Naive

-Close Combat
    -Nasty Plot
    -Fire Blast
    -HP Ice

Agili-Empoleon rapes teams so use it ^_-

IEmpoleon@ Life Orb
    EV : 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
    Nature : Modest

-Agility
    -Grass Knot
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf/Hydro Pump

I'll come back later for more sets.
    HP Ice? HP means hidden power, I think? And your move suggestions are similar to mine! Im not a total move spazz. :D But, most of the terms I see people on these forums, like Mixape, I don't know. So sorry if I seem like a nub. But, these moves need to be learned by lvl 50. These four are the pokemon I wanna use in the Pokemon Regionals...

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Messing around with anti-lead Weavile...

How is it? What should I use from the "/" ones?

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Jolly / Hasty
    6hp/252atk/252spe

-Fake Out
    -Taunt
    -Ice Punch
    -Night Slash / Pursuit

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Messing around with anti-lead Weavile...

How is it? What should I use from the "/" ones?

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Jolly / Hasty
    6hp/252atk/252spe

-Fake Out
    -Taunt
    -Ice Punch
    -Night Slash / Pursuit

Id use counter in 3rd or in the last slot, its helpful against Metagross and stuff.

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
    I'm trying to figure out a team to take to the pokemon world championship. I hope to get to at least the regionals, but either way, I need to sharpen up the Platinum 2v2, level 50, double battle team, and I am drawing a blank. But I think I might have an idea.

Toxicroack@ Life Orb
    Dry Skin
    Jolly Nature
    26 HP/ 252 Atk/ 232 Spd
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Stone Edge

Tentacruel@ Damp Rock
    Liquid Ooze
    Careful Nature
    252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 Sp.Def
    ~Reflect
    ~Light Screen
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Surf

I'm open to all suggestions. Toxicroack's my main attacker, and Tentacruel is the supporter.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm trying to figure out a team to take to the pokemon world championship. I hope to get to at least the regionals, but either way, I need to sharpen up the Platinum 2v2, level 50, double battle team, and I am drawing a blank. But I think I might have an idea.

Toxicroack@ Life Orb
    Dry Skin
    Jolly Nature
    26 HP/ 252 Atk/ 232 Spd
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Stone Edge

Tentacruel@ Damp Rock
    Liquid Ooze
    Careful Nature
    ~Reflect
    ~Light Screen
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Surf

I'm open to all suggestions. Toxicroack's my main attacker, and Tentacruel is the supporter.

A strong tank is always essential. Metagross or Torterra would be decent places to start. You'll want to use EV's on SpD, Def and HP.

Years

Toxicroack@ Life Orb
    Dry Skin
    Jolly Nature
    26 HP/ 252 Atk/ 232 Spd
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Stone Edge

Tentacruel@ Damp Rock
    Liquid Ooze
    Careful Nature
    ~Reflect
    ~Light Screen
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Surf

Well, Sucker Punch isn't great in Doubles as you need to predict who is going to attack, not just if. You are going to have problems with EQ as it will OHKO Toxicroak and Tentacruel, so you need to do one or more of the following:
    Run Protect on Toxicroak if it can learn it and have a Gyarados in a spare slot. From what I've seen, fragile sweepers don't last long in Doubles and stuff like Metagross is really common. You're better off swapping Tentacruel with Bronzong.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Just wondering why the combo of Skarmbliss worked so well in most teams and if it has any specific weaknesses like a Pokemon that poses a threat to both.

Years
    In Gen III, Skarmory had immense defense and a flying typeage which would protect Blissey from any fighting type moves and generally most moves determined by attack since it was a steel type and resisted most of them (Flying also provides an edge against ground). Moves that were super effective against Skarmory were special, so Blissey could switchin with its enormous Sp. def and absorb the hit. Same principles apply in D/P/Pt but to a lesser extent due to the new Physical/Special moves.
    As for counters, T-bolt + Cross Chop/Brick Break Electivire comes to mind, but that was about 2 years ago and I don't know if it still applies.

Years
    Just wondering why the combo of Skarmbliss worked so well in most teams and if it has any specific weaknesses like a Pokemon that poses a threat to both.

Mix Sweepers that are strong enough can knock them both out, most of them being the common powerhouses.

There are also some specific set-up sweepers that can defeat them both, but are generally limited in quantity.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    It was better in Gen III then Gen IV simply because Gen IV is much more quick and powerful.

SkarmBliss still is annoying and they are still great walls though but Mixmence can kill them both with Fire Blast/Brick Break. Same goes with Dragonite with Fire Blast/Superpower. There are others but I can't pick them off the top off my head. SkarmBliss works wells because the two Pokemon share no common weakness and Skarm is one of the best physical walls and Blissey is the best special wall.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back