• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm suprised that everyone has missed MixApe. Seriously. Anyway, Skarmory worked well on it's typing, and given the power-boost of the 4th Gen, there are a number of Physical Attackers that can get past Skarmorywith neutral attacks, such as CBTar, BulkyGyara(Taunt), DDGyara and SDLuke.

They are best run alongside a mixed tank of sorts, to deal with MixApe/Mence and the like. Tentacruel, Vaporeon and Cresselia can work rather well here.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Cool thanks a lot!
    Ok next question: Would a stall team centered around Skarmbliss be viable in the Platinum metagame?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Cool thanks a lot!
    Ok next question: Would a stall team centered around Skarmbliss be viable in the Platinum metagame?

Ask Obi.

But seriously, SkarmBliss needs a lot of support. Rock and Fighting attacks decimate it, meaning things like Rotom-H, Hippowdon, Celebi, etc...are essential for a successful SkarmBliss Stall team.

Years
    Which is a better ability for specs roserade as i am breeding :

Roserade @ Choice Spectators
    Timid,Ability??
    252 sp.att/252 spd/6 hp
    ~Leaf storm
    ~hp fire
    ~Sludge bomb
    ~Shadow ball

Need help with ability,Natural cure or poisn point,both have they pros and cons but i cant decide.Help?

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
    Which is a better ability for specs roserade as i am breeding :

Roserade @ Choice Spectators
    Timid,Ability??
    252 sp.att/252 spd/6 hp
    ~Leaf storm
    ~hp fire
    ~Sludge bomb
    ~Shadow ball

Poison Point is completely inferior to Natural Cure. It provides a 30% chance of inflicting 'Normal' Poison on the opponent each time it's hit with a contact move. 'Normal' Poison is fairly weak, and since Roserade can inflict status attacks on the opponent, inflicting Poison on them may also put it at a disadvantage (you can't use Sleep Powder on a poisoned Pokémon for example). Even when status attacks aren't a factor, Natural Cure is generally still a better option.

Silver Yutaka

Pokemon Purifier
    Years
    ok heres my team:

Umbreon:
    Toxic
    Baton Pass
    Wish
    Mean Look
    Held Item: Leftovers

Espeon:
    sunny day
    morning sun
    hidden power
    psychic
    held item: leftovers

Flygon:
    flamethrower
    rock slide
    dragon claw
    hidden power
    held item: i dont know please tell me

Tyranitar:
    Substitute
    Rockslide
    dragon dance
    earthquake
    held item: need help with it

infernape:
    swords dance
    flareblits
    stealth rock
    close combat
    held item: leftovers

i need help with the hold items for tyranitar and flygon and also i dunt know wahat to do for my last pokemon

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    I have never done competitive battling before, but i have been spending time reading battle logs and teams and decided to make my own team. I dont know what tier this is in, probably overused but i need to know if i should replace pokemon, or movesets.

Aerodactyle

Suicide Lead:
    -Taunt
    -Stealth rock
    -Ice fang
    -Stone edge / Earthquake
    Item: Focus band or sash

Suicide lead, Taunt to prevent Stealth Rock, and then set one up, focus band or sash, am not sure what to use will make sure he doesn't die? and ice fang and stone edge or Earthquake provide stab.

Togekiss

Annoyer:

-Air Slash
    -Thunder Wave
    -Roost
    -Aura Sphere
    Item: Leftovers

Serene Grace gives Air Slash a 60% flinch, and it has stab, thunder wave to annoy, roost to restore health Aura Sphere kills rock and steel types, but im looking for a better move.

Jolteon

Batton Passer:

Bronzong

Wall, support

-Light Screen
    -Toxic
    -Psychic
    -Safeguard
    Item: help?
    Setting up light screen, safeguard, and inflict toxic.

Tyranitar

DDtar:

Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    item: Help?
    Sweepign DDtar with Stone Edge stab, powerful earthquake, and a stab crunch which can also deal with Alakazam or cresselia, tough it might have icebeam.

Rypherior

Wall and Physical:

-Stone Edge
    -Avalanche
    -Earthquake
    -Substitude
    item: Leftovers
    Stone Edge and Earthquake for Stab, Sub for well... sub, Avalanche to kill dragons like Salamance or Flygon or Garchomp. Will gain power from sandstorm, and its ability is more reason for it to be on my team.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Yeah, so I'm not really in much on this fighting business, but I'm just wondering what the best nature for an Arcanine or Rapidash would be? Assuming they're even useful in competitive battling. I'm really just asking because I chained a couple of shinies of them and I'm considering trading them for some other shinies. Thanks 8D

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I am been taking some time making a moveset for SD Arcanine in UU. Though, it was originally meant for OU at the point so I might have to change the set around to adjust to UU since there is no Swampert or Heatran.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire / Intimidate
    Nature: Naughty
    EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpA / 156 Spe
    - Agility
    - Fire Fang
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Solarbeam

Set Comments: This is obviously meant for a SD team. And, this is a late-game sweeper once everything has weakened some. Switch in on a Pokemon that might switch, allowing Arcanine to get an Agility in. Fire Fang is for Bliss which is a 2HKO, and his mostly his main STAB option. It also might act as a Flare Blitz without the recoil. HP covers other Fire-types and especially Heatran. Solarbeam OHKOs or 2HKOs every bulky water, even max HP and SpD Vaporeon (though, no one runs it). After an Agility, he outruns every 110 base Scarf Pokemon even with max nature and EVs (like Timid Scarfgar). Though, Salamence entirely walls this set, and Dragonite is also a decent one too. Again, this was meant for OU, but he would be walled by the Pokemon stated above, so UU would be a better option, plus there are better options for SD in UU. What do you think? (In UU) I will be doing calcs tomorrow on the UU Pokes.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I am been taking some time making a moveset for SD Arcanine in UU. Though, it was originally meant for OU at the point so I might have to change the set around to adjust to UU since there is no Swampert or Heatran.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Nature: Naughty
    EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpA / 156 Spe
    - Agility
    - Fire Fang
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Solarbeam

Set Comments: This is obviously meant for a SD team. And, this is a late-game sweeper once everything has weakened some. Switch in on a Pokemon that might switch, allowing Arcanine to get an Agility in. Fire Fang is for Bliss which is a 2HKO, and his mostly his main STAB option. It also might act as a Flare Blitz without the recoil. HP covers other Fire-types and especially Heatran. Solarbeam OHKOs or 2HKOs every bulky water, even max HP and SpD Vaporeon (though, no one runs it). After an Agility, he outruns every 110 base Scarf Pokemon even with max nature and EVs (like Timid Scarfgar). Though, Salamence entirely walls this set, and Dragonite is also a decent one too. Again, this was meant for OU, but he would be walled by the Pokemon stated above, so UU would be a better option, plus there are better options for SD in UU. What do you think? (In UU) I will be doing calcs tomorrow on the UU Pokes.

If your damage calcs come out to clean OHKOes with LO, I would change to Lefties and give Arcanine Flare Blitz. Using this with Wish support is also an added bonus.

Anyways... I would run Flash Fire atm, since you're main STAB is Fire Fang. As for the moves themselves, it looks ok, since you hit practically everything in UU. I would consider running a max Spa/max Spe set though with Flamethrower.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Skip Shot said:
    If your damage calcs come out to clean OHKOes with LO, I would change to Lefties and give Arcanine Flare Blitz. Using this with Wish support is also an added bonus.
    Yeah, I would probably do that since no extreme walls are out of the way.
    Skip Shot said:
    Anyways... I would run Flash Fire atm, since you're main STAB is Fire Fang. As for the moves themselves, it looks ok, since you hit practically everything in UU. I would consider running a max Spa/max Spe set though with Flamethrower.
    Yep, pairing with the other Chlorophyll users Flash Fire might come in handy. I was also thinking of changing the type of HP to Rock since there is no Heatran anymore, yay! If I take out most of the popular special walls in the UU, then I would just go entirely special.

Edit: I will be editing some for calcs. (these are all done with SD up and with max SpA)

Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Calm Clefable = 55.33% - 64.97%

Hidden Power [Ground] vs. 252 HP/ 168 SpD Calm Probopass = 66.05% - 77.78%

Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Calm Regice = 77.20% - 90.93%

Actually it 2HKOs almost everything in UU. So...

Arcanine @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Agility
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Flamethrower / Flare Blitz
    - Solarbeam

Flamethrower is a bit more reliable than Flare Blitz since my HP decreases 1/3 every hit. D:

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Well, I'm certainly shocked. Smogon let THAT THING (aka Prince of the Oceans) onto the suspect ladder. Everyone is using the Tail Glow sweeper as of late. I thought of a defensive set that I might use:

Mana Elixir @ Leftovers
    Bold/Calm Nature
    252 HP/ 144 Def/ 110 SpD

Heart Swap
    Surf
    Rest
    Toxic

The strategy of this set is to steal away DD, NP, CM, and SD boosts from setup Pokemon, then either stall them with Toxic and recover with Rest (the sleep goes away thanks to Hydration), or Surf the opponents to oblivion in the rain. The EVs would be tweaked to 252 HP/ 144 SpD/ 110 Def if a Bold Nature is used. What do you guys think?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Manaphy sucks without the rain, this set is meh but do you realise you need Rain Dance to use Hydration so someone else has to set it up or you hae to set it up. Kingdra eats this set up, rain doubls his speed and he can DD and OHKO you with Outrage =D

Use Rain Dance/Toxic/Rest/Surf. Heart Swap is meh and better for Ubers ;p

Manaphy will be OU, it isn't getting any usage in Ubers and Blissey can wall the crap of it in OU and SpecsJolt can OHKO. Kingdra can benefit from its rain and own it. Manaphy really belongs it OU, it isn't too daunting.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    Manaphy.. OU?
    Oh wow. >_>

Anyway, I'm forming a three-man team that includes Muk! ^___^
    I need a set for Muk as well as advice on another two members that would balance the team, along with sets for them too.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I dont get why people say Blissey walls Manaphy since it uses standard Blissey as set up fodder, even outside of rain. =/

The only Bliss that can beat it is Calm mind Bolt Beam Bliss or Psych up bliss and hence why you saw both the aformentioned blissey in VERY early D/P when Manaphy was ou.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    it isn't getting any usage in Ubers

I don't know how many times I have to say that this is irrelevant. If Rayquaza suddenly plummets in usage, that doesn't make a case for it to be moved down to standard play any less ridiculous. Uber metagame matters aren't even good as side notes.

And from your post in general I can tell that you probably haven't played with Manaphy or against it on suspect? It's pretty easy to tell lol. And even if you have, one or two days is WAY too early to draw such conclusions.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    Question(s)

i have a few pokemon and im not sure what moves i should give them. they are not nesscessarily all on the same team.
    here are the guys im looking for a movesets for:

Machamp
    Dragonite
    Aerodactly
    Infernapre
    Heracross
    Rampardos
    Slaking
    Gyarados
    Ho-oh
    Weavile
    MetaGross
    Salamence
    Mamoswine
    Electrive
    Groudon
    Tyranitar
    Leafeon

Dialga
    Magnezone
    Porygon-Z
    Magmortar
    Darkrai
    Azelf
    Raikou
    Kyogre
    Mewtwo
    Moltres
    Zapdos
    Articuno
    Mismagius
    Milotic
    Gengar
    Latias
    Latios
    Palkia
    Arceus
    Espeon
    Jolteon
    Vaporeon
    Flareon
    Glaceon

Umbreon
    Tangroth
    Manaphy
    Jirachi
    Shaymin
    Regigigas
    Mew
    Giratina
    Heatran
    Lugia
    Rayquaza
    Deoxys (normal)
    Blissey
    Dusknoir
    Mesprit
    Celebi
    Uxie
    Suicune
    Cresselia

help if u can. PM would b the best way answer plz.

also can someone post a link to a pokemon tier list? all the ones i seen on google are outdated.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Manaphy sucks without the rain, this set is meh but do you realise you need Rain Dance to use Hydration so someone else has to set it up or you hae to set it up. Kingdra eats this set up, rain doubls his speed and he can DD and OHKO you with Outrage =D

Use Rain Dance/Toxic/Rest/Surf. Heart Swap is meh and better for Ubers ;p

Manaphy will be OU, it isn't getting any usage in Ubers and Blissey can wall the crap of it in OU and SpecsJolt can OHKO. Kingdra can benefit from its rain and own it. Manaphy really belongs it OU, it isn't too daunting.

I was planning on using it in conjunction with Rain Dance. It doesn't have to set RD up lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back