• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I've been looking into competitive play for the past week or so, while I wait for my Platinum to ship (make it get here faster :(). I want a team that can hold its own, of course, but I also...you know, wanna use some of my favorite Pokemon >_> I'm quickly coming to realize that tends to be a bad idea. Sigh. At any rate, I don't wanna make a separate rate-my-team thread, but I do want some opinions.

Adamant Metagross w/Occa Berry
    252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Meteor Mash
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake

Togekiss -- I'm still not quite sure what to do with this. It seems like it'd make an excellent sweeper, and an equally excellent pain in the ass with flinch-attacks.

Impish Torterra w/Leftovers
    212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
    - Wood Hammer
    - Stone Edge
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

Adamant Arcanine w/Choice Band
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Flare Blitz
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Thunder Fang
    - Overheat

Milotic -- Much like Togekiss, I'm not sure what to do with this one. It has excellent defensive and support capabilities, but I feel like my team needs more special-attackers...particularly, ones with Ice or Dragon-type attacks, that this baby could use.

Lonely/naughty Lucario w/Life Orb
    184 Atk / 128 SpA / 196 Spe
    - Agility
    - Close Combat
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Ice

I sorta feel this guy picks up where the rest of my team feels like its lacking. Great mix of physical and offensive attacks that cover some weaknesses the rest of my team wouldn't, but it all depends on Togekiss and Milotic, or their replacements.

Do I have the right idea? Is all-offense really a better idea, or is a more strategic good offense/good defense actually viable? I know Arcanine and Milotic, and probably Torterra, are probably my flawed choices. I'm open to suggestions, though I'd like to keep them if possible x)

(I'd post pictures too but it won't let me post URLs yet -_-)

Last edited:

LugiaFreak

Years
    Magikarp FTW!

Also, adding on to my previous post...

This is a weird but also epic question: What's the best nature for a Magikarp? NOT GYARADOS. Magikarp. :t129:

I need the Attack to be high, so what's a good nature for that?

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    Also, adding on to my previous post...

This is a weird but also epic question: What's the best nature for a Magikarp? NOT GYARADOS. Magikarp. :cool:

I need the Attack to be high, so what's a good nature for that?

Ahahaha, I'm not even gonna ask XD Lonely (-defense), brave (-speed), adamant (-special attack), and naughty (-special defense) for attack. It all depends on what stat you're willing to lower :P

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Ahahaha, I'm not even gonna ask XD Lonely (-defense), brave (-speed), adamant (-special attack), and naughty (-special defense) for attack. It all depends on what stat you're willing to lower :P
    should always be Adamant, no reason to ever lower Gyara's speed or one of his decent defensive stats instead of his already pathetic (and never used) Special Attack.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I'm lookinmg for a good move set and EV spread for a Timid Roserade.

I'm sorta thinking as a move set to be Toxic Spikes, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, and Sludge Bomb, and as an EV spread, I'm thinking about going 252 Speed, 216 Sp. Atk and 40 HP.

This is subject to change, but any help would be really nice.

Years
    Well, I know for a fact that sometimes stats are affected by personality. I dunno about mild, but I think for Rash, Defence(?) is lowered, but...Attack(?) is raised.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    To the above poster:

Mild lowers defense and raises sp. atk, Rash lowers sp. def and raises sp. atk

You should go with rash imo

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Eruption would take care of Grass/Bug types (which are mainly Special Attackers)
    Focus Punch would take care of Normal/Rock (I think)/Ground (I think)/Steel (I think) (which are mainly Physical Attackers)
    Overheat would take care of Bug/Grass (which normally use Special Attacks) / Will-O-Wisp is a Status Move
    Earthquake would take care of Electric types (which normally use Special Attacks to the best of my knowledge)

Rash raises Special Attack, but lowers Special Defence
    Mild raises Special Attack, but Lowers Defence

Since you have less attacks to take care of Physical Attackers, I would focus on raising my Defence. But that's just me...

Anyways, kinda off-topic, but would you want to trade a Cyndaquil for a Totodile?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    which is better Hasty or Naive?

Although it is mainly personal preference of what defense you'd most likely lower, you need to look at the set-up of the rest of your team: Are you already able to take one side of the defenses easily? If so, lower that defense stat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    I need a sixth Pokemon for my team on Platinum:

-Empoleon
    -Buneary
    -Leafeon
    -Gardevoir
    -Altaria
    -OPEN SPOT

I was thinking maybe Weavile, but i'm honestly not sure.
    Just please do not suggest any fire types. I hate fire types.

Years
    Hasty increases speed, I think Naive raises...defence? I'm not very good at stats, so...yeah...don't always listen to me. xP

lol both raise speed but each lowers def and sp.def respectivly.
    comes down mainly to preferrnce or you can look at your team and figure out which side of the spectrum your weak to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back