• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
Years
  • Miltank @ Leftovers (F)
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: ?????
    Adamant Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - T-Wave
    - Dizzy Punch

Thinking of using this as an Anti Lead set. Dizzy Punch is there over Body Slam as I already have T-Wave to cripple faster leads and the confusion would be nice to annoy. Stuck on the EVS though. Wanting to invest in Attack and both defenses, and then I'm not bothered for Speed as base 100 is good anyway and I'll be using T-Wave. Any help on those and the whole set?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    These are my Newest Lv.100s (There may be six, but They are NOT a Team):

Dragonite
    Adamant
    Focus Punch
    Outrage
    Substitute
    Roost

Octillery (Shiny)
    Adamant
    Seed Bomb
    Waterfall
    Payback
    ??? (I currently have Bounce, but that move's no good, So I need a better Idea)

Sceptile
    Modest
    Energy Ball
    Focus Blast
    Leaf Storm
    Dragon Pulse

Breloom
    Jolly
    Poison Heal
    Focus Punch
    Spore
    Seed Bomb
    Thunderpunch

Mukuhawk
    Adamant
    Brave Bird
    Close Combat
    U-Turn
    Steel Wing

Glion
    Jolly
    Hyper Cutter
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Roost
    Stealth Rock

I know these are pretty bad, so I'd like some help

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    What are some strategies to help get around stealth stones and toxic spikes? Just rapid spin? (or will that even work?)

I've been playing shoddy and 80% of the time, my opponent opens by using stealth stones and then toxic spikes a couple times. Luckily I have a few lum berries in my team, but not on everyone...any other strategies I could use? I hear a non-flying or levitating poison pokemon gets rid of the tspikes...is this true?

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2009
    A non-flying, non-levitating poison Pokemon will get rid of T-spikes.
    T-spikes do not affect steel types, so, a Rapid Spinning Forretress is a common poke, well, not so much now, but, it is good for stopping t-spikes, spikes, and Stealth rock.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • What are some strategies to help get around stealth stones and toxic spikes? Just rapid spin? (or will that even work?)

I've been playing shoddy and 80% of the time, my opponent opens by using stealth stones and then toxic spikes a couple times. Luckily I have a few lum berries in my team, but not on everyone...any other strategies I could use? I hear a non-flying or levitating poison pokemon gets rid of the tspikes...is this true?
    Stealth Rock is basically a given on every team; your best hope is to limit the amount of Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon you have on your team.
    As for Toxic Spikes, yes, that is true. If you have an earthbound Poison type, it will absorb Toxic Spikes as soon as it comes in.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I just got my hands on a Modest Jirachi, I've had a look on Smogon but there are no sets for a Modest, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Cheers, Ozy

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED/ 6 HP
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire / Ground / Ice] / Trick

Something like this ?

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • The moveset is alright, but why give it the Choice Scarf knowing its negative effect and all? You'll be forced to switch out when your opponent brings out something that walls your constant spam of the first move used, unless the forced switch is what you're aiming for, I don't think that you should have a Choice Scarf on it.

In my opinion, the item should be either an Expert Belt or a Life Orb because it has a variety of moves with different types which would benefit from either one of the two items. I lean more towards the Expert Belt since it doesn't have a draw back like the Choice Scarf/Life Orb >_>

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    The moveset is alright, but why give it the Choice Scarf knowing its negative effect and all? You'll be forced to switch out when your opponent brings out something that walls your constant spam of the first move used, unless the forced switch is what you're aiming for, I don't think that you should have a Choice Scarf on it.

In my opinion, the item should be either an Expert Belt or a Life Orb because it has a variety of moves with different types which would benefit from either one of the two items. I lean more towards the Expert Belt since it doesn't have a draw back like the Choice Scarf/Life Orb >_>

Umm choice items take prediction to use and being locked into one move really isnt a drawback considering the boost they grant and when you know, you can switch out. Also if they keep going to the same thing to wall you, then switch the same turn and predict their prediction or heck trick your scarf onto them to make them useless. Its not that hard.

Forcing things to switch out is exactly what scarfs are useful for

aka

Gyarados used Dragon Dance
    Go Jirachi

Gyarados has been checked.

Jirachi is still faster so Gyara will have to switch and take SR damage or risk staying in and getting outsped and owned with t-bolt. Revenge killing junk is pretty cool too.

Life Orbs "draw back" is negligible tbh.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • The moveset is alright, but why give it the Choice Scarf knowing its negative effect and all? You'll be forced to switch out when your opponent brings out something that walls your constant spam of the first move used, unless the forced switch is what you're aiming for, I don't think that you should have a Choice Scarf on it.

Or it could be used as a revenge killer, and if she decides to put trick on it, it'll screw up many of Jirachi's common switch-ins. Trick-scarfing is incredibly popular and very effective when used correctly.

Lol D_A beat me...>.<

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • In switching out when walled by something you put yourself in danger of being predictable(sure you can predict their prediction but your opponent can do the same which isn't favorable when battling a smart player), but I can see how useful the Choice items are in those kind of situations.
    EDIT: *looks at Aurafire's post before me* Oh I see =O

I would prefer that he'd get a speed natured Jirachi for better results, I'm not saying that a Scarf'd Jirachi is bad or worse but I'm a bit unsure about it.

Maybe draw back isn't the word for this >_>

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • I need a spread/moveset for a hasty muk. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I need a spread/moveset for a hasty muk. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hasty is a rather debilitating nature for Muk, as it's a primarily defensive pokemon. Hasty will lower it's defense while boosting it's useless speed. You'll want a Careful or Adamant nature for him.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • Hasty is a rather debilitating nature for Muk, as it's a primarily defensive pokemon. Hasty will lower it's defense while boosting it's useless speed. You'll want a Careful or Adamant nature for him.

Ahh right. I already have a Muk that is EV trained in adamant. Just didn't want to let this one go to waste. Thanks though.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In switching out when walled by something you put yourself in danger of being predictable(sure you can predict their prediction but your opponent can do the same which isn't favorable when battling a smart player), but I can see how useful the Choice items are in those kind of situations.
    EDIT: *looks at Aurafire's post before me* Oh I see =O

I would prefer that he'd get a speed natured Jirachi for better results, I'm not saying that a Scarf'd Jirachi is bad or worse but I'm a bit unsure about it.

Maybe draw back isn't the word for this >_>

Choice Items are used alot for a good reason. They either Greatly Boost an attack Stat(Band/Specs) Or let you outrun things that normally can hit you first(Scarf)

It's "Drawback" is minor at best. Switching in and out is done alot in competitive Battles, even with Pokemon without Choice Items. The worst thing you can do is leave out A Pokemon that can get 1HKOed by an opposing Pokemon's Attack.

Edit: btw, I recently got a Brave Grimer with Shadow Sneak and Curse. What EVs should I put into it and what 2 moves would work best with these. I was thinking:

Muk @ Black Sludge
    (Not sure about the EVs)
    Brave
    Sticky Hold
    Shadow Sneak
    Curse
    Brick Break/Focus Punch
    Poison Jab/Gunk Shot/Explosion

Last edited:

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • Miltank @ Leftovers (F)
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: ?????
    Adamant Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - T-Wave
    - Dizzy Punch

Thinking of using this as an Anti Lead set. Dizzy Punch is there over Body Slam as I already have T-Wave to cripple faster leads and the confusion would be nice to annoy. Stuck on the EVS though. Wanting to invest in Attack and both defenses, and then I'm not bothered for Speed as base 100 is good anyway and I'll be using T-Wave. Any help on those and the whole set?

Just thought I'd bump this as it got ignored and I really need help. :)

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I guess with those attacks, you'll go CBTank.

Miltank @ Leftovers (F)
    Ability: Thick Fat / Scrappy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Zen Headbutt / Fire Punch
    - Hammer Arm
    - Earthquake
    - Body Slam / Return

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I guess with those attacks, you'll go CBTank.

Miltank @ Leftovers (F)
    Ability: Thick Fat / Scrappy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Zen Headbutt / Fire Punch
    - Hammer Arm
    - Earthquake
    - Body Slam / Return

Red Rain said:
    Thinking of using this as an Anti Lead set.

?_____?

But yeah, consider Stealth Rock and / or Counter too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Hi I just started to build up my team and I have a few questions.

1. This might be the far noobiest question. I haven't battled online, are there different sections like the Overused and Underused, or can you use both an OU/NU/UU pokemon?

2. I am starting to build my team using Smogon for competitive battles so I know all the moves and EV's I need, but need help with my team choices.

It would be

Ninjask :Sword Dance baton pass

Metagross: Offensive

Togekiss: Offense

Toxicroak : Offense

Weaville or Scizor. I am not sure what to do here. If I take them both I would be quite weak against a fire type move which is rather why I would pick one or the other.

Porygon-Z special sweeper.

I am mainly confused on what to do with the Weaville/Scizor situation. I would like to keep my batton passer and other pokemon, but if I need to I'll cut one short.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    I've got an interesting question...

What happens if my opponent has a choice item, uses an attack (so they're theoretically stuck with it), then I get off mean look and torment?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back