• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Like I didnt know that, still, idc bout strong or weak in my team..
    so if youre not gonna help then dont say anything ok ^^
    Thats pretty stupid if you don't want your team to be strong. Shiroi Togekiss is right, Delibird sucks, its NU and no one uses it apart from novelty. If your adamant on using him well Hustle Delibird is the only set that can actually do damage to something =/

Delibird @ Choice Band
    Jolly
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Ice Punch / Seed Bomb

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • How in the world is Power Trick viable on Shuckle? It is hard to set up, stopped by almost any priority move, not to mention 614 Attack isn't high enough to get past most walls. For those reasons doubles TR Shuckle isn't viable at all.

The Toxic / Encore set is much more useful, but it still isn't viable due to being mostly setup fodder and a free switchin (Scizor says hi)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2009
    ok

Thats pretty stupid if you don't want your team to be strong. Shiroi Togekiss is right, Delibird sucks, its NU and no one uses it apart from novelty. If your adamant on using him well Hustle Delibird is the only set that can actually do damage to something =/

Delibird @ Choice Band
    Jolly
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Ice Punch / Seed Bomb
    ayt but I just wanna train it too lvl 100, since im on firered for a awile, and Ive got way stronger teams on pt/p. Ev training attack atm.. macho brace gains around 8-7 attack per lvl :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Both of those sets are gimmicky, don't work, and are risky. The ONLY Shuckle set you should EVER use is one with Encore. I don't care if you can OHKO any Pokemon in any metagame... you can't possibly think you're going to outrun them, and they can just jab at your new abyssmal defenses. (Your new base defenses are 20-10-10, btw)

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Encore
    - Rest
    - Toxic
    - Knock Off

And, no, none of these moves are optional at all. Encore keeps Shuckle from becomming setup fodder, and you usually use it the FIRST turn the opponent is out. This way if you can stay in an extra turn without fainting (or if you are certain your opponent will switch out), you can proceed to Knock Off or Toxic. Both will ruin a lot of sets.

Although out of the whole 4 things Shuckle can do, there are Pokemon that do each one better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There is one word to describe this set : sxzcdadfgdsfbyunbfvdcsfvt.

This set has been done before and it just doesnt work. There is a reason smogon took the Power Trick set off the analysis, because of pretty much what Aquilae said and additionally you get a poop defense stat out of it which means you pretty much lose (base 10 def). Anyways, Shuckle is the best dual wall in the game in sandstorm and really should be played as thus.

Really if you want a scarier Trick Room sweeper, try Belly Drum Snorlax/Hariyama or SD Rampardos/Rhyperior or something. More attack and get the job done alot better.

Also why would you use Trick Room on a CB Gallade ?.?

I guess in double battles it might work as said if you are using follow me, but i have 0 expreience in double battles so i cant comment in that respect.

This doesnt warrant a whole thread btw, use this thread in future ;)

~Merged~

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sending me to that thread doesn't really answer my question...

I'm talking about like a basic guide or something similar to doubles.

Oh sorry i miss interpreted your question, i thought you wanted sets and strategies for double battles thats why i linked you to that thread to ask for them. >.<

I was just told that you should only use Focus Sash on the Lead of your team?

Why?

What Aura said and when not used on a lead there is a 99.9% chance that there is a better item.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Well, imo if most of your Pokemon are normal types and you have just one legendary type, you could probably dominate the rest of the game by just using your legendary , leaving out the rest of your Pokemon, making it sort-of un-fair and boring, thats why most of us doing use our legendary Pokemon in the game, only for Competitive battling.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I need an answer from a more experienced player than myself: What is your opinion on having a Legendary Pokemon on an in-game team?
    Well it depends, if your using like Uxie, Azelf or Moltres that would be okay as they aren't too overpowered but something like Palkia or Rayquaza just ruins the fun cause they just massacre everything x]

Years
  • Could a Smeargle get good use from having BELLY DRUM and SUCKER PUNCH on the same moveset?

If so, what would the full four moveslots be filled with?

What would be the EV spread?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Smeargle is much better suited for passing said Belly Drum boosts instead of using them himself, as it has rather pathetic base 20 attack. I mean, even with maxed out attack stat, Sucker Punch won't be doing much due to lack of STAB. There's Extremespeed, but once again, his frailty is going to come into play. Not to mention, he absolutely needs Spore, and to some extent, Substitute, leaving you with only two attacking options. Better off just passing the boosts with this set:

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
    Jolly
    244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
    - Spore
    - Belly Drum
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass

Send it out against something slower and substitute. Then Spore and Belly Drum from there, which activates your Salac for the speed boost. Then you pass to your preferred sweeper and mash some heads ;D

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Could a Smeargle get good use from having BELLY DRUM and SUCKER PUNCH on the same moveset?

No, not really. Even with a Life Orb or (lol) Expert Belt, Sucker Punch will hardly to anything due to being STABless and not having an incredibly high BP. After a Belly Drum (assuming you aren't killed), you have to worry about being outsped and useless. If you noticed the only non-Normal direct damage moves on Smeargle's sets, Dragon Rage and U-Turn, are not for sweeping purposes.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I need an answer from a more experienced player than myself: What is your opinion on having a Legendary Pokemon on an in-game team?

Remember, competitive movesets/teams only! NO INGAME TEAMS/SETS PLEASE.

^

>:

Could a Smeargle get good use from having BELLY DRUM and SUCKER PUNCH on the same moveset?

How about dont use Smeargle like that lol. If you want a Belly Drumming sweeping normal type, use Linoone who does the Belly Drum + priority thing a whole lot better.

Use the set Aura provided although the (Anti) lead Smeargle set is decent too which will be provided on request if you want an alternative, but it doesnt include Belly Drum so yeah. xp

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Which is a better choice to play as tank/buly special-sweeper: Zapdos or Arcticuno?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Zapdos makes a better tank despite his lower defences. No 4x SR weakness and less weaknesses to common moves make him a better tank.

As for a special sweeper Zapdos is superior, better SpAtk and Speed ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back