• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
  • I was just about to suggest that. xD Although I'd honestly replace Pikachu with something like Magnezone or some other electric type that doesn't suck. xD

It's not that difficult to re-breed, especially if you plan to catch other pokemon anyway.

EDIT: Don't do Magnezone, then you have a Fire weakness. Replace Pikachu with Zapdos (if you can).

hehe, my alakasam fortold the future with future sight, could i have a special luxray set please

gggrrrr i cant get a DAMN bold ditto to make my slowbro

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • To get leftovers: Munchlax carries it occasionally when caught, or you could get it in the BF for some amount of BP. >.< Don't know how much. Or you could go to the trade thread and ask for one. :/

To get Wood Hammer: Take your Torterra to the move re-learner guy (not really sure what he wants or where he lives) and then the move should be there. I'll edit in a sec with his location and price. ;D

He resides in Pastoria, and he requires a Heart Scale (can be dug up in the Underground) to relearn a move.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No ingame things please. Read the rules before posting. Also you are in the wrong sticky, use "Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread" for pokemon please.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • No ingame things please. Read the rules before posting. Also you are in the wrong sticky, use "Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread" for pokemon please.

Wow, I can't believe I overlooked that. >.< I thought this was the Individual Moveset thread...my bad. Well I think I saved myself with explaining how to get leftovers/Wood Hammer, right? xD

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
  • EV Help.

I have recently read the guides and how to EV train, i already had a brief understanding, but it can't hurt to re-cap right?

However, there are still issues i just can't grasp.
    First and foremost,
    When training to level 50 what is the maximum number of EV's i can have?

Secondly,
    If i have a team of level 20~ pokemon, I want to train them to level 50 with maximum EV's, do i need to start again from level 1?

Thirdly,
    Is there any sure fire way of calculating how many EV's your pokemon currently has?

Fourthly(is that even a word? :P)
    Whilst EV training, do you have to kill solely the pokemon that gains you the correct EV's to level up? or can you kill the necessary amount and then train on whatever you can find? For example, i'm after speed EV's so would training against nothing more than Manectric be more beneficial than training against X# manectric and then random pokemon to gain the level up exp?

Fithly(ok these definately aren't words now.) and Finally,
    Could someone give me a brief description on how they would go about EV training an umbreon for speed. Like a level by level guide (up til level 50)

Ok, so i know i'm asking for a LOT here, and i really, really REALLY will appreciate your practically essays of an answer, so anyone who can help me out here, will not only be in my 'good books' I guess you'll be entitled to a favour from me anytime.

Mucho Appreciendo
    -Crash.

Years
  • I have recently read the guides and how to EV train, i already had a brief understanding, but it can't hurt to re-cap right?

However, there are still issues i just can't grasp.
    First and foremost,
    When training to level 50 what is the maximum number of EV's i can have?

Secondly,
    If i have a team of level 20~ pokemon, I want to train them to level 50 with maximum EV's, do i need to start again from level 1?

Thirdly,
    Is there any sure fire way of calculating how many EV's your pokemon currently has?

Fourthly(is that even a word? :P)
    Whilst EV training, do you have to kill solely the pokemon that gains you the correct EV's to level up? or can you kill the necessary amount and then train on whatever you can find? For example, i'm after speed EV's so would training against nothing more than Manectric be more beneficial than training against X# manectric and then random pokemon to gain the level up exp?

Fithly(ok these definately aren't words now.) and Finally,
    Could someone give me a brief description on how they would go about EV training an umbreon for speed. Like a level by level guide (up til level 50)

Ok, so i know i'm asking for a LOT here, and i really, really REALLY will appreciate your practically essays of an answer, so anyone who can help me out here, will not only be in my 'good books' I guess you'll be entitled to a favour from me anytime.

Mucho Appreciendo
    -Crash.

1. Any given Pokemon can only have a total of 255 EVs in a single stat and 510 total.
    2. That depends. Did they battle beforehand? If they did, then you might want to since they may have undesired EVs. An alternate option would be to use the EV reducing berries (Pomeg-Tamato) to reduce all their EVs back to 0.
    3. Well, technically yes, but you have to know your Pokemon's IVs (Individual Values) as well. Otherwise, you'll have to keep track of them yourself some other way (pencil and paper, memory, etc.).
    4. Since every Pokemon gives some number of EVs, you can't just battle random Pokemon to level up until you finished EV training completely i.e. get all 510 EVs (which you can confirm by getting the Effort Ribbon in Sunyshore City).
    5. You don't EV train evenly throughout levels. Instead, it's just easier to just distribute the 510 EVs in the stats you want in the earlier levels and not worry about them later.

Does this help?

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
  • 1. Any given Pokemon can only have a total of 255 EVs in a single stat and 510 total.
    2. That depends. Did they battle beforehand? If they did, then you might want to since they may have undesired EVs. An alternate option would be to use the EV reducing berries (Pomeg-Tamato) to reduce all their EVs back to 0.
    3. Well, technically yes, but you have to know your Pokemon's IVs (Individual Values) as well. Otherwise, you'll have to keep track of them yourself some other way (pencil and paper, memory, etc.).
    4. Since every Pokemon gives some number of EVs, you can't just battle random Pokemon to level up until you finished EV training completely i.e. get all 510 EVs (which you can confirm by getting the Effort Ribbon in Sunyshore City).
    5. You don't EV train evenly throughout levels. Instead, it's just easier to just distribute the 510 EVs in the stats you want in the earlier levels and not worry about them later.

Does this help?

I'm at a loss here. My apologies as what your saying probably makes sense, but i can't make heads or tails of it atm, i'll re-glance at it tommorow and hope it goes in.
    Really appreciate the help, you are now entitled to one favour ;D!

Also
    thanks for the move, thought it was too lengthy for this personally, however, i was wrong thanks.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • I might re breed my team but I thought why not have a change and start a new Team from scratch, thanks all Ill prob post more where when i need more advice

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Can someone explain the hype behind Tyraniboah? I'm not getting the Substitute+Focus Punch combo and reckon there are much better SpA sweepers out there.

kthnx =]

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Can someone explain the hype behind Tyraniboah? I'm not getting the Substitute+Focus Punch combo and reckon there are much better SpA sweepers out there.

kthnx =]

I wouldn't call it "hype" , but Boah is a legitimate strategy.

Tyranitar often forces a lot of switches after it comes in, so Boah takes advantage of that fact by setting up a substitute. From there, you can hopefully deal with whatever switches in by firing off a Focus Punch or one of your special attacks. Basically, Boah eases prediction and tries to take advantage of common switchins (bulky grounds/steels) to Tyranitar's more popular physical sets.

And Subpunching is a relativel common strategy. Since Focus Punch hits only when you don't take damage from an upcoming attack, setting up a substitute makes it a much easier move to use, since your opponent has to break your sub whilst you attack.

reecestevenson

Shadows
    Years
  • Poliwhirl help

I have a Poliwhirl as my water pokemon at the moment and I need to know is better to train it up to a good level first or evolve it first? Also what is a good move set for it?

thanks

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • I have a Poliwhirl as my water pokemon at the moment and I need to know is better to train it up to a good level first or evolve it first? Also what is a good move set for it?

thanks

it does not matter when you evolve it, if you have 2 poliwhirl, both with 31 IV's in every thing(not liikely) and they both have careful nature and they both have uuuhhh lets say 252hp/252def and 4 sp.def
    EVS, if you evolve one at level 20 and you train it to level 50, and you evolve the second at level 50, they will both have the same stats

oh it depends who your gonna evolve it into poliwrath or toad

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Alrighty, I have an Empoleon which I'm about to re-EV train - any thoughts on whether this will be worthwhile?

Empoleon - Timid
    Probably some Berry/ Leftovers attached...

- Surf (May switch to Hydro Pump for later)
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Stealth Rock/ Any other TM/level/ Pt Move tutor *
    *No Agility/Sleep Talk/HP for now =(

I'm considering: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe - I'm not a big fan of the defensive spread & would rather just be hitting with a decent amount of damage.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Alrighty, I have an Empoleon which I'm about to re-EV train - any thoughts on whether this will be worthwhile?

Empoleon - Timid
    Probably some Berry/ Leftovers attached...

- Surf (May switch to Hydro Pump for later)
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Stealth Rock/ Any other TM/level/ Pt Move tutor *
    *No Agility/Sleep Talk/HP for now =(

I'm considering: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe - I'm not a big fan of the defensive spread & would rather just be hitting with a decent amount of damage.

you should have agility on the last slot to let empoleon sweep, its a must have on the damaging spread

reecestevenson

Shadows
    Years
  • Poliwhirl moveset

My poliwag just evolved into a poliwhirl and it has a naive nature I was just wondering what EV's should I train it in?

And could anyone give me a good moveset for this pokemon.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back