• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    My poliwag just evolved into a poliwhirl and it has a naive nature I was just wondering what EV's should I train it in?

And could anyone give me a good moveset for this pokemon.

Thanks
    Well with Naive you might as well run a SubPunch set, defensive set won't work as well with a Naive nature(though since it's meant for walling physical attacks you still could try I guess).

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    EV : 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    -Focus Punch
    -Substitute
    -Ice Punch
    -Brick Break / Waterfall

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Alrighty, I have an Empoleon which I'm about to re-EV train - any thoughts on whether this will be worthwhile?

Empoleon - Timid
    Probably some Berry/ Leftovers attached...

- Surf (May switch to Hydro Pump for later)
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Stealth Rock/ Any other TM/level/ Pt Move tutor *
    *No Agility/Sleep Talk/HP for now =(

I'm considering: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe - I'm not a big fan of the defensive spread & would rather just be hitting with a decent amount of damage.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/empoleon

Really depends on what role you want if for.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I have A Naughty Houndoom and want to Ev train It. I was thinking about mixed sweeper but more on the physical side so could someone help me with a set please.

Thanks in Advance

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have A Naughty Houndoom and want to Ev train It. I was thinking about mixed sweeper but more on the physical side so could someone help me with a set please.

Thanks in Advance
    Spr_4p_229_m.png
    @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Naughty
    EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Speed
    - Overheat
    - Crunch / Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Thunder Fang

With Pursuit, this set is pretty cool for eliminating Ghost-types for Rapid Spinners. Overheat for STAB, Crunch for hitting Rotom, Slowbro, and other Fire-types, Pursuit for trapping Ghost-, Dark-, and Psychic-types, and Thunder Fang to hit bulky waters. 180 Speed EVs allow you to outrun Adamant Toxicroak. Sucker Punch can be used to OHKO Dugtrio.

Years
  • O.K,

I need the best moveset for my Osaku Meowth.

I don't want to evolve it, so make the moveset for a Meowth.

and I can't have any Egg moves.

Plus, what stats should I E.V train on?

Please P.M me the moveset.

Thanks!

P.S,

It's Jolly and at level 10.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    O.K,

I need the best moveset for my Osaku Meowth.

I don't want to evolve it, so make the moveset for a Meowth.

and I can't have any Egg moves.

Plus, what stats should I E.V train on?

Please P.M me the moveset.

Thanks!

P.S,

It's Jolly and at level 10.
    The Free Hits set would work good with that Meowth. It works as a decent lead as well =)

Persian @ Life Orb
    Nature : Jolly
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Fake Out
    - U-Turn
    - Taunt
    - Return / Bite

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Hey can anyone get me a moveset for breloom and a spinda
    Breloom @ Poison Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    EV : 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
    -Spore
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Seed Bomb

^Sleep something, set up a Sub and start Focus-Punching.

Spinda sucks, I really don't think you should use it. The only set that would work in my opinion is TrickScarf.

Spinda @ Choice Scarf
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Trick
    -Hypnosis
    -Sucker Punch
    -Double-Edge

Sleep something, trick something and maybe attack. You only get 328 Speed with this though =(

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Breloom @ Poison Orb
    EV : 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
    -Spore
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Seed Bomb

^Sleep something, set up a Sub and start Focus-Punching.

As an alternative to get better coverage with this set, run Stone Edge over Seed Bomb so Mence and Gengar don't switch in for free on this set.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Hey I gave my Bronzong the PokeRus to help it's EV training but being the idiot I am I used it in the Battle Tower, left it out of the PC for too long and the PokeRus has worn off as evidenced by the smiley face icon instead of the purple PKRS box.

So now Bronzong won't get the double EV's right?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    The EV doubling effects of Pokerus NEVER wear off. It just loses the ability to spread it to other Pokemon is all.

Thanks *phew* that's a relief.

I do have a back-up Spinda in the PC saved for spreading the virus further so I'm not worried about that.

Edit:
    How come when I was EV trainging my Manaphy I gave it 252 SpA and 252 Speed but on level up it gained +16 Speed but only like +4 SpA?

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Why is it better to run Timid natrure on Alakazam instead of Modest? With Modest he can achieve 405 Special Attack, which paired with Life Orb or Choice Specs is devastating.

With a 120 Base Speed stat I don't think many things are going to be outspeeding Zam save for Electrode and Jolteon which aren't very common anyway.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Why is it better to run Timid natrure on Alakazam instead of Modest? With Modest he can achieve 405 Special Attack, which paired with Life Orb or Choice Specs is devastating.

With a 120 Base Speed stat I don't think many things are going to be outspeeding Zam save for Electrode and Jolteon which aren't very common anyway.
    I would say it's crucial to run Timid. Simply because otherwise he can't outspeed +Spe Latias, Gengar and plus anything with a +Spe nature base 110 and Latias and Gengar can both smack him for a OHKO. Also he'll be slower then stuff like SD Ape, Specs Starmie and other Alakazam. It's really important for him to run Spe, 369 Special Attack + LO/Specs is still very scary though ;D

Here are some stats to help.

| Latias | Nature | Timid | 74.8 |
    | Latias | Nature | Modest | 19.6 |
    Basically all Latias run Timid.

| Gengar | Nature | Timid | 61.5 |
    | Gengar | Nature | Modest | 18.8 |
    | Gengar | Nature | Hasty | 12.8 |
    The majority of Gengar run a +Spe nature.

| Alakazam | Nature | Timid | 70.8 |
    | Alakazam | Nature | Modest | 20.3 |
    Basically all Alakazam run Timid.

So it comes down to a clash between these you usually want to go first so you can OHKO Latias/Gengar before they OHKO you.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday

You outrun:

• Timid Mismagius
    • Jolly Scarf Machamp
    • Jolly Scarf Ursaring
    • Naive Infernape (with max Speed EVs)
    • Adamant Swellow
    • Adamant Weavile
    • Timid Espeon
    • Timid Tauros
    • Timid Gengar
    • Timid Latias
    • Timid Purugly
    • Adamant Scarf Breloom
    • Adamant Scarf Metagross
    • Adamant Aerodactyl
    • Adamant/Modest Crobat
    • Modest Jolteon
    • Timid Ambipom
    • Naive/Timid Azelf
    • Timid Raikou
    • Timid Starmie

Of course, not all of them are common, but the bolded ones are.

Edit: Mean old Pokedra.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • You outrun:

• Timid Mismagius
    • Jolly Scarf Machamp
    • Jolly Scarf Ursaring
    • Naive Infernape (with max Speed EVs)
    • Adamant Swellow
    • Adamant Weavile
    • Timid Espeon
    • Timid Tauros
    • Timid Gengar
    • Timid Latias
    • Timid Purugly
    • Adamant Scarf Breloom
    • Adamant Scarf Metagross
    • Adamant Aerodactyl
    • Adamant/Modest Crobat
    • Modest Jolteon
    • Timid Ambipom
    • Naive/Timid Azelf
    • Timid Raikou
    • Timid Starmie
    Of course, not all of them are common, but the bolded ones are.

Edit: Mean old Pokedra.

you do know that machamp and ursaring have base 55 speed, dont you. most of them arnt threats any way.is focus sash a good item for ZAM

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    you do know that machamp and ursaring have base 55 speed, dont you. most of them arnt threats any way.is focus sash a good item for ZAM

Umm notice he said scarfed. Also yes they are all threats within their own rights.

No focus sash is an awful item on zam, infact on anything bar leads. SR, SS etc lol at it.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • I'm trying to make an OU stall team because its something I've never done, this is how far I've got at the moment:

• Swampert
    (Stealth Rock…)
    • Skarmory
    (Brave Bird, Roost, Spikes, Whirlwind)
    • Forretress
    (Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Explosion…)
    • Porygon2
    (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Thunderwave, Recover)

I really don't know where to go from here, an Infernape with Grass Knot kills the entire team at the moment, which is an issue. I suppose I could shove a Blissey in there but people love to so smugly say, 'Blissey is set up fodder' so to avoid that chant as much as anything else shes not there.

To counter Infernape I thought of maybe a Gengar, but then that isn't very stally is it. Essentially its me slipping back into my all-sweeper mindset.

What do you think my other two Pokémon should be? What do you think of the movesets? What would you add to the incomplete movesets? Thanks for any and all help. :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm trying to make an OU stall team because its something I've never done, this is how far I've got at the moment:

• Swampert
    (Stealth Rock…)
    • Skarmory
    (Brave Bird, Roost, Spikes, Whirlwind)
    • Forretress
    (Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Explosion…)
    • Porygon2
    (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Thunderwave, Recover)

I really don't know where to go from here, an Infernape with Grass Knot kills the entire team at the moment, which is an issue. I suppose I could shove a Blissey in there but people love to so smugly say, 'Blissey is set up fodder' so to avoid that chant as much as anything else shes not there.

To counter Infernape I thought of maybe a Gengar, but then that isn't very stally is it. Essentially its me slipping back into my all-sweeper mindset.

What do you think my other two Pokémon should be? What do you think of the movesets? What would you add to the incomplete movesets? Thanks for any and all help. :)

You need a spin blocker and wish support. One of the Rotom Formes, Spiritomb or Mismagius could work here. Mismagius can also help pseudo-haze with Perish Song. There are plenty of options for wish support, but you should pick something to help with your Infernape weak. Latias usually walls Infernape cold, resisting Close Combat, any fire attack and Grass Knot. Vaporeon can usually deal with Infernape as well. Then pick something for spin blocking and you're good to go ;D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back