• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram or Zekrom?

Which is your favourite?

• Total voters

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I like them both, but I prefer Zekrom just a bit more. That generator tail looks awesome, plus I like Electric Pokemon a bit more than Fire. Dragon/Fire seems like such an obvious combo, even though they hadn't done it yet.

However, if Kyurem's alternate form is awesome enough it may well take top spot for me. Either way, this may well be my favorite legendary trio.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    Reshiram i liked, its more mystic-looking, plus i loved its cry. Zekrom seemed like it was made by artificial means(no offense to Zekrom lovers at all).

by the way: where does Kyurem come from?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love both. :( Well, on the title screen, Zekrom looks best, but as a whole, Reshiram has the best design/typing. And my primary game is White, so I'll probably get more exposure to Reshiram cause I'll keep replaying Black. :( So I dunno, it's even! Going to add a poll, too :3

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Reshiram wins for me and I got Black like I wanted. But I still intend on getting myself an Adamant Zekrom!

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I can understand boys prefering Zekrom because it's masculine.

(Kyurem is from the Giant Chasm)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Reshiram. :]
    I usually go based on a frilly girly appearance, and Reshiram fits perfectly.

gatomon810

Gary's wife
    Years
    My fav is Reshiram,Idk why I don't realy like hard core looking pokemon,I like the cuter pokemon,and Zekrom is kinda......hard core I guess is the best way I can fraze it.And Ik RESHIRAM IS NOT CUTE I DON'T THINK IT IS!But I think Zekrom is the complete opisit.BUT don't get me wrong,I like them both,but my favorite is Reshiram

DarkraiDaviz

Darkrai Master
    Years
    RESHIRAM FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod note: Seems like you're bypassing 25 characters - next time just add more content to your post instead of a lot of exclamation marks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    I can say that I like both visual appearances equally, and that I have some sort of dragon pokemon obsession. However, I usually go with more special attack/defense-based pokemon. Therefore, I prefer Reshiram over Zekrom, though I can't help but admit that Zekrom's types(dragon/electric) are very unique.

But which I prefer is a subject to change.

In other terms...
    Reshiram= Godly dragon
    Zekrom= Godly dragon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    Reshiram all the way. I got White and my boyfriend got Black but when we meet the Zekrom and Reshiham we're just gonna trade right away. :D hehehehehehehehe

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I'm a bigger fan of electric types than I am of fire so that's one of the main reasons I pick Zekrom. Plus I like using tough looking Pokemon that have the stats or abilities to back it up and Zekrom just appeals more to me in that sense than Reshiram.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I love Zekrom because he's so awesome. That's all. Really. I didn't really care for the other one.

XXIII

isn't really here.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    <3 Zekrom. It seems like people are hatin' on Zekrom a lot. I'm glad to see a few supporters in this thread.

Years
    It's funny how Reshiram is the Yin counterpart and Zekrom being the Yang, since Yin is actually the more masculine of the two, and Reshiram has a lady-like air. Yang is more feminine than Yin, and Zekrom ironically represents Yang, pretty funny if you ask me.

Anyway, I choose neither. Kyurem is where it's at, baby. Kyurem represents Wuji, and empty circle, even more symbolic to what place it holds in the Unova mythos.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Reshiram all the way. I got White and my boyfriend got Black but when we meet the Zekrom and Reshiham we're just gonna trade right away. :D hehehehehehehehe

Lol this. I don't care what legendary I have since I don't use them, and he really wanted Zekrom, so we're trading. That way I have both in my Pokedex, and he has the one he wants.

Back