• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resource requests

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Gen 6 Font

So I did some research and it turns out that the font used in X/Y is Rodin. But the problem is, you have to buy a license from the Japanese company Fontworks in order to use it. I just need it for a fangame, not anything else... are there any similar fonts to Rodin around?

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • Can you someone give the OW of the HGSS Hero (even while fishing etc) please ?
    It would be awesome!
    If possible if you have some hero sprites, OW, etc...free to use I would like to have some, of course I'll give credits ! The same goes for an Original team ^^

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I know that they use MP3's, but how do you find the MIDIs? Does anyone have a link from floatzel.net for the Pokemon X and Y MIDI files?
    These games stop using midi files internally
    As far as I know, floatzel.net extract and convert game midi files.

Can you someone give the OW of the HGSS Hero (even while fishing etc) please ?
    It would be awesome!
    If possible if you have some hero sprites, OW, etc...free to use I would like to have some, of course I'll give credits ! The same goes for an Original team ^^
    Just don't have bicycle and similar sprites.

Years
  • That link has a lot of OW sprites unfortunately the hero in bycicle sprite doesn't have the bicycle but I can try to add it since I have a sheet for doing the HG/SS sprites. However, aren't there any OW sprites for both heros of HG/SS for running at least. I need them and the other 2 which are fishing and fishing while surfing if possible..

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That link has a lot of OW sprites unfortunately the hero in bycicle sprite doesn't have the bicycle but I can try to add it since I have a sheet for doing the HG/SS sprites. However, aren't there any OW sprites for both heros of HG/SS for running at least. I need them and the other 2 which are fishing and fishing while surfing if possible..

Male OW HGSS
    Female OW HGSS
    You still need to format the sheet into the format you need.

Years
  • Can anyone link me to a PKMN tileset that allows commercial use?

I don't think there is any but in any case I think it would be a wrong choice to make a pokemon game for commercial use since most of them are free. Unless you want to create a game that is like Pokemon games like the ones you see out there on the playstore (ex: Evocreo if you have heard of it) than that's fine but you will have to use custom tilesets.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    I don't think there is any but in any case I think it would be a wrong choice to make a pokemon game for commercial use since most of them are free. Unless you want to create a game that is like Pokemon games like the ones you see out there on the playstore (ex: Evocreo if you have heard of it) than that's fine but you will have to use custom tilesets.
    Yes, I want to make something like Evocreo(but the game is completely free and I am considering making it open-source, but minor banner ads will be added to turn it online etc. etc.), but my team is made of level designers and 2-3graphic designers. I do the most work and it is going to take long to have everything ready, I just want to make a side project with premade ressources.

Well, still looking for a tileset that allows commercial use. Please send a link when found :)

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • I already got those sheets but if I resize the characters they loose the quality. So that's why I haven't used it.

You have to resize them by an exact factor of two if you want the quality to stay the same. I'd recommend resizing the entire sheet first, rather than each of the individual characters. If you use GIMP, then make sure that Interpolation is set to none.

Yes, I want to make something like Evocreo(but the game is completely free and I am considering making it open-source, but minor banner ads will be added to turn it online etc. etc.), but my team is made of level designers and 2-3 graphic designers. I do the most work and it is going to take long to have everything ready, I just want to make a side project with premade ressources.

Well, still looking for a tileset that allows commercial use. Please send a link when found :)

Yeah, if you're going to be making any money off of this whatsoever, then I'd recommend not using Pokemon Tilesets. I'd recommend that you make your own tilesets, or find some non-Pokemon tilesets that are for commercial use.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    I never said that I wanted to use Pokemon tileset, just a legal fan-made one from scratch that allows commercial ise. Not sure why you are repeating what I say :/

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • I never said that I wanted to use Pokemon tileset, just a legal fan-made one from scratch that allows commercial ise. Not sure why you are repeating what I say :/

You never said that you wanted to use a Pokemon tileset? This earlier post certainly made it seem that way:

Can anyone link me to a PKMN tileset that allows commercial use?

And I'm not repeating what you say. You're not being all that clear on what you're looking for. You say that you're looking for a legal, fan-made tileset, made from scratch. I assume that you mean a custom tileset made in the style of Pokemon tiles, but not using ripped tiles?

Years
  • You have to resize them by an exact factor of two if you want the quality to stay the same. I'd recommend resizing the entire sheet first, rather than each of the individual characters. If you use GIMP, then make sure that Interpolation is set to none.
    Thanks again man maybe I'l also use this on the backs of the heros when throwing the ball since they still look small.
    This is what I got although for some reason it seems a little weird when I play it.
    Resource requests

Attachments

• Resource requests
      boy_run.png
      4.3 KB · Views: 186
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    A Pokemon tileset for commercial use needs to be made from scratch without using ripped tiles. Or else my post wouldnt make sense.
    I assume that you mean a custom tileset made in the style of Pokemon tiles, but not using ripped tiles?
    Exactly, but that allows to use it for a commercial product :)

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • A Pokemon tileset for commercial use needs to be made from scratch without using ripped tiles. Or else my post wouldn't make sense.

Exactly, but that allows to use it for a commercial product :)

Your post didn't make sense. You never actually specified that you were looking for a made-from-scratch tileset until just now. While it could've been assumed that that's what you were looking for, you should be so much more clear when explaining what you're looking for.

That being said, I'd still say that you're probably looking in the wrong place. Most people who have made an entire custom tileset probably keep them for their own private use and even if they made it public wouldn't want you to make money of their work, unless they themselves get some form of payment from it.

And as for Pokemon Tilesets, it's highly unwise to use them in a commercial way. Even if it's made from scratch, it'll probably still have Pokemon related tiles, such as Pokeballs and Pokemon Centers. Now, if you were able to obtain a custom tileset with the appropriate permissions, you could just change or remove those tiles and it might be alright to use. But that's a might.

But I would still say that if you are looking for resources for a commercial project, or a project that will earn you money in any way, shape, or form, you'd probably be better off looking elsewhere. The majority of games here are Pokemon fan-games, so a majority of the resources aren't commercial. I'm sure there are plenty of other places out there where you can look for commercial resources, and some of them might come close to emulating the Pokemon style. You might even want to look into making your own tileset.

Years
  • Where can I find some modern day living room maps for RPG Maker VX Ace?

Are you asking for a tileset like from Pokemon 5th gen or so? Because you just said a modern day tileset considering that this is for asking for Pokemon resources. In any case you should be more specific and you can also check out the resources page in Pokecommunity and there are a lot of people that do tilesets for Pokemon at DeviantArt.

Years
  • Guys I'm looking for the trainers for Pokemon 4th gen and it's not the OW sprites but the trainers that appear when you battle them. Oh and if possible I'm looking for the already made ones not like the one at the spriters resource where I'd have to do all the work of separating each of the sprites, I think I've saw them somewhere but I can't get to get them. (I'm especially looking for the roughneck guy.)

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • Guys I'm looking for the trainers for Pokemon 4th gen and it's not the OW sprites but the trainers that appear when you battle them. Oh and if possible I'm looking for the already made ones not like the one at the spriters resource where I'd have to do all the work of separating each of the sprites, I think I've saw them somewhere but I can't get to get them. (I'm especially looking for the roughneck guy.)

(broken link removed)

Here. This one has a lot that should be ready to use. Might not have the roughneck, but there's still a lot in there.

Back