• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] How long does it take you to EV train??

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    EV Training is super easy and quick. Although learning and understanding about it took a while. IV training took a week for me to figure out including everstone trick, slugma, and calculator/etc. Plus IV breeding takes days for perf IVs. So people stop showing off your EVed pokemon because a Perf IVed/EVed pokemon will own a EVed pokemon. Plus EV training fairly takes not too much effort if you have PKRS, Power items and Vitamins not really so pro but the effects of EV training is great but adding the IV breeding makes it x4 greater!

skrull

Clonning Overlord
    Years
    well i have a small understanding on what to do but yet i feel i am doing it wrong, and since it takes everyone else an hour to do I know I am doing it wrong. Who wants to help? ^.^

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    well i have a small understanding on what to do but yet i feel i am doing it wrong, and since it takes everyone else an hour to do I know I am doing it wrong. Who wants to help? ^.^

Whats the problem you think you are having? Plus do you have vitamins, Pokerus and Power items? If not then that should bet the problem. If not then explain.

skrull

Clonning Overlord
    Years
    oh I have the vitamins lots and lots of them, but I like to train my pokemn from lv one so i can fix more of there stuff, but when I kill say a wopper when my pokemon lvs up there is no awsomeness in the staits it recieves

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Wait not to be rude but I revived a trading thread and it was locked by a mod because they said you are not allowed to revive threads so doesn't that mean this one should be locked?

oh I have the vitamins lots and lots of them, but I like to train my pokemn from lv one so i can fix more of there stuff, but when I kill say a wopper when my pokemon lvs up there is no awsomeness in the staits it recieves

Lol??? Okay um I made this post and I think you should read it. It will help you in every question you have in EV Training. Well maybe not every but mostly.

Never heard of EVs? I'm guessing you never heard of IVs either. Both IVs and EVs can make any pokemon deadly. Nature determines the stats of pokemon which mean it raises 10 percent of a stat and negates 10 percent of this one. For example: The brave Nature raises Attack by 10 percent but negates Speed by 10 percent. All the other stats have the 10 Percent boost but then the 10 percent loss in the other stat that the nature is supposed to negate. Again Nature is a huge big deal in EV training and IV breeding. Use this link for natures and builds: https://www.smogon.com/dp/natures/
    Now I'm not going to tell you IVs since you only asked for EVs.

So EV training which stand for Effort Value. Every single pokemon and I mean every single one has 510 EVs. Use all of them up then you reached the EV limit. How do you use EV points? Well first you need a plan. EVs techinically lets you have control of your stats so if you train at Elite Four all your stats get mixed up. Also you only can use 255 EVs for each stat but only 2 types of stats max because you only can have 510 EVs Max. Yes you can split your EVs up For example: Hohoo I want to have HP and attack and maybe some defence. So you can split your EVs into 100 EV pts into health and 145 pts into attack and 10 EV pts into defence and the leftover EVs just do what the heck the build says. You can split your EVs into how many you want to, it is up to YOU or the Build. Example 2: Here is a random stat build I got from Smogon and this is how they seperated it: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Okay so 4 EV pts into HP and 252 into Attack and 252 into speed which turn out to be 508 EV points. Cool!

Now you are probably asking hmmm that is 508 where is the other 2 pts? Do I know. Nah but everyone tells me if you do it this way your EVs will be precise and will be a hell of a lot better than going all 510s.

How do you get EV points? Well you receive EV points by killing certain types of pokemon. Say like you want HP EVs then you kill Bidoofs except they give out 1 EV point for health from each one you kill, Kill 3 more or total of 4 bidoofs equal up to 4 EV Pts then that counts as 1 stat point (Which means 1 EV pt does not count as 1 stat point, it only counts as 1 EV point but 4 EV points count as 1 stat point.) Want attack? Kill a Machop they give off 1 EV point for Attack each and etc. Use this to find out which pokemons have what EVs: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/attack.shtml (And don't be a newb and scroll above and you should see HP, Attack, Defence, Special Attack, Special Defence and Speed above and click those to see those pokemons with those EVs.) (Preferably you should start EV training at Lvl.1 or breed, because again you have more control of the EVs and know the history of its EVs and will be gauranteed of full 510 EVs)

The process seems long, No Problem! Try using power items and Pokerus and Vitamins. Vitamins we always thought just made your stats go up? Well now you know EVs. For each vitamins you feed to your pokemon it gives out 10 EV Points. So feed 10 HP UPs then you have 100 EV points in HP and feed 10 Carbos again 100 Speed and etc. WOW that just made your life a whole lot easier. You can use up to 10 vitamins max for each stat (Try feeding 11 Vitamins? Hah nice try like I said 10 vitamins max for each stat and try feeding 11 it will not let you.) Now, wtf is Pokerus huh? Well Pokerus is a really rare disease your pokemon gets, but somehow it doubles the amount of EVs So I'd call it like your friend in EV training and it does not do ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING Bad to your stats or to your pokemon it only makes EV training faster, that is all. EV training faster Period! So again Kill Bidoof he gives off 1 EV point well coolio you get 2 instead because of your friend Pokerus which is initialed PKRS. And power items give a +2 boost in EVs. So 4 EV points when you kill a bidoof. Here are the power item names: Power Weight, Power Bracer, Power Band, Power Lens, Power Belt and Power Anklet. They are not too rare, in fact you can just get them at the rewards store in the Battle Park and exchange it for Battle Points: 16BPs for each. Now Pokerus you think you'll never get it? Well you will eventually but best of all. Its Pokecommunity. Lots of generous people here that are willing to lend their pokerus Pokemon to you! Now here are which power items help with which EVs: Power Weight = HP, Power Bracer = Attack, Power Belt = Defence, Power Lens = Special Attack, Power Band = Special Defence and finally Power Anklet = Speed. Okay I'm done right? No once you finish EV training you rape it with rare candies which I recommend you hack 999 for yourself with action replay IF you have friends at school. Other than that if you don't then you trade your pokemon to a friend online at pokecommunity and kindly ask him to.

Now here are a couple of warnings. When you start EV training I'd suggest you save each time you finish a stat you are supposed to raise. If you mess up either you start all over or there is no turning back. Also Pokerus. It wears off in 24 hours I believe or if you heal the pokemon. So if you healed that guys bidoof with PKRS because of your newbness and he lent it to you then he might be pretty pissed if that was his only pokemon with PKRS. So be extra careful. Also when PKRS heals don't freak. The Double EV effect from Pokerus Stays with your pokemon FOREVER! That is all I know about EVs and I think that is all the important thing anyone needs to know about EVs. Make sure you use those links I gave you because they are extremely helpful and a whole lot better than spending all day asking what pokemon gives HP and what nature is this and then wasting your time on waiting for an answer. Goodluck and have fun EV training. P.S: If you have power items, Vitamins and PKRS and know what you are doing, EV training should take 45 minutes or less. (That much time is not too bad, back in the day it used to be like 3 days or maybe even more.)

Last edited:
    Back