• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] Kanto & Hoenn Starters: Which will you choose?

OceanBluue

Water Pokemon Lover
    Years
    i've always had this attraction to water pokemon. ALWAYS. i've only ever once gotten something other than water and that was in sapphire when i got treecko.

Although i though torchic always looked sorta cool ...

So most likely
    Totodile
    Squirtle
    Torchic

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i got cyndaquill which is now a typhlosion and is an important member of my party. (y) in ruby i always liked grovyle and sceptile so i probs would get treecko... I'll probably choose bulbasaur or charmander. I've got all of them already so im not too fussed XD

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    I had it all planned out,

Chikorita
    Bulbasaur
    Mudkip
    Piplup

but i might go all Grass or all water. i hate fire ever since i started red with Charmander....i was young and stupid....

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Most likely Chikorita. I want a challenge. I also want my rival not to have Feraligatr, as it makes Lance+Claire's battle too easy. So that fills all my criteria.

Years
    Cyndaquil,Then im picking Charmander and I just breeded a squirtle and bulbasaur in my diamond specifically for HG and then im Migrating my Treecko from emerald and picking Mudkip and I couldnt care less about Torchic

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I am taking Totodile as my starter so I think I'll take Charmander and Treecko.

Captain Gordon

Defender of Earth
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    I'm going to get Squirtle and Treecko, although it doesn't really matter because I already have every starter.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    My Johto starter was Totodile and my Kanto starter was Bulbasaur back in Red, so I'll use him, but for Hoenn, I'm not so sure. I started off with Mudkip in Sapphire, but I've already got one water starter and it seems a bit of a dull choice if I use another water starter and not have a fire one.

So, it's probably going to be:

Johto - Totodile
    Kanto - Bulbasaur
    Hoenn - Mudkip or Torchic

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Oh, wow, I didn't know about that! I guess I'll pick Squirtle and Torchic, as those are my favorites. :3

Back