• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] Kanto & Hoenn Starters: Which will you choose?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I picked Squirtle and Treeko so that I would have a starter of each type.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    I chose Totodile in Johto. Normally I choose Chikorita but I decided to change it up.
    Glad I did; Feraligatr beat the Elite 4 by himself.

I got a Squirtle & a Treecko from my brother, so I'm going to pick Bulbasaur and Torchic.
    Call me crazy, but i've always preferred Venusaur over Charizard.

I'll have my brother pick Charmander and Mudkip, breed them, and give me the eggs.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I have got Torchic and Charmander. I can get all of them anyway, but I wanted to get my ones as pure HG Pokemon.

Aero Blitz

Faster Than Sceptile
    Years
    I picked up Treecko, and Squirtle. I have access to all of the starters so it didn't really matter, but I picked my favorites anyway.

darkpokemonfan

Dark Type Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Johto Starter: Totodile
    Kanto Starter: Charmander + Squirtle transfer from Fire Red
    Hoenn Starter: Treecko + Blaziken Transfer from Ruby

Side Question: Is it possible to transfer a Johto starter to the Pokewalker, restart the game, pick a different starter and import the previous starter as well that was in the Pokewalker?

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Side Question: Is it possible to transfer a Johto starter to the Pokewalker, restart the game, pick a different starter and import the previous starter as well that was in the Pokewalker?
    I don't think so, every time you connect to the Pokewalker your game, it gets saved, not sure if that's what you meant.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I chose Bulbasaur and Mudkip. Mudkip because its my favorite of the Hoenn starters, and Bulbasaur just so in my pokedex there won't be that annoying '?' at the very first slot. I have them all on my other games, so it didn't really matter anyway.

darkpokemonfan

Dark Type Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    I don't think so, every time you connect to the Pokewalker your game, it gets saved, not sure if that's what you meant.

I mean for example:

I start Pokemon HG from the beginning.
    I pick Totodile and catch another pokemon.
    I put Totodile in the Pokewalker.
    I reset Pokemon HG and pick Cyndaquil as a starter, save, thus overwrite the old save file.
    I catch another pokemon.
    I transfer Totodile from the Pokewalker to the game.
    Ending up with 2 starters.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I mean for example:

I start Pokemon HG from the beginning.
    I pick Totodile and catch another pokemon.
    I put Totodile in the Pokewalker.
    I reset Pokemon HG and pick Cyndaquil as a starter, save, thus overwrite the old save file.
    I catch another pokemon.
    I transfer Totodile from the Pokewalker to the game.
    Ending up with 2 starters.
    Your plan on using the PokéWalker that way to get the other starters won't actually work. Reason being is because everytime you restart your game, you have to reset your PokéWalker to recognize the new file. Also, this thread is on which of the Kanto and Hoenn starters you will choose. If you want to discuss the Johto starters you will pick, then you can do that in this thread here.

Back