• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution is now Wii

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Ugh, Revolution was sooo much better.
    Though the name is unique~

I can, at this moment, predict some sort of commercial for this with "We Are The Champions" in it, I mean, how could one not do that? >D

Wii are teh champions~~

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • ...worst name I've ever heard of. Seriously, what was Nintendo smoking when they came up with this garbage?
    *still calls it the Revolution or Rev*

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • Morkula said:
    ...worst name I've ever heard of. Seriously, what was Nintendo smoking when they came up with this garbage?
    *still calls it the Revolution or Rev*
    I'm willing to bet they were smoking Wii'd nothing. X3

Maybe this is all just their idea of a joke. Hopefully.

Though people wont really care what it's called in a few months, anyway.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I think it's actually pretty clever marketing. There's a crapload of puns you could use in conjunction with the name for all kinds of commercial fun.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • How many people can you imagine going up to a store clerk and asking them, "Can I have a Wii?" >>

Years
  • This is rich. I am still laughing about this. Wii? More like Why? (Pronouncing it "WHY" would be a lot better) As Allstories has said, it is clever marketting. The two Is represent the people playing and the unique controller. Though the name is crap, don't base buying the system off of it. Remember, there are online retailers.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • It looks like their two systems have perverted synergy...I agree with Allstories that there will likely be play-offs of the name in their own advertising, but I seriously doubt that it's going to do anything for Nintendo other than put off the few poor souls who would still be considering purchasing this.

"If you think touching is good, wait until you tried the Wii!"

and such.

I've never seen a company so eager to dig its own grave.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • "We played Wii yesterday!"
    "Can we go buy the Wii today"
    "We told you the Wii was good"

T_T; I'm not liking Wii as a name. It's not even a word! And the logic behind the name just seems bizarre. O_o Revolution told customers that the system was a revolution. This doesn't.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Revolution was about as generic as names come, I like Wii myself, but it's just a name, it won't make or break the system. Plus, the Japanese love puns, so it works for them.

Back