• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Richard Steel's Battle Stadium

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    As soon as I'm done here, I'll meet you on WiFi.

So far I'm extremely suspicious of this guy's Pokemon.

Gyarados just does not survive a Thunderbolt from something like Starmie. And it wasn't Focus Sash, that I know.

Maybe he used the Gts? and are you talking about the Real AAA? well, i'm gonna go trade now.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    As soon as I'm done here, I'll meet you on WiFi.

So far I'm extremely suspicious of this guy's Pokemon.

Gyarados just does not survive a Thunderbolt from something like Starmie. And it wasn't Focus Sash, that I know.

EDIT:

Now Roserade survived an Ice Beam from a Petaya Berry-Boosted Starmie? Yeah, I'm sorry guy, but there's no way.

Roserade has high special defense and Gyarados don't know why he survive

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Roserade has high special defense and Gyarados don't know why he survive

Roserade survived it while still in the yellow. A normal Ice Beam from Starmie does about that much, not counting the Petaya Berry boost. That should have OHKOed. So that's one.

Two, Tyranitar should have been OHKOed by Dugtrio's Earthquake. Always has been.

Three, Gyarados definitely should have been OHKOed by Thunderbolt. The only way it would have survived is if it's Special Defense was nearly maxed, EV-wise. And even then I'm not too sure... a 4x weakness REALLY hurts.

Four, Thunderpunch from Metagross did a bit more than half damage to Staraptor. That should have done at least 75-80% damage (possibly even OHKO, or damn close), considering Metagross' awesome Attack, and Staraptor's pitiful Defense.

And Mithos Kid, just bring along a Bidoof or something. This is a gift from me, you could say. I'm coming online now.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    my Staraptor has a good defense but a lame special defense that's why I didn't want to face it with your Starmie.
    My Tyranitar has a very good defense and about Gyarados I swear I'm very surprise as you are cuz his special defense is like 288 or so

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    richard, thanks so much for the skarmory, if I went out and put it on a level 100 all battle right now, would it still have all the EVs?

Yep, as long as his EVs are there, his stats will automatically be updated. That's why with a competitive WiFi team, it's pointless to go beyond the EV training.

Anyways, AAA, I'm still not quire convinced. Unless all your Pokemon are level 100, it's difficult to do a stat-check, so I'm not sure how to handle it. It's just what your Pokemon were absorbing (super effective attacks) that makes me scratch my head. And until I have absolute proof, like the word of Samson or Nightofshadow, I'm not going to be convinced. But I won't report you or anything, because I could be wrong. Something just seems fishy.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I'm leaving soon for a birthday party, so all battles will have to wait until later tonight... and I'll be available most of the night. ;)

I'll post again when I'm back and ready.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    Yep, as long as his EVs are there, his stats will automatically be updated. That's why with a competitive WiFi team, it's pointless to go beyond the EV training.

Anyways, AAA, I'm still not quire convinced. Unless all your Pokemon are level 100, it's difficult to do a stat-check, so I'm not sure how to handle it. It's just what your Pokemon were absorbing (super effective attacks) that makes me scratch my head. And until I have absolute proof, like the word of Samson or Nightofshadow, I'm not going to be convinced. But I won't report you or anything, because I could be wrong. Something just seems fishy.
    Yeah all my PKMN are all lvl 100 I worked so hard following some EV guide for weeks and it gave me good reults.You were going to report me?:( cuz you didn't wanted my cute little gyarados to survive:'( lol jk

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
    Years
    Sorry for the D/C Richard. They were trimmimg branches on a tree and it knocked out our power line. We just got power like 10 minutes ago. Can we have a rematch?

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
    Years
    Its not an excuse! Its not my fault they didn't know the branch was gonna hit the line. Well idc if it's believed or not. Richard knows I had no reason to D/C. My bro will be coming on....I have things to do right now/

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    richard, you're not the only one who was puzzled by AAA's pokemon's defense. charizard is extremely fragile and it took hits from my tyranitar(stab dark pulse with near max spatt ev's and beneficial nature) like they're nothing. i think they did like 1/3 damage to it.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    Dark Pulse on a Tyranitar doesn't works out good he is made to do physical damage.
    I now lost my proud of EV training I my as well raised a new team with cheap stats, maybe that will make everyone happy:disappoin

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I'm very surprise as you are cuz his special defense is like 288 or so

Unless your Gyarados is really an ugly Milotic that is impossible to survive. 288 Special Defense is the area a standard Milotic has and she can only take one Thunderbolt. Considering Gyarados has a 4x weakness to electricity as opposed to 2x that is impossible,

So unless you EV trained it in Special Defense because the max is without a beneficial nature is 299 that is the only way it can get to 288 with an IV of 21 in Sp. Def . Assuming you went by the standard Gyarados EV spread which is 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP something is up. No one in their right mind would train up Gyarados' special defense.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    Standard? huh he has a good HP I guess, all I did was just followed alot of EV guides and tips really didn't know much but jeez I'm going to re-breed a new team and make sure there defense don't get to high and it's going to be different pokemon.
    ~Sorry that I have to ditch you Tyranitar~ :(

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    richard's starmie would ohko gyara unless it has max hp and sp def. i think its safe to assume his gyara does. the problem is no one would do that unless they were completely unaware of the importance of ev training or they have a max ev code.

roserade can take ice beams very well... the fact that it took it into the yellow rather red is a little off, though, it wouldn't OHKO roserade.

ttar with plenty hp evs can survive a CB EQ from dugtrio but it still hurts it a lot.

Back