• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ridiculous things in Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The fact that there are Indian Elephants in the games, when the only animals in the anime ar epokemon.
    I guess you haven't watched the anime too much, because if you would have you'd have seen a couple of animal appearances in Pokémon. Like Jesse's Ekans meeting a wild mongoose and the fish in the sea when S.S.Anne sunk. There have been more animals in Pokémon, but I can't remember any now >.>
    Psycho said:
    Intrinsically, Smarties-kun, what you listed, actually has more to do with the viewer's philosophy and sensibility. In conclusion, you really aren't completely wrong or completely right. As I do agree with you, I must object to the fact that Ash has completely lost his personlity as I have seen instances, where Ash has shown a glint of the arrogance that has nearly faded away into the great days of Kanto, within Johto and Hoenn. Though, I must concur, he has made to much of a character escalation in the lines of development - but this is the seventh season that is currently being exhibited on Kid's WB.

Sadly, Ash isn't the only one. Even noteworthy characters such as, Brock (who's infactuations have gone from amusing to irritating), Misty (who has become much more compliant), and Gary (who has lost his infamous, imperious attitude), have suffered from the writer's leap-to-bounds character development.

I could provide some long, coherent, and ingenious refutation to your claims, but at times it is better to just acquiesce.

Psycho
    So the rumors about Misty losing her personality are true too =/
    I was pretty upset when Gary lost his personality, but this is becoming ridiculous <.<
    Everyone loosing their personality is one of the reasons why I rarely watch Pokémon anymore >.<

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • One thing is that they keep mentioning states (like California in "Go West Young Meowth") and their continents are different, that has always puzzled me

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    James used to always cross-dress when he disguised himself. One of the banned episodes had him in a beach contest with prosthetic boobs, which when I saw the pictures, made me look like this -> O_o

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    DreamBandit298 said:
    One thing is that they keep mentioning states (like California in "Go West Young Meowth") and their continents are different, that has always puzzled me
    I was so tickled when they mentioned Minnesota and the Vikings (it was a terrible pun) in the first movie. Yet now I hate the Vikings. Go figure.

Years
  • Ash and company probably earn some money while on their journies by doing odd jobs. Perhaps each town has small jobs available for pokemon trainers to help with expenses, and the way May shops, they are going to need it. :laugh:

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
  • To answer the "Why would Ash's mom just let him roam around?" question, I have only to say this, Becoming a Pokemon trainer is considered accustomed within the Pokemon world: Just like playing basketball, going camping, or going to school is for us in real life. Its basically, a custom, tradition, if that's what you want to call it. To futher explain, there have been some instances within the anime, where some children were forbidden to become Pokemon trainer's due to their parent's will or disinterest. An adequate amount of you may see it as weird or disagree, but it is a parent's choice and the child's dream. There are even Pokemon schools for those children who are unable to travel the different regions. There is also the age limit, which means that some thought is place upon the well-being of offspring, though ten may seem a bit vernal.
    yaminokaitou said:
    -What the characters did about getting money for food. OK, they get money from battling and whatnot in the game, but you never see them exchanging money after battles. And also, even if they were to get money, they go out to eat so often you'd think all of it would disappear after a while. But yet Ash never is broke. Maybe his mother sends him money?
    Your conjecture, on Ash's mother perhaps shipping banknotes, is an acceptable and satisfying supposition. Now, allow me to provide my own theories.

Upon speculation I have, but two supposals, one is : perhaps the money is given to them by the Pokemon Center. How have I concluded this you may ask, here is my supposition, the Pokemon Center is a station of both somnolence and medical patronage. It appears to be the capital of advocacy within each town, let alone the whole region. Trainers can find maps of various places, transfer their Pokemon and receive ambulatory healing, take refuge, attain food, register for the Pokemon League, and a plethora of other activities, so it is fairly natural to assume that the Pokemon Center would provide funds - of some sort - to traveling trainers.

My next supposal is that Ash could also have money stored away - maybe in a bank of sort within the PC or located elsewhere, but accessible by the PC. A "Trainer's Account", you could call it, that is provided for Pokemon trainer's venturing around the world. Though, it is moderately complicated and I have yet to work out all of the foibles.

-When you catch a pokemon and you have no room in your party, the ball goes to Bill's PC. But how does that happen? Does it just teleport like it does in the show? If it does teleport, what causes it to? Does Bill use some psychic type to teleport all the trainers' balls back?
    Also, when holding the balls, how does he tell whose pokeball is whose? Does he put them all in a box labeled "blahblah's pokeballs" or something?
    I also have another conjecture upon speculation. I suppose that is a special receptive device placed within the organic, manufactured Pokeballs, that allow them to confabulate with Bill's PC. These special devices (which could be hidden on the inside) may activate each time a Pokemon is captured, and signals to the PC that A.) A Pokemon has been added to the Trainer's team and B.) X is currently the amount that the Trainer holds. When a seventh Pokeball is captured, the PC then transmits a signal to the PC telling it that there are additional Pokemon beyond the designated and specified number. The PC (or some satalite in orbit that picks up these waves) then sends out the same AC waves- a coequal to the ones that appear when a Pokemon is transfered by a more incomplex process through PC - and those AC waves travel through the air, or atmosphere, to the delegated Pokeball and teleports it back to the location of where the trainer acquired his or her first Pokemon and was registered as a trainer. I also surmise that each receptive device within the Pokeball has a specific number that identifies the Pokeball by a certain number that is placed upon it during manufacture. When a person first receives their Pokedex, their ID, all information such as age, date of trainer admission, and various other bits of vital data are entered, which could, also, allow them to be tracked by the PC or the orbiting satalite that I mentioned earlier. Upon registration for trainer-employment, a box or section is added for you (in that same place), that will serve as you Pokemon's destination upon transfer.

Though, it is only my theory.

One thing is that they keep mentioning states (like California in "Go West Young Meowth") and their continents are different, that has always puzzled me
    Those states could very well exist within the anime, or they could be pun-intended. The fact that states were even mentioned does point to their existence within the Pokemon world.

The fact that there are Indian Elephants in the games, when the only animals in the anime ar epokemon.
    Actually other animals have been mentioned, such as Brock making refernce to the story of Noah's Ark, and a dove, after he, Misty, Ash, and Team Rocket were stranded superseding the sinking of the St. Anne.

To add on to that factor, when a Pokedex pulls up data on a Pokemon it tends to make animal references, such as: Pikachu, the small, yellow, mouse Pokemon; Growlithe, the canine, or dog Pokemon; Meowth, the cat Pokemon; or Donphan, the pachyderm Pokemon. Animal references have been made before.

Psycho

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 17, 2006
    Lol. Pikachu can obliterate a Vigoroth but can't take down a little Taillow. I hate those buggers. Flying about like the own the sky. If I were a Pikachu I'd start zappin the *censored* left and right!

As for the letting your 10 year old son roam around, I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't want me roaming about a basketball court in the urban area of Detroit shootin hoops against gun totin black people. (Edit: I used a racial name for black people, lol. Usually I call Arabian people -removed- but that's quite racist.)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2008
    First post...

What about the whole Pikachu is STILL not able to completely hammer all of the gym leaders. I'm assuming that all of the leagues can be started in any order; meaning that all of the first gym leaders (Brock, Bugsy, Roxanne) would be at approximately the same level. Since Pikachu has been with Ash since the beginning, wouldn't it be at Lvl 100 (or you know level 99999999 if there was no limit)?

Years
  • Not sure if said or not but:

All Nurse Joys/Officer Jennys basically the same.
    Two different sized Krabbys in The Lighthouse episode.
    Baby Pikachus (when later there are Pichus, oh wells)

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
  • -How when You Beat A Gym Leader, Or A Rival, Or Someone That Really Doesn't Want You To Beat Them, They Give You A Bunch Of Money After The Battle. "You Destroyed My Pride! You Ruined My Life, And Sent Me Into Spiraling Depression! Oh, And Here's Your $4000."

-"Critical Hit! It's Not Very Effective..."

-In The Episode Where Ash Gets A Krabby, It Says You Can Only Have 6 Pokemon On Your Belt, if You Catch Another One It Goes To The Place Where You Got Your Pokedex. But What If You Don't Have A Pokedex? Then What Happens If You Have 7+ Pokemon?

-Also In The Krabby Episode, When He Gets It, The Pokeball Poofs Away In A Stream Of Light. How Does The Pokeball Know That You've Caught 7 Pokemon?

-How Pokemon Has Been On The Air For 9 Years Now, And Ash Doesn't Seem To Have Grown Very Much.

-How Brock Can See With His Eyes Closed.

-Why Ash Would Catch 30 Taros's.

-How Ash Manages To See Almost All The Legendaries, And Most People Don't Even Think They Exist.

-Why Meowth Is The Only Talking Pokemon (besides mewtwo). I Mean, If It Is Indeed Possible For A Pokemon To Learn How To Talk, As Meowth Did In That One Episode, Then It Seems Like More People Would Teach Their Pokemon How To Talk.

That's All I Can Think Of For Now.

Years
  • Unfortunately, this thread's a bit too old to post in, as the maximum allowed revival period for this forum is only a month. By the time this was posted in yesterday, over two months had passed. So yeah. :/ Please try to keep track of the dates of the last posts in threads so as not to end up reviving them.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back