• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Riots in Tottenham, North London.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Sky News is a bad example of a news channel that is owned by Murdoch so I wouldn't ever trust that channel :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My nan lives in North London, but fortunate she is quite far from Tottenham so she wasn't affected, In-fact I was visiting her for a fortnight. I'm at my mum's now so I wasn't affected at all.

Years
    Sky News is a bad example of a news channel that is owned by Murdoch so I wouldn't ever trust that channel :)

What? What has that got to do with anything? Yes, they are staging these pictures and films to make us all scared.

Riots AGAIN in different parts of London and also, so far, small attacks in Birmingham and Leeds. Some of the youth today are thugs and idiots. I am shamed to be in the same age category as them.​

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I live about 10 minutes from Croydon, which is really going to hell. I could hear the riots earlier. Been quite lucky to not be affected at all really. It's been absolutely mad. I sympathies with the original reasons that sparked the riot, but this is explosive and, frankly, frightening.

Some of the youth today are thugs and idiots. I am shamed to be in the same age category as them.​
    On the contrary, my friend Sophie was in Croydon this afternoon when the Riots started to work up and posted some pictures to facebook, you'd be surprised how many of the rioters were much older.

Years
    As Captain Fabio said, it's disgusting that the people involved had to resort to such a grandiose display of violence, instead of making peaceful protest. Hopefully everyone who was injured during the incident, ends up being all right.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    hahahahahahaha apparently they broke into london zoo and broke out a tiger, who is now roaming the streets. these guys have style

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    errrrr the british DO have guns that's what started the conflict anders... remember, the young father shot dead YOU YOURSELF posted about

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah but are they supposed to have guns? I think if everybody had guns they could just shoot the bad guys.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    It's a real nonsense try to resolve violence with violence. It seems that we, the human race, haven't learned anything from our own history.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    It's a real nonsense try to resolve violence with violence. It seems that we, the human race, haven't learned anything from our own history.

That was a very powerful quote I've gotta' say. I'll defiantly remember that one! And as for the riot itself it's just snowballed into something totally uneeded, most people are using it as an excuse to rob stores it seems. Hardly a protest.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm appauled, it's just disgraceful and unhuman to do such a thing.

It's spreading now and unfortunately it's in the city I live in near my area ;/

Gonna have trouble with the Olympics now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Gonna have trouble with the Olympics now.

That in mind, my uni's marching band is actually going to London to lead the New Year's Day parade. It blows my mind that these riots are going on there now and in December, we're leaving to go there. On Twitter, people were talking about them spreading into Liverpool and Birmingham. Just terrible, really.

Years
    Awww, Rekky, you are so hardcore laughing about what is going on, go join them.

Riots spread to Bristol, Leeds and Birmingham. Great, it is in my own city now. A COBRA meeting is in effect in a few hours and I hope to God they allow force by the army; they won't be rioting long when stood infront of our British army.​

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    seems like they will have to call the army...
    from what I've read and seen in pics it's pure anarchy...some say they have a reason but I like much of you think they're just mindlessly robbing and destroying the great city of london and the other great cities in britain.
    I hope it doesn't last any longer less alone december...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Years
    seems like they will have to call the army...
    from what I've read and seen in pics it's pure anarchy...some say they have a reason but I like much of you think they're just mindlessly robbing and destroying the great city of london and the other great cities in britain.
    I hope it doesn't last any longer less alone december...

The government need to seriously get it under controll. Home Secretary, Theresa May is a pure idiot. She thinks we can handle this through normal policing methods; is she blind or plain deluded?​

And the bad guys would have it even easier to shot the good ones and cause even more trouble- I'd rather keep the guns for the police and all.

Also, best headline in the history of forever:

https://img.kiosko.net/2011/08/09/uk/daily_express.750.jpg

Indeed, and I can think of better titles, but dont' think they can be publicly published.​

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011

And the bad guys would have it even easier to shot the good ones and cause even more trouble- I'd rather keep the guns for the police and all.

No way, dude. The rioters would have been like "you know, these guys might have guns, should I really break into their house and risk getting shot???"

The police are already under scrutiny but your average Joe would pop pop watching ----- drop all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back