• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Riots in Tottenham, North London.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    My dad won't be going to job for a while... he's fine but if he can't make money, then it's a big trouble for our family. This really needs to stop now.

And title needs to be changed. It's not just Tottenham now, it's all over the ****ing country.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    So, I hear that the police are doing what little they can to contain the riots, waiting for them to "burn out". It is a shame when a person gets shot, but good heavens the threat is a powerful incentive to shut up and sit down. Overall though, I am saddened and infuriated at the behavior of these people. Now the floodgates are open and anybody who wanted to try their hand at criminal behavior is probably coming out of the woodwork.

Last edited:
    Years
    Am I the only one who thinks today and last night were the quietest nights for a few days.

I am just worried that they will do nothing for a while then the forces will start to thin, then it will kick off again.​

Years
    They need to deal with this in a harsh manner. Let the army intervene with tasers and tear gas and the like. Warn them so they have a chance to step down.

Even if the man shot was innocent, which is debatable, you deal with it properly - diplomatically.

It's the anti-authority mentality that sparks things like this.

I hope the innocent among you remain safe.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    In London, at least, it seems to have died down completely. It's the rest of the country that seems to be getting it hardest...

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    Peaceful protest is fine by all means, and violent protest is fine only under extreme circumstances, but this is just awful. There is no legitimacy behind these rioters "supposed" political reasoning. Someone said, "maybe they will not kill a young father next time." These people are using this man's death as an excuse to beat, kill, and steal from others. These people do not even care about that man, and they are not respecting the family's wishes to stop rioting. In countries like Egypt and Libya, violent protest are legitimate only because the government is exercising that same amount of violence toward the people, and oppressing their rights; furthermore, the Egyptian/Libyan rioters were not going up to innocent people and mugging them. These rioter are of a much different nature; their efforts are not to create peace within society, but rather, to create it.

hahahahahahaha apparently they broke into london zoo and broke out a tiger, who is now roaming the streets. these guys have style

This comment also is upsetting for obvious reasons. There really is not anything funny about this situation.

Last edited:

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    So I live near Birmingham. Specifically, Smethwick. About five/ten minutes away from my home three boys were killed. Innocent boys protecting their community and place of worship. They were run over and killed, on purpose.

The place over the road from my house was smashed by over 40 people armed with baseball bats.

The factories near my home were set on fire.

It's horrific, and it's terrifying. Nobody has the right to make innocent people too scared to go outside their own homes. I couldn't sleep because I was scared I would wake up and everything would be gone. People who owned local businesses lost their only way of putting food on the table.

These kids doing this are claiming that it's because they're treated unfairly, because they have no money or respect from authority. If you want respect you act in a respectful manner. If you want money you get a god damn job.

/endrant

It does seem to have calmed down now, which I am endlessly thankful for. But I'm still scared it will start again.

Back