• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    And how in progress now? :) I think better and better!

Thanks Matt;)

Years
  • Yeah sorry about that but when I start doing something I don't post any updates until I'm finished.. I try to spend as much time as possible working on this but I have things to do.. This is as hard as when I put the item system in..

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Just do your best, and don't get too stressed from the work. I'm sure that everyone appreciates the mere fact that you are actually carrying on with this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    We waiting for next relase !
    really , cant wait for it!

Thanks Matt;)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Yes Matt, we are waiting. But they have busy lives and other projects on the go as well. Just wait for someone to update us because that post was a pointless bump.

Years
  • Sorry for the lack of updates everyone.. I kept forgetting :embarrass
    Anyway I got a little update for anyone still interested in the group cbs..
    *Fixed problem with cns loading names in-correctly
    *Added working pokemon selection system
    *Fixed problem with pokemon loader
    *Completed menu-type code for selection sys
    *Fixed various bugs with the catch pokemon sys
    *Worked out minor lag issues
    *Other small bugs fixed

I still have a lot of work left on the pokemon selection menu but it's getting along..
    I still have to:
    *Fix a problem with first caught pokemon's name being overwritten by every pokemon after that.
    *Modify selection sys to show updated pokemon positions (eg. switch pokemon and the selection screen will look the same)

That's all.. Not too hard to do but it takes a lot of time to find errors..
    Modification will not be that hard either but none-the-less, I don't have a lot of time to work on the cbs anymore..

I just wanted you all to know that this will be the last release of the CBS by the team. After this is done, the group project will possess almost every aspect of the pokemon battle system which is what it started out to achieve.
    Other things like summary of pokemon and attatching items for battle are not necessary for the group project and I have allowed enough freedom for people to code them in.
    Also, after this is complete I don't want to see everyone asking for "battle system coders" or anything because if you can't understand the cbs yourself then you can't expect others to help you.
    It's been over a year since I joined PC and started this project, I would hope to see it stickied one day so that a year's worth of work is not simply forgotten.

Years
  • Arg, not a single reply.. That hurts..
    Anyway I have a small update as I am working on the cbs right now..
    Almost finished fixing selection sys to have moveable pokemon slots.. Thinking about changing PC withdraw/deposit system to use slection sys.. Graphics make it easier to use...
    That's all for updates now so I will post later I guess..

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • Looking good Krazy! I'm eagerly awaiting another release! Do you think you could take some screenshots so we could see the progress? If not, I understand.

AbareMax

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    All of what you've done (that post up there) sounds great. I'm mostly just trying to give you encouragement in this post. :D

From what you've said, it sounds like it won't be much longer until it's done (aside from attacks).

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I would hope to see it stickied one day so that a year's worth of work is not simply forgotten.
    I think that it would deserve to be stickied after its completion. It will be used by many game makers and be a great help to them too.
    I've told you how great everything is on MSN but I'll say it again here, the work and progress of this project is amazing and it shows how strong your will and determination is for keeping at it for all this time.

Years
  • Thanks guys! Especially you Phoenix! I think this will take me more time than I first anticipated.. I can't use as much code as I thought from the original PC system so i will need to make up more code and then tie it all together... Also I need to modify more of the code for switching pokemon if I want to show the active pokemon..
    Screenshots? Sure! Here is a couple of the selection sys in action:

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    hey, looks exelent, can i help?

i am good at rpg maker xp, but i have all versions since '95 and i can do everything in them ecspect the scripting which i want to learn

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah sure you can help.. I haven't gotten around to working on this for a while because I was having trouble with the code. Also I have a very busy life and working on multiple projects is hard enough as some people may already know.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    ok, what should i do? i can do everything apart from the scripting (which i want to learn)
    though i can do the veribles and stuff

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    yes i am very good with everything apart from the rpgmakerxp scripting.
    also i have always wanted to know how a cbs and a cms works so i could make my own but i am very capable with veribles and stuff

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back