• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, it isn't really discontinued. It's just going through some changes and is in development.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I can't really say. I guess we might discuss that after the rm2k3 battle sys's over.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, my exams have finished, and I've started work on this again. XD
    I've changed around a couple of functions for easier attack adding, and simpler coding.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Yeah, this was pretty much dead. Rm2k3kid's demo just made me think it up again.
    I know that most of you probably have all made their own CBS, but here's ours.
    NOTE: Evasion is missing, and I've only coded in a couple of attacks.
    --------The coding's easy to get, so you guys'll be able to code the rest according to your
    --------games.

I've also binned the switch system, since it doesn't take that much time to do it yourself XD

One more thing. I may have uploaded the wrong demo, so tell me if there's anything wrong.

--EDIT--
    ONE MORE THING. Don't battle the Karate guy. I haven't coded in the stats for his pokemon;;

C&C welcome. (don't mention the graphics, because this is a tech demo; which is rather meant to show the coding, than graphics)

Last edited:

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Not that bad, But like Neo-Dragon said, the item menu needs a bit of work. when this whole battle system is finished, i might use it in my Pok?mon Spark Yellow!

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The bag works fine for me;;; Maybe I uploaded the wrong demo. Try this one.

NOTE: I haven't coded in the use of items yet.

Also, if you run into any problem, could you post the screen of the CBS map, and the problem itself?

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, I've been fiddling around with the battle system again.
    I've just changed around a couple of graphics, but I wanted your opinion.
    Also, I was wondering if anyone's decided to put this in their game.

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
  • This is quite awesome. With some work, This could really work. Good luck, you have my vote.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    You know, the battle system that I posted is almost complete. Anyone who wants to use it just needs to add the attacks and pokemon they need; and make the switch system that is;; (which wouldn't be as hard IMO) So I've decided to take the battle system, and customise it for a game project I was working on with a couple of friends here.

As it's been said in the CBS, the battle system's free for use, but I hope the guys who made it(I'm Daegon if you haven't noticed) get the proper credit that they need. I'll make a tutorial for this if anyone wants as well.

Happy battling you guys. XD

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Huh? That's one of the systems file. When did that error occur? I haven't had that.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I don't remember using such file, sorry;;; Try renaming any system file in the systems folder as it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back