• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Here is whare you can request help or files dealing with RM2K (or 2K3) or just discuss it in general. You can still make new topics for your games you ae making.

UnrealPoke

|-Welcome to my world-|
Years
Hello, I need resources for Pokemon anything will help. Anybody that can get me something will be put on the credits.... I also am looking for smart peeps to help with the idea and concept of a new pokemon game...lol.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2006
Hey, i neeed help on making my pkmn game...how can you make the ledges work? like when you push down you jump...like the real game!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Ah, ledges. I haven't actually attempted this yet, but I'd put an event right before the ledge on Hero Touch that has a fork condition for the Hero facing down (if you are facing down) then use a move event like Start Jump, Down, End Jump. That should do it.

UnrealPoke > a lot of the resources you will use are custom. I recommend using iDraw 3 for the drawing; it's made specifically for RM2K. I have some face sets I can PM you later, as well as some chipsets. As for story, just make sure it's unique. You may not want the obligatory "new region" and "two hundred more pkmn" that everyone has come to expect. How about, you're a kid who's too poor to buy any pokeballs to catch a pokemon and to embarassed to ask a prof. for one, so he steals one from Ash or somebody. Then you have to train the stolen pkmn, overcome its hate of you, become the best against all odds, and face justice and truth to find out what is right. That is a combination of action (running from authorities, etc) with ethics (in the conclusion).

Last edited:

Porcupine

Wanna Be *********
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2004
Yeah i need sm sprites, chipsets and a battle sys. please help me out. I am a newbie.
Pleez peeples help me out you ll have a LARGE spot in the credits and on my website.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
battle systems aren't something you just "get" like a graphical resource. They require hard work and a lot of dedication. To learn to make these well, follow my hints below.

I have attatched most of my resources in a zip to this message... have fun. Just give me a spot in your game's credits even though I didn't make all of them.

Hints:
1) Visit www.gaminggroundzero.com. There, download Kindred Saga and look at the coding that makes the battle system work. Then, go to files and look up files made by Syxtem. He makes a lot of pkmn files.

2) Visit www.gamingw.net. There, download rm2kemon and Pokemon Galaxy
to see the coding they use in those games. For you n00bs, I recommend using the battle system in Galaxy and RM2KeMon because it creatively adapts the default battle system instead of doing it all from scratch.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 27, 2009
dude the download for rm2kemon does not work, and I can find Pokemon Galaxy(wanna gimme a link to that page maybe?)

EDIT: NM, I found that, but again the download does not work at all

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Sorry! I didn't realize! Gaming World's downloads are unreliable. Also, the filesize is too big for me to attatch, so I guess you'll just have to find another place to download! Sorry once again.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2006
hey, i have one problem....everytime that i step on the event next to the ledge, the guy gets stuck! Maybe its the fork condition...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
pichaque said:
hey, i have one problem....everytime that i step on the event next to the ledge, the guy gets stuck! Maybe its the fork condition...
Maybe. Since I haven't actually attempted this myself, I can't help you (yet.) I'll try to put a ledge in my next demo release.

Also, for rm2kemon, try this link: http://www.geocities.com/pokeclonerpg/games.html
it should work

Chaskis Sato

Always Chasing the Night.
Years
pichaque said:

Maybe you need to check the chipset or see if the even is done correctly. What I mean by that is see if the pages, if you have more than one for that event are set so that you don't repeat an old action.

Or maybe its part of an evil conspiracy to overthrow all up and rising game designers...nah... :paranoid:

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2006
Hey, does anyone have any gym leader charsets...i need them ALL (even from ru/sa) Thanks, credit is rewarded.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
pichaque said:
Hey, does anyone have any gym leader charsets...i need them ALL (even from ru/sa) Thanks, credit is rewarded.

Are you using the "official" style sprites or traditional RM2K style? You can rip your own sprites from a Rom if you want to - that insures that genuine pkmn feel to it. And of course, you can get such a rom right on this board, ironically enough.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I was editing my RM2K game when suddenly, I couldn't
play it. I thought it was because I made too many maps (82 and counting}
but when it finished loading ,there was an error (I FORGOT WHICH)
Please help me. This a game I've been working on for three years.
I've done just about all the maps and so far it's perfect.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
I was editing my RM2K game when suddenly, I couldn't
play it. I thought it was because I made too many maps (82 and counting}
but when it finished loading ,there was an error (I FORGOT WHICH)
Please help me. This a game I've been working on for three years.
I've done just about all the maps and so far it's perfect.

Unless we know what the error is, we can't really help you. Try checking the game's folder for the file RPG_RT.exe. The game can't run without it. Also, check to make sure all your Map[insert number here].lmu files and RPG_RT.ini files are in their respectful locations. The following files are necessary for a game to play:
  • The folders for the resources of your game
  • RPG_RT.lmt
  • RPG_RT.ini
  • Map X.lmu (X for any number)
  • RPG_RT.exe

Make sure you have those files!

John Denver

Banned
Years
umm....why is ths topic stickied?

It shouldn't be stickied

~UNSTUCK

And have any of you guys played RPG maker on the PS2...crap that thing is confusing...

BOO ya!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Possibly because I posted it stickied because we have quite a few RM2K fans (not the PS one) and people kept posting threads asking for the same chipsets and stuff so I made this. And as you see, people are getting help so.....

~~STICKIED~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back