• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
There's obviously not. Rm2k(3) is very limited in some ways but (If you were willing to make the effort) you can always find a way around it. You can do the assign switch thing, then just in the battles, make the If Branch and copy and paste it into all the battles. Isn't really that hard, nothing to complain about.
Pokemon games usually don't turn out well with the default battle system anyway. (VERY LIMITED)

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2004
Well, I've tried to make a Custom Pokemon Battle system, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it short of spending two years programming it with millions of lines of code.

So until a Pokemon Battle System Tutorial comes out, I'll wait.

By the way, Krazy_Meerkat, I prefer the standard battle system over the one in Pokemon Rusty 2. No offense, but I just didn't find yours the least bit attractive, fun, or igenuitive. PLEASE do not get mad, this is just my opinion. I'm sure lots of people enjoy that kind of system, but I'm not one of them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2004
I can't freakin make use of the Rm2k3 battle system like I want. They only let you use TINY little character sets for the Heroes in battle, and big IMAGES for the enemies. Why the heck dont' they let you use big Images for the HEROES as well?????

My problem is that I'm making a Pokemon style game, and I want to show both YOUR pokemon and the enemy pokemon. However, with Rm2k3 I'm forced to either:
a) Have huge enemy pokemon and tiny little allied pokemon
Have both enemies and allies real tiny
c) Make allied pokemon invisible, hence making the battle system exactly like the one in the old Rm2k.

Does anyone know how I could avoid these unpleasant alternatives?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Walker> There is a way. Under M. Groups in RM2K3 you can enter an event at the bottom with Fork Condition and at the bottom select "If hero____ uses the ____ battle command." There u go!

And why don't you use a regular monster picture? You can draw it as big or as small as you want. And yes, I do believe you CAN have large-animation Heros. Under Animations 2, go to the "Animation Type" tab and select the "Battle Animation" radio button "(-)" and select your animations. To make these under animation, when you're selecting your animation file, go to the tab "Large Animation." did that help?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2004
Awesome! Thanks, guys, I never saw that "Battle Animation" tab for the character sprites. Mostly that's cuz I just illegally downloaded Rm2k3 last week, and until then I'd been using Rm2k.

So will the battle animation automatically loop over and over again to keep the character animated?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
If you go to the "POkemon Gameboy Games" section, you'll find a section for RM2K stuff. So I'm pretty sure all the stuff about RM2K will get moved soon.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
Years
Okay. I need some more help. I went to the Event Editor,right? well I was tring to make a party starting postion... But i doesn't have an event for it. I looked in the help menu and the reafdme file..no luck... what do I do? That, and how do you get you charachter not to have attacks and whatnot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back