• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypermonkey

N008 H4CK3R
    Years
    Is there a way to change the sprites of the trainer instead of the Pokemon? I still couldn't find a tool that can simply allow me to change my trainer's back sprite for Leaf Green.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    As far as I know, trainer backsprites are uncompressed. You can use a tile editor to change them.
    But that could be a neat feature to add, since the current way of inserting trainer backsprites is quite time-consuming...

Matteron, I know the interface is bad. It's my fault that I didn't make it clear as to how to go back to the main menu. RGSS has no in-built file navigator, and I haven't got around to making one. An undo button shouldn't be too hard to add.

I'm thinking of recoding this in C++ later, when I can be bothered to learn how to make GUI tools. Then, I'll add a proper file navigator, and clean up the interface. Unfortunately, that's going to have to wait, as I'm on holiday now :P

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
    Years
    Sorry if anyone else has had this problem, and it's already been answered, but, I didn't see it and when I run the .exe (in Vista - disabled UAC, etc) it gives a black window for less than second and then closes. Am I missing a .dll it needs to run, or something? Help would appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    I just checked it out... I'm hacking Emerald though, so it's useless for me, but it seems to work fine on Windows 7. Just thought I'd let you know.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Sorry if anyone else has had this problem, and it's already been answered, but, I didn't see it and when I run the .exe (in Vista - disabled UAC, etc) it gives a black window for less than second and then closes. Am I missing a .dll it needs to run, or something? Help would appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Try re-downloading there are two links so try the other one

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    hello
    I have an issue with sprites editor: when I import a new pokémon, it asks me to enter an offset, and I do not know what to write?
    Can you help me please? :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    upen your rom with a hex editor(hex workshop) and scroll down to you find a line with all
    (offset)FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF ........................
    If there are all F's and .'s then it is empty space copy the offset and enter it when RMXP askes you for a offset

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
    Years
    is possible that you add a command to edit the battle background in fire red?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    upen your rom with a hex editor(hex workshop) and scroll down to you find a line with all
    (offset)FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF ........................
    If there are all F's and .'s then it is empty space copy the offset and enter it when RMXP askes you for a offset
    It's best not to do that, actually... some are, for some reason, in use. It's best to use something like Free Space Finder, AdvanceMap's Free Space finder, or PKSV's free space finder - all do pretty much the same.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    The program isn't working for me /:
    When using the Indexded Platinum sprites as found in your signature this message pops up.

'Pokemon #1 has too many colours in its palette!
    Please make sure that the combined amount of colors
    in the front and back sprites is 16 or less, for both normal and shiny.'

I was going to replace the bulbasaur with turtwig. So I renamed the front sprite to 001.png and the back shiny sprite to 001sb.png but it didnt work.

Also, the icons didnt work either. It was the same situation, Bulbasaur and Turtwig. But when I imported the icon it said it can not create a palette for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back