• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Uhhh, yea. My AVG is now saying this is a Virus WTF?

ok temp fix for retarted AVG, but it still says too many colors after going through some tutorials, WTF?

Also the readme says it imports both indexed and non indexed yet I've had to and it still doesnt work really whats going on with this thing?

Last edited:

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • I'm considering making an ini for this so it could be used on Leaf Green. i was curious about how exact the offsets need to be? Going to the firered offsets in a leafgreen rom, you can see the same lines nearby, but the bytes are not necessarily grouped onto lines in the exact same way, if that makes any sense? I just don't wanna do this and have something that seems to work but has some terrible bug somewhere, etc.

I would venture to guess the offset is the line where a specific byte starts, but how would i know which byte it is, etc?

This is a very nice program though, saves quite a bit of time messing around in unlzgba and seems to give me more solidly reliable results too.

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • Disregard my last post, I remembered how hex works again. Anyone who wants to use this tool for leafgreen, make a LeafGreen (U).ini and paste this in it

FrontSpriteTable=0x235088
    BackSpriteTable=0x236528
    FrontPaletteTable=0x2372E8
    BackPaletteTable=0x2380A8
    EnemyYTable=0x2349A8
    PlayerYTable=0x235E48
    EnemyAltitudeTable=0x239FE0
    IconSpriteTable=0x3D35DC
    IconPaletteTable=0x3D3CBC
    IconPalettes=0x3D357C
    SpeciesNames=0x245EBC
    TotalSpecies=440

Seems to work for me, but I could have broken something. If anyone finds something wrong with it let me know please. I'll try and test it a bit more myself as well.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • Disregard my last post, I remembered how hex works again. Anyone who wants to use this tool for leafgreen, make a LeafGreen (U).ini and paste this in it

FrontSpriteTable=0x235088
    BackSpriteTable=0x236528
    FrontPaletteTable=0x2372E8
    BackPaletteTable=0x2380A8
    EnemyYTable=0x2349A8
    PlayerYTable=0x235E48
    EnemyAltitudeTable=0x239FE0
    IconSpriteTable=0x3D35DC
    IconPaletteTable=0x3D3CBC
    IconPalettes=0x3D357C
    SpeciesNames=0x245EBC
    TotalSpecies=440

Seems to work for me, but I could have broken something. If anyone finds something wrong with it let me know please. I'll try and test it a bit more myself as well.
    wait if i'll add more to the species it means that i will have more poke's????

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • no its a ini it just makes the program show the hex's just changing the amount wont add them. lets say the number is 400 if you change it to 500 it will just show croupt data or crash when you go to 401-500

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Good news - I've finally begun to revamp these tools! Here's a quick WIP screenshot of the icon editor:
    [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

This time, I'm using Visual Basic 2008, so it should work (and look) better than the old version. You'll need the Microsoft .NET framework to use them, but I'd imagine most people already have that. If you don't, it can be downloaded for free from Microsoft; many other programs require it too, so you may as well get it now.

I'm not going to support the old version any more; you can still download and use it, but I won't be answering any more questions or error reports.

School days again...
    Years
  • Good news - I've finally begun to revamp these tools! Here's a quick WIP screenshot of the icon editor:
    [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

This time, I'm using Visual Basic 2008, so it should work (and look) better than the old version. You'll need the Microsoft .NET framework to use them, but I'd imagine most people already have that. If you don't, it can be downloaded for free from Microsoft; many other programs require it too, so you may as well get it now.

I'm not going to support the old version any more; you can still download and use it, but I won't be answering any more questions or error reports.

I like it much better. Does it features also the 25 empty slots?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back