• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

• Rock Band

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Guitar Hero

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • None of em

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I prefer Guitar hero more because it has better songs and better options in the game like make your own music and Rock band has a mess up guitar and rock band 2 is good, but da first one is lame. lol xD I voted or guitar hero. ;D

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I've only got Guitar Hero so I can't really say too much about Rock Band. I thought the two were very similar, except just made by different companies?

But I wouldn't really mind either one. I just like its concept and I've never had the spare time to learn an actual guitar (even though I really want to).
    Well yeah I think, I never owned a rock band too so I prefer Guitar Hero.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I've never played any of these Guitar games but Guitar Hero was the one who started it so.

talesfan1

Ruler of the Adephagos
    Years
  • i say rock band is much better, cause guitar hero may be the first oe to come out but rock band was made the the original producers of guitar hero harmonix. also rock band has a lot better DLC for it, like the iron maiden pack that came out two weeks ago

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I used to say Guitar Hero, because I loved Guitar Hero 2 and especially 3. I still play it too, but as of recent I'd have to say I prefer Rock Band. GH4 was terrible, and with all the games they are releasing it's just driving the series into the ground. I also prefer the overall look and feel of Rock Band over Guitar Hero. It seems more... modern and clean, I guess, and you actually feel as if you're playing in a big stadium more than you would if you were playing GH. Rock Bands songs and DLC are also more to my style. They, in my opinion, are more of the Rock genre than those of GH.

One thing that I think Guitar Hero has on Rock Band though, is challenging songs. I wasn't challenged by ANYTHING on Rock Band 2. Guitar Hero definitely does have the harder songs.

But yeah, Rock Band for me.

Banned
    Years
  • I like Guitar Hero because I own it, but I think Rockband is better in some ways.
    Spoiler:

Both are great games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero Is Better Then Rockband Because:

1: Its Harder
    2: It Has More Songs
    3: There Is 4 GH Games
    You're kidding right? More songs? Rock Band has 500+ songs, I'm not even sure if Guitar Hero has half that. And the bit about 4 GH Games is what makes the series so bad. They spit out all of these poorly produced games every month and just milk the consumer for all they can get it. It's pathetic. They seem to go by the guideline "quantity over quality" where Rock Band believes in the opposite.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've only played about an hour or so of Rock Band. My brother has GH3 & 4. I don't see a huge difference between either (gameplay seems exactly the same to me) but I prefer the track lists in Rock Band so I'll go with that.

dash!

Epic
    Years
  • Definately guitar hero. I used to spent HOURS everyday play GH 2 and 3. (nerdy expert player :3)
    I have rockband too, and I do like some of the songs on it and I play it on occasion, but I've been playing guitar hero since before rockband came out. It's just what I'm used to.

Last edited:

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • GH1/2/3 >>>> Rock Band
    GH4 <<<< Rock Band 2

hmm.

Not going to vote.

I completely agree with this post.

But I voted for Rock Band, since I've had WAAAAY too many good times playing together with my friends....lol especially at parties, you should see drunk people trying to sing and yet we somehow manage to finish with a disastrous singer. XDDD

I once tried that Rock Band 2 achievement were you have to do the ENTIRE set list without pausing or taking breaks. Yeah, uhhh....we got halfway because my cousin accidentally hit pause with the back of his thumb.....x_X

Screw that achievement....lol

Back