• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Role you play in Pokemon

What role do you play in Pokemon?

• Pokemon Trainer (for newbies)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Pokemon Ace Trainer (for experts, interested in natures, EVs, ect)

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • Pokemon Co-ordinator (interested in contests and poffins)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Pokemon Collector (interested in catching but not raising pokemon)

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Pokemon Farmer (interested in growing berries and spheres)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Pokemon Competitor (interested in playing mini games in underground)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Adventurer (only interested in the story)

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Pokemon Researcher (interested in the pokedex and pokemon to a observic point of view)

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Pokemon Fan (just loves pokemon)

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    I would have to be an Ace Trainer. I constantly train new teams on the game and then use them for WiFi.

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
    Hm, well I am really a Pokemon Breeder; I like raising natures, egg moves, and IVs for (I suppose) Ace Trainers. But since my primary role isn't an option, I choose Pokemon Collector because I have to collect a lot of Pokemon so that I am able to breed with variety; I also enjoy shiny hunting. Yet truly, my secondary role is really split between all of these: Pokemon Adventurer, Pokemon Collector, Pokemon Co-ordinator, and Pokemon Ace Trainer.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    What about Pokemon Breeder? I think of myself as a Breeder.

I think I would fall into these categories that you listed:
    Ace Trainer- I do pay attention to natures and EV's.
    Pokemon Collector- I collect Pokemon, including events, but I don't raise the events.
    Pokemon Researcher- I enjoy conducting research on Pokemon.
    Pokemon Fan- I'm a huge PokeFan.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
    I don't like the term POKEMON FARMER. O_____O. But yes, I do grow berries. I am quite intrested in berries. I consider most berries legendary like Leichi and others imbued with elemental powers. I like berries. But I also raise pokemon.

:16:

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Wow..I'm quite shocked at how many people choose different roles other than one.

Next time I make a poll like this (don't worry, it'll be a couple of months from now....) I will add the pokemon breeder option

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I'm a big collector, but I'm a pretty decent trainer myself. Otherwise, I like the term researcher, how awesome would it be to research Pokemon for a living?

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    I'm a Pokemon researcher. My main focus in the game is to complete the PokeDex and gain information about the Pokemon.

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
    i'm an ace trainer. 55 winning streak. people hate my mewtwo. i ev trained two so it would trash everybody. the e4 are two easy. i allways have a team of lv 65 pokemon before the e4 and beat it using only hyper potions and full restores on one pokemon.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Im pretty much a ace trainer since i always care about my pokemons nature since it affects their stats and i always ev train when i battle online so i can win.

idrum4all2see

Drummer for life
    Years
    I am a Colector/ace trainer
    I collect only pokemon I use, but i train them to high levels for battle.
    I hold small double battle contests in my town and have won 3 out of the 4.
    Ace it is :]

Years
    First and fore-most I am a Pokemon Breeder. Second-most (lol) I am a Cordinator.
    (Is the proper term Co-ordinator? D: I like Cordinator better, mostly because my southern accent makes I have to make an effort if I want to say the double o's.)

Cid

Years
    I'm an Ace Trainer in Pokemon generally, though I do raise berries and bury orbs more common than others, so I could partly be a Pokemon Farmer... ^^
    I could also be a breeder, collector and a coordinator, since I have a Roserade mainly used for contests (I got to Master Rank) and I breed and collect baby Pokemon.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    im an ace trainer, collector and a researcher. I have the entire pokedex and 12 EV trained pokemon, most others are at the bare evolutionary minimum though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I'm sorry that I didin't put breeder and if you do more than one thing..just pick anyone you want..

Back