• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I personally like the normal one. The interview is too much work. Though, I honestly find RP samples to be unnecessary. Quite frankly, the history and personality fields will tell you how someone writes just fine. ._.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I personally like the normal one. The interview is too much work. Though, I honestly find RP samples to be unnecessary. Quite frankly, the history and personality fields will tell you how someone writes just fine. ._.

I disagree. Some people, like myself, suck at writing SU's. But I feel that I'm decent, at best, at RPing. But generally my SU's wouldn't show that.

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I have zero experience at roleplaying.
So I'm really shy about creating a RP myself.
However, I have just finished playing "Bully" (the Playstation game; I had it for ages, but never finished, finally decided to play it all over again and finish it). And that seem like a really great story.

But I'm just throwing the idea out there, in order for butterfrees to flap their wings and the butterfly effect which I don't understand causes somebody to read it.

Bye Rihanna.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I have zero experience at roleplaying.
So I'm really shy about creating a RP myself.
However, I have just finished playing "Bully" (the Playstation game; I had it for ages, but never finished, finally decided to play it all over again and finish it). And that seem like a really great story.

But I'm just throwing the idea out there, in order for butterfrees to flap their wings and the butterfly effect which I don't understand causes somebody to read it.

Bye Rihanna.

Well, I played Bully, then thought, okay... that would be a good idea because it would have classes, and all... but Idk I couldn't think of a good story you know :x But yeah, it could work as an Academy RP without Pokemon. :)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I've been playing the Fatal Frame series lately, and am thinking of making an RP for it, I have a friend who plays so I'll probably ask her to help but before I do that I want to know if anyone would be interested in something like that

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I've been playing the Fatal Frame series lately, and am thinking of making an RP for it, I have a friend who plays so I'll probably ask her to help but before I do that I want to know if anyone would be interested in something like that

I would be interested to know how Fatal Frame would be implemented into a RP...

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Have any of yu heard of Homestuck? yes? no?
go read it.

Anyway, I think it would make a great RP. I'd make it but... I don't exactly have the time to GM for RPs anymore. Life is unstable.

But yeah, I think t would make a BRILLIANT RP, and it's possible to have a pokemon crossover, given the nature of the universes and sessions.

if you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/index.php?s=6&p=001901

(It's about 3000+ pages long, and a few of them are flash videos. Don't dedicate if you don't have the time)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Has anyone heard of a story called Everlost by Neal Shusterman? It's book one in the 'Skinjacker Trilogy', the others are Everwild, Everfound. It has potential to turn into an RP. A lot of potential.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Anyone ever watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer? The way it ended with a whole bunch of people becoming slayers would make a good RP. You can choose to be a slayer, vampire, demon ect.

Or a Marvel universe RP would be freaken awesome.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
It seems like this is turning into the "Have you guys read this?" thread. XD. But I have read none of the above. But Marvel Universe RP would be pretty cool.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Aww. Homestuck is pretty cool. It's basically about multiple universes and a videogame designed to create alternate universes. each player in a 'session' has their own title, and that title affects their abilities. (I.E. Time, Space, Breath(Wind)) Once you enter the game you're teleported to your own unique world, filled with its own creatures. There is also a 'Denizen' in each world, who has control over it.

I really can't accurately explain it. the series is incredibly complicated, and you need a complete understanding of it for an RP to work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
LOVE HOMESTUCK I am so far behind though lol

I had a cool idea for a signup. Like... having to write an actual application. And by hand would be super awesome! Like, for an academy RP would be ideal. Because people have to apply to an academy anyways, as well that handwriting can tell a lot about a person!

hang on, i'll quickly make one and give you an example; (gonna use my character oakley as an example). ok i attached it. like that but... way better. it would be fun! like writing a real one!

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I like that idea for an application but it would suck for those whose characters are supposed to have neat handwriting but actual roleplayer does not. Like me, for example XD

The warden

I'm back!
Years
LOVE HOMESTUCK I am so far behind though lol

I had a cool idea for a signup. Like... having to write an actual application. And by hand would be super awesome! Like, for an academy RP would be ideal. Because people have to apply to an academy anyways, as well that handwriting can tell a lot about a person!

Along the same lines Raikiri's post, it's a fair idea but you should give the optoin to do something else because it wouldn't be fair on people with bad hand writing or even learning difficulties, such as dyslexia.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hi gang, if you don't mind, I've got a topic for you all~

When creating your characters from a SU, what inspires you to make them? How do these characters usually turn out?

Well, what I meant by "inspiration", do you say...

make your characters from in real life people?
an anime?
or from a book?
or maybe a character that you can imagine that one day calls you a degenerate and you say: A degenerate, am I!? Well, you are a festisio!! See? I CAN MAKE UP WORDS TOO, SISTER!
or maybe just from your general imagination?

/well those are examples~

And from that inspiration that you (might) have, how do the characters you make usually act? eg. The characters that I make are usually eccentric, with a bit of energeticness, and sometimes general snobbishness/egotistical maniac...ness~

Eh, if my wording is a little...weird, please say so and I'll clearify some more. :3

Last edited:

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
Years
Well most of my characters are based on my friends or, if it is an RP where you play as a pokemon, I play as one of my favourite pokemon.

Also I was thinking of maybe making a pokemon ranger RP based in both Fiore and Almia. Or maybe a Super Smash Bros Brawl RP? But I don't know which to choose. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back