• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
WOW SO MUCH CHATTER ABOUT THAT GROUP LOL

meet me on FB SV and you die

A lotta good RPs are popping up... I gotta work on my SU for Plague though, for now. After that.. maybe. :D

The warden

I'm back!
Years

Um... you could make that all one RP, but set it in three towns. Then after those events conclude, you could make something bigger that explains why those three towns were all... attacked and all at the same time. It could be interesting :3

@-Nocturnal - Was I invited or did I just join? BECAUSE I AM NOT-...! ... ... ...Okay, I am horrible X3 I've only been RPing for a little more than a year... and I have come a ways I guess, but I'm not too great.
...I also think that the first RP I was ever in was one of the best, but I'm not tellin' anything more! Lol... that was a bit off topic XD

Well my idea was that they are either alternate time lines or stories about the town so despite being in the same setting they are not related(think higurashi), but tying the story lines together would be an interesting idea too.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
What's your favourite thing(s) about roleplaying?

Meeting new people and making new friends! ...Though honestly, anyone I've met here was already on my F-list or isn't, but Idk ^^; I also enjoy icon hunting for characters (LJ RP only) because it gives me practice with Photoshop! And it's fun making characters' appearances from scratch on Dreamself (Forum RP only). I honestly don't have a base in mind when I first come up with their appearance, so I go with what I think looks best!

By the way, I apologize to everyone for being terribly inactive. I've...honestly been feeling a bit unmotivated to Forum RP, though Idk why. I need motivation to post and telling me that I'll be booted out if I don't post soon doesn't count; in fact it just lessens my motivation furthermore. I might be able to post stuff by next week, but it all depends on if I can get the motivation back or not. I'm also easily distracted, so that doesn't help either, haha.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Why do I like Roleplaying? That's a tough one... Hm... Well, I love getting together with a lot of my friends and making stories. These stories are often very creative and rival many books I have read. XD And it's fun to see what other people come up with, and how they react to what I come up with. :D

Anyways, I'm going to advertise for my new RP: Pokemon MMO: Beta Testers. Here's the link:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=265210

In this RP, you play yourself beta testing a new virtual reality pokemon MMORPG. There are classes and everything for it. We have plenty of spots open, so come join! XD

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
What's your favourite thing(s) about roleplaying?

Damn... that's a hard one :B Well, almost everything. Writing, improving, meeting new people... there's too many things to list! :D

Nam

Years
What's your favorite thing(s) about Role-Playing?

Well, when I was younger, my step-brother and I would always play pretend. We sorta overgrew it and would be caught in embarrassing situations. In other words, we used to cosplay, but without the costumes. Then we discovered forums and this little section called "Role-Play Thread" (or corner). Let's just say, I fell in love with that area. Me watching all the anime that I do and have for years, and all of those video games. I've always wished life could be that exciting. I wished I could be a part of that world.

When you Role-Play you have freedom. You have the liberty to create your surroundings, go wherever you want to go and do whatever you want to do. You can be the bad guy, you can be the good guy, you can even be the innocent bystander that gets caught in the raucous.

I guess I could just play a game and pretend it's me in there; but it lacked something, it's always the same character, the same scenery, the same events, the same story. What if I want to play another version of the game? Like, keep everything but change the story and the characters? I guess I could learn game development, but that would take too long; while in RPs it only takes seconds. Another solution could be applying it in life, but most people go to jail for that.

I guess I love Role-Playing, because it's the most magical place I can think of.

Edit: If someone were to develop some kind of closed-stadium that functioned as a giant console, where a holographic world would unfold in front of you and you could play gladiator or some other game, acting as the main character. I'd be all over it. xP

Last edited:
Years
^ I just became blind...?

Well, I love roleplaying because I like writing and putting myself into different characters (or not xD). It's sometimes better than just writing a story, because you get to socialize with other players and there is very rare when you'll get a block, like writer's block. I don't think roleplayer's block even exists anywho. xD Roleplaying is so much better than gaming, usually. I mean I can get sick and tired from playing Pokemon but not really for RPs. That's basically the most of everything. o3o

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Why I enjoy RPing: Well, it is fun. Putting yourself in a myriad of scenarios is entertaining. It seems as if there is a RP for everyone around here. Also, the RPers here treat each other equally, which is something I really like, not like in G*** ***********! ( I'm not saying the name, even though it is obvious).

Now, onto other matters. I have created a new RP, The Council Revolt. In this scenario, you find yourself in a Far-off Nation called Harnendor. However, Harnendor has been plunged into a Civil war of sorts, the Khand Empire facing off against the collective Forces of Harnendor. However, there is a new factor in the war. The Nurn people, who posses certain powers that can change the entire war. JOIN IT OR DIE!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Haha, a lot of interesting RPs are popping up nowadays :D

I see the interview SU getting really famous :>

Anyways, a question. :P

What SU do you like more, the normal one, used in most RPs, or the interview one?

Nam

Years
What SU do you like more, the normal one, used in most RPs, or the interview one?

I gotta say the interview SU is pretty refreshing and new. But I think it actually depends on the Plot itself. So, I can't really pick favorites. For example: That Beta Testers RP. The interview SU matches it perfectly, you really are being invited to something. Also, it makes you feel like you can play this annonymous character if you'd like.

"What's your name? You can leave it blank if it seems too personal" (I think it went something like that.) I can leave it blank and no one will know my name. :P

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years

Depends really. I don't know if it's me but normally interview ones will need us to write in first person pov, and I kinda like third. But then, interviews are more interesting (and they look longer) so I can't really choose here.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Haha, a lot of interesting RPs are popping up nowadays :D

I see the interview SU getting really famous :>

Anyways, a question. :P

The Normal one. The interview one is dumb. To me, at least. Don't hate. :)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
And who do you think first brought up the interview one a while back?

I honestly do prefer the interview SU. Not only does it give you a chance to test out your character's voice, it makes it challenging to sway from the typical seven million paragraphs for the appearance, history, and personality sections. After all, would you want to bore someone to death with every little detail about how you look? :P Also, some people may find it hard to explain their character's background and personality throughly in typical SUs. As said, with interview SUs you aren't supposed to give every little detail.

A mixture of the two is also good. The interview can be like the RP Sample portion, ya know? One thing I've come to not like is when people ask for an RP Sample of yours from another RP. If you're playing a completely different character than that in the sample, then how will the GM really know how the character you're apping acts? Yes, they can look at the Personality and maybe History sections, but those are still generalizations.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
And who do you think first brought up the interview one a while back?

I honestly do prefer the interview SU. Not only does it give you a chance to test out your character's voice, it makes it challenging to sway from the typical seven million paragraphs for the appearance, history, and personality sections. After all, would you want to bore someone to death with every little detail about how you look? :P Also, some people may find it hard to explain their character's background and personality throughly in typical SUs. As said, with interview SUs you aren't supposed to give every little detail.

A mixture of the two is also good. The interview can be like the RP Sample portion, ya know? One thing I've come to not like is when people ask for an RP Sample of yours from another RP. If you're playing a completely different character than that in the sample, then how will the GM really know how the character you're apping acts? Yes, they can look at the Personality and maybe History sections, but those are still generalizations.

I guess a mixture of that would be in Underground :B

According to me, it depends on the RP. Applying for some position somewhere? That's where you can pull the Interview off well. But I like to make a SU in first person :D

Nam

Years
One thing I've come to not like is when people ask for an RP Sample of yours from another RP. If you're playing a completely different character than that in the sample, then how will the GM really know how the character you're apping acts? Yes, they can look at the Personality and maybe History sections, but those are still generalizations.

I don't think that's the purpose of RP Sample. The purpose is so the GM can know what your RPing level is; how well you write.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I...didn't think of that, honestly XD; But still, I think for RP Samples you should write a sample with the character you're apping. That way the GM can see how you write AND how your character acts and not have to wait for later!

...And now that I think about it, I have an idea for the RP I was working on last week (which hasn't made any new progress since I've been unmotivated and all, orz): What if I gave people a choice between using the Interview and "Normal" SU? For the Interview everything would be IC but for the "Normal" SU only the sample would be IC and everything else can be OOC.

Nam

Years
Whatever floats your boat. :P

Anyway, I don't think you have to post an RP Sample from another RP, strictly. If you want you can write one. But the point of it was actually to speed things up. I honestly think that finding out how another person's character acts during the RP is much more interesting and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back