• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I started since December 2010. I've my on and off periods of time and I have a tendency to vanish as and when I like. xD So if my maths doesn't fail me, I've been RPing for more than a year now~

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Ironically, I'm one of the newer roleplayers here. I used to have so much anxiety about roleplaying on forums. I've been here for almost half a year now, I think. c:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Erm.... I've been flitting in and out of this section for a while... since I joined in 2009 I think.... probably. I suck at remembering that stuff

What's your favorite thing about roleplaying?

I like being characters~ I like getting to take on these different roles and such. It's like trying on a new outfit which oddly enough I hate doing.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

Well I've always loved stories, both making them and consuming them, and I like how roleplaying is like that, creating a story, but with guidelines. It's also why I prefer doing chapter-based roleplays, as it's more your own story created within a setting and plot of someone else (:

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years

OMG I CAN'T DECIDE I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT EMM. Lol, it's true but the thing I totally like best, is probably what Fuyu said. I like to play different character's, ya know. I like how they always look different and i love to play there different personalities, like Spoiled and Naive. xD But then again, i do like to interact my character's with other's peeps character's, that's fun to! :D

OMG I CAN'T DECIDE!!!! :P

Last edited:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
How long have you been a roleplayer at PC?

Hmmm, if my memory serves right, I've been roleplaying here since November 2010. Despite that, I admit I'm a horrible roleplayer and is still in need of experience.

@Miss Doronjo What's your favorite thing about roleplaying?

I think it's the sense of accomplishment. It's quiet pleasant to read an RP whole: from the beginning till the ending. It's like reading a single story with different perspectives. But for that you need to keep writing and roleplaying.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmm, after some searching of this forum, it seems like my very first RP was slls81's A New Professor In Town back in June 2010 ^^ And I've disappeared now and then for a month or so, but I've always since then come back to this forum~

What TJ said in the post above mine. And, for chapter based journeys with levels, actually, the feeling of progress. Like in any game! I like to see the levels of my pokémon raise 8D but I also won't allow myself to write totally crappy posts just to gain levels. They must make for a good story still.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Lol choosing? Ehh... there's a lotta things I like about RPing. I get to write, I get to be somebody, portray different kinds of characters... really hard to choose. :]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Hmm, after some searching of this forum, it seems like my very first RP was slls81's A New Professor In Town back in June 2010 ^^ And I've disappeared now and then for a month or so, but I've always since then come back to this forum~

O hai I was in that too!
Although, I wasn't very good and I think I killed it.
EVERY RP I TOUCH DIES D:
In fact, there was only one RP I was ever in that finished, and that's because I was forced to drop out so I technically wasn't there to kill it!

This is confidential. You are not allowed to know becuase it is so confidential the one typing this is not even sure of it himself.
But if Miss Doronjo's in it, interacting with his characters immediately makes it worth it! xD

Y'know, I think sandbox RPs aren't allowed, but I've been wondering if one (perhaps dat Elder Scrolls one or something similar) could work? It could be awesomesauce fun, it just probably isn't allowed, lol.
/although you could pull a Pokemon Trainer Academy and actually put a plot in it, even if it doesn't pop up for a while, lol.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

O hai I was in that too!
EVERY RP I TOUCH DIES D:
In fact, there was only one RP I was ever in that finished, and that's because I was forced to drop out so I technically wasn't there to kill it!

This is confidential. You are not allowed to know becuase it is so confidential the one typing this is not even sure of it himself.
But if Miss Doronjo's in it, interacting with his characters immediately makes it worth it! xD

Y'know, I think sandbox RPs aren't allowed, but I've been wondering if one (perhaps dat Elder Scrolls one or something similar) could work? It could be awesomesauce fun, it just probably isn't allowed, lol.
/although you could pull a Pokemon Trainer Academy and actually put a plot in it, even if it doesn't pop up for a while, lol.
[/FONT]

GET OFF'A MAH RP

lol I doubt it's you who kill it unless you're saying you're a bad luck charm, in that case, INSTANT DENIED HAMMER BAM!

Sandbox RPs... too much work, imo. It becomes too complicated and cluttered if too many people join and get spread over large areas doing their own things. Plus no limitation of movement will eventually end up really crazy lol

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years

O hai I was in that too!
EVERY RP I TOUCH DIES D:

From what I know, Sandbox-like RP's are allowed. I've entertained the idea of one, I just don't have the time or effort.[/FONT]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

From what I know, Sandbox-like RP's are allowed. I've entertained the idea of one, I just don't have the time or effort.

Yeah, sandbox RPs... well, it would all depend on how it's managed. Several GMs that can play important NPCs and keep track of what players and characters really are in, would probably be necessary.

I could see Oblivion turned into something like that :3 Maybe not Oblivion though... Maybe I mean more like, take a country from the Elder Scrolls and throw in some kind of loose story that can unfold at the GM's selected pace, and then let the players loose. Somewhat. I'd play in Morrowind :D but I don't remember that Oblivion kingdom very well and I haven't even touched Skyrim yet, lol. /is not an Elder Scrolls nerd

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
Everyone! My RP got accepted and it would be great is people joined. Here's a link to it: Warriors. The RP's about the Warrior cat book series by Erin Hunter, I know the last Warrior RP didn't turn out well, but hopefully this one will. :) Thnx for ur time.

And to answer the question, I do all the time. xD Just keep re-loading the page on my profile and sometimes replying to stuff in the forums, checking out new stuff n'all, lol.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yeah, sandbox RPs... well, it would all depend on how it's managed. Several GMs that can play important NPCs and keep track of what players and characters really are in, would probably be necessary.

I could see Oblivion turned into something like that :3 Maybe not Oblivion though... Maybe I mean more like, take a country from the Elder Scrolls and throw in some kind of loose story that can unfold at the GM's selected pace, and then let the players loose. Somewhat. I'd play in Morrowind :D but I don't remember that Oblivion kingdom very well and I haven't even touched Skyrim yet, lol. /is not an Elder Scrolls nerd

Well, seeing as Oblivion is the only Elder Scrolls game I've played so far (and even then I'm not that far into it) then I'd be biased to make one like that, lol. But you could always make up your own country/whatever.
Have you noticed how much they mention Skyrim in Oblivion? A LOT. They're not the same place, are they? If not, then they must be right next to each other, 'cause Skyrim is on Oblivion's map. EDIT: Oh lookey dar, I managed to answer that for myself. It seems to be an "uh duh, herp derp" question once you get a full view of the map (and know the names of some of the locations in the other games, lol)

As for everyone spreading too far away from each other . . . you could either require that they not stray too far away, or make many events to bring them together. Either way, I think people would stay together anyways, at least most of the time. But, yes, multiple GMs would likely be required.

@The Warden - No, it's not just you, lol. I waste a lot of time staring at the screen with nothing happening. :P

Have you seen her, the woman in black? - I think I wants to see that, lol.

Oh, and yes Samartha Melon, I am a bad luck charm. HEAR ME RAWR!! >:U

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
[SIZE="a"]A sand box to would be nice. I'm down for throwing one together with anyone?[/SIZE]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Teehee

Though to be fair, part of that is because I never got the plot from the old GM :P Had to make my own.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years

Well, seeing as Oblivion is the only Elder Scrolls game I've played so far (and even then I'm not that far into it) then I'd be biased to make one like that, lol. But you could always make up your own country/whatever.
Have you noticed how much they mention Skyrim in Oblivion? A LOT. They're not the same place, are they? If not, then they must be right next to each other, 'cause Skyrim is on Oblivion's map. EDIT: Oh lookey dar, I managed to answer that for myself. It seems to be an "uh duh, herp derp" question once you get a full view of the map (and know the names of some of the locations in the other games, lol)

As for everyone spreading too far away from each other . . . you could either require that they not stray too far away, or make many events to bring them together. Either way, I think people would stay together anyways, at least most of the time. But, yes, multiple GMs would likely be required.

@The Warden - No, it's not just you, lol. I waste a lot of time staring at the screen with nothing happening. :P

Have you seen her, the woman in black? - I think I wants to see that, lol.

Oh, and yes Samartha Melon, I am a bad luck charm. HEAR ME RAWR!! >:U

An Elder Scrolls RP could contain mutliple provinces, and include some Aldmeri Dominion areas. See, what I was thinking is taking something from the great war (after Oblivion Crisis, before Civil War in Skyrim, 30 game years before Skyrim, LOL #ImaNERD!) or a second great war and using that as a backing and a way to keep a glue, yet not restricting them. The RPers could travel through multiple areas, maybe all at once, maybe one at a time, or some other system. Just an Idea. For something this big however, we would need a few GMs. Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back