• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wind, I've seen a spoof RP like that before, but I think people quickly lost interest. Dunno why, really, as it seemed fun ^^ I think the creator didn't have a plot thought up though.

As for the medieval RP, it sounds a bit big and complicated. But if you think you can make it work, you are welcome to try, of course.

There are many RPs up, but most ones are closed it seems. But there are more journey chapter RPs now than some weeks ago *likes*

But then, we'll make it known that there's a demand for more RPs like that... by saying it here ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm a bit nervous of trying to role play...

I tried it once when I was a lot smaller, but it was on Neopets and wasn't very detailed. It was pretty silly actually and most of the time you got ignored because so many people were posting at once.

I might give it a go though if I see something I like...

edit: Some of these roleplay threads scare the pants off me....people write so much and so well. I'm not sure if I'd have the confidence to write like that. :/ I'd probably waffle too much. :(

It would be nice to try and start though...develop my storytelling and english skills a bit while I'm at it..

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Don't be discouraged. Waffling along on description and such is a good thing when it comes to RP'ing since the whole point is to paint a picture with words while moving the plot ahead. That said, your grammar's generally fine, so I don't think you'd have much problem writing an extended piece, no?

*cough*To anyone else interested in my steampunk RP, signups are still open.*cough* <-- Blatant advertising.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm a bit nervous of trying to role play...

I tried it once when I was a lot smaller, but it was on Neopets and wasn't very detailed. It was pretty silly actually and most of the time you got ignored because so many people were posting at once.

I might give it a go though if I see something I like...

edit: Some of these roleplay threads scare the pants off me....people write so much and so well. I'm not sure if I'd have the confidence to write like that. :/ I'd probably waffle too much. :(

It would be nice to try and start though...develop my storytelling and english skills a bit while I'm at it..
You have to start somewhere :) There are many RPs that don't demand a whole essay or novel for each post. For instance, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon RPs here generally seem to revolve around shorter posts. I love to develop my English skills by typing longer posts though!

Just, read the rules. At least one paragraph of 3-4 lines is necessary for the story in the RP to not be completely lost in all the dialogue. Don't make posts with a single line. But I don't think you would have any trouble with that.

And don't worry, we aren't dangerous here~:3

NatureKeeper

I know somebody have noticed this and maybe posted about it, but there are a hell lot of Mystery Dungeon ones, and everything is explorers of something and something else. I won't be surprised with Explorers of Pepsi and Explorers of Coca Cola now, to be honest. People are running out of ideas, it seems.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
It's not that they're necessarily running out of ideas. PMD RPs are very popular because the idea of playing as a Pokemon is appealing to a lot of people. As for the titles, well the games are really to blame. However, I do agree that the titles themselves can be a little lame and repetitive, along with the plots.

I'd actually like to see a PMD RP that isn't centered around "You've joined a new guild set out to stop so-and-so".

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
As long as there is a demand for a certain kind of RP, there will be those kinds of RPs. Naturally ^^

Don't be afraid of trying new things though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh well, it's a good thing there are people who create new ideas and new RPs and dare to try them out :)

But still, if people wants generic RPs (I know I like basic journey RPs still~) I see nothing wrong with letting them see the light. As long as they are not too plain or unorganized.

Years
I have made a mistake in RPing. I have joined like, 500,00 (something like that :P) RPs.
I don't know what to do - quitting some, I don't know which ones though - and I hardly know which ones I've joined
D::(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have made a mistake in RPing. I have joined like, 500,00 (something like that :P) RPs.
I don't know what to do - quitting some, I don't know which ones though - and I hardly know which ones I've joined
D::(
That's something one has got to learn ^^ A good thing might be to not sign up for several RPs at the same time. Wait and see how much time you have and if it feels ok, you can maybe join another one. Then wait again etc.

And you can look in the leftmost column in the board page to see what threads you've posted in. Those threads have got a little marker of some kind on the icon, at least they should have.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Are the any open roleplays right now (preferably Pokemon)? I've been stalking this place for a good few days though, but everytime I come around, it seems all the Roleplays I'm interested in are closed. Though the PMD roleplays seem fun, I'm more keen towards doing a journey roleplay, since it's been a looong time since I've even roleplayed a trainer (or roleplayed on a forum at all really).

Maybe I'm just having bad luck? xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Looks like all the Pokemon in the second one is taken, so I'm assuming it's closed. If I knew Who enough I would try to bribe her, but it being my first roleplay in a long while, I'm not too sure. XD; I'll look over the first one though and see if it's to my interest.

I would attempt making a roleplay myself, but before I do that I want to get comfortable with forum roleplaying again.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Oh well, it's a good thing there are people who create new ideas and new RPs and dare to try them out.

But still, if people wants generic RPs (I know I like basic journey RPs still~) I see nothing wrong with letting them see the light. As long as they are not too plain or unorganized.
Of course, I wasn't refuting your statement. I was just remarking on what the people want isn't generally what the people need, if you can consider creativity a need. Take for instance, Coke. People want coke. The CC company supplies Coke. This, however, reduces the market for other carbonated drinks. Maybe the other carbonated drinks are better, but most people would rather stick to a tried-and-tested drink rather than try something new which has the possibility of being bland. So yeah, absolutely, people should dare to try new things, as you've said.

Years
I've estimated that my Journey RP would be completed by latest end of March. Hopefully it would be earlier, cos I can't wait to start my very own journey RP but I know I've too wait as I want my RP to be of quality and not rushed and not very well-planned. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sounds like you're putting a lot of effort into the new region and all. I'm looking forward to seeing that RP at last~

Another thing I've been thinking about. Don't you think we should have a Roleplay Of The Month or something like that? Might inspire people to put more effort up into their plots and posts.

There could be categories like Best Roleplay (overall), Best Plot, Best Game Master, Best Player and maybe Best Opening Post. And I guess all members who have posted at least once in the Roleplay Corner are allowed to vote.

Thoughts? This is only an idea, and it's up to you RPers to decide if it's even worth thinking about ^^

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
Thats actually a fantastic ides RHCP.
Although maybe GMs shouldn't be allowed to vote on their own threads, just like a technicality or something.
And BinaryPeaches, my Plague Roleplay is open, just put up an SU and once I accept it [i'm normally pretty quick about that since i've been OCD about this site for about a month now] you can just start posting.

Its actually gotten a little insane, but I actually find that sorta fun though =P

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Those sound like great ideas!
It would at least stop a few RPs from dying.
So, yeah, that should be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back