• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
I've started to work on one, deciding to go just Elder Scrolls, although a combination with Pokemon sounds like a brilliant idea. If everybody works on one and gets them all accepted we could have some sort of event to see who made the best Elder Scrolls RP. Now THAT I would like to see!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
TES x Elder Scrolls? Tell me more :3
But okay, I'm also curious to see what your other RP is in the meantime.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Ok, decided to put my Elder Scrolls themed rp into the setting of Oblivion, and I've figured out how they would level up most skills. But I'm not sure about how they would level up acrobatics, athletics or sneak. I originally thought they could just use it a lot and consult a GM about it, to see if they can level it up. But that might just get too annoying after a while. Especially Athletics and Acrobatics, which in Oblivion was just running, swimming and jumping. Anybody got any good ideas that could help me out here?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I would potentially join an ES RP, however I have only played Skyrim...unless that is all that is required.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Elder Scrolls? :0 I've played Oblivion and Skyrim only, but I've spent an unhealthy amount of time in the lore section of the wiki XD I'd join one, but I would potentially have to drop one of my current roleplays. One might die by then (Dear Arcues don't let that happen!), so I'm a prime candidate.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
What kind of character names do you prefer?

If you look at my signature, it you can tell I prefer Japanese-ish names, although I've had several characters with English names, like Damian Lewis, or Malik Grizz.

EDIT: Guys, don't feel creeped out if you see my name pop up on your Recent Visitors list. I tend to stalk people to see what they're doing...Watching...Always......Watching...................watching.......................................................always

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

I think half the characters I've ever created has been called Scyke lol

Except that I normally call them normal English names, nothing fancy.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

Either I have them have spanish surnames OR I give them Victorian/Steampunk names... sometimes both :D
What can I say, I'm a Spain/Steampunk fanboy x3

Years
I'd be interested in a TES rp, but I think a more independent story arc would be better given the open world to mine ideas from.

Oh, and to anyone who might recognize me from about a year ago, Hi :D

Years

Most of my character names have some sort of meaning to them, otherwise I just choose names that seem to fit the character or that generally sound cool.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

I usually use Japanese ones because I somehow like them. I tend to use Celtic names as well or names like "April". The last names of my characters are always Japanese except for Lucina's last name, which is Irish.

Yeah… d: that's it I guess.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I have a topic for y'all:

Honestly, I try to avoid a name if it isn't relative to my character. Like, a white American male character shouldn't be called "Satoshi Miyazuki" unless there's a really good reason behind it. And I'm not gonna name my hardcore Russian dude "Robert Smith", unless, again, there's a good reason behind it.

Most of the time, their name depends on a personality, or visa versa. A tough character is going to have a bold name like Harley or Ruby whereas a reserved character might have a softer name like Lucy or Sarah.

Last names, I always pick what flows well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't have any specific thoughts when it comes to names. Except that I most often want pretty unique and weird names :] Jun Toledo, Alabaster whatshisname, Agnes (there aren't too many Agnes in the RPC okay). Something I can remember them by and hopefully be remembered by other players as well. Rather than Jim Watson or Hikari Masuki or something that doesn't really stand out imo.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I generally pick names that you don't hear often but you wouldn't think twice about if you heard (Rin Shavi, Mako Reese, Regal Gemini). I don't go out of my way to make them unique or obscure, though; my goal is generally just to give them a name that flows. And also one that fits, for the most part, though the naming usually happens before I even have my character thought up.

Well, except in the SAO RPs, but those are a special case.

Actually, mind if I throw in another question?
How do you feel about major, player-created NPCs in an RP? Do you ever create any? Can you name some notable ones?

I ask this because I generally go crazy with NPCs in RPs (though I'm not really sure if it bothers anybody). They generally make solo-RPing and storytelling so much fun. Though I've noticed that a lot of times I tend to go the Sister/Daughter route with things; my female NPC list FAR outweighs my male one. But I think that having NPCs can add a lot to an RP, both for the creator as well as the other members.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
How do you feel about major, player-created NPCs in an RP? Do you ever create any? Can you name some notable ones?
These are important characters. They can be used to serve all sorts of purposes from menial labor to fighting alongside your character to anything else.
In a previous RP I played the part of an intergalactic bar owner.
Being an intergalactic bar it was important for me to have employees, five hundred employees. Five hundred holographic bunny girls, actually. And not just any holograms- touchable and intractable holograms! 4 of which had identifiable personalities.
Also, can't have a bar without a bartender. Sam. Sam was a staple in the RP. Always ready to serve whatever the patron asked for, you knew you could count on him. He was so important that he even got a name, and players talked about him and the things he did.
And what's an intergalactic space bar without an evil robotic mind controlling all of the futuristic tech?
Yep, I had one of those too. It was obsessed with keeping my character alive and nearby. It would even go so far as to maim or cripple my character in order to keep her there. Its primary job was to make sure the holographic bunny girls operated correctly, which it did fairly well - but controlling 500 people can be tiring, and can lead your super-advanced intergalactic space bar computer down a one way road to insanity!

TL;DR - Major NPCs are crucial!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

I use them A LOT just to make things fun. Esspecially in the RP's that I GM I tend to trow in a lot of NPC's. In Youkai Academy I even made a list to keep track on them d:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I'm back although I was only sorta gone. Anyway, on to the matter at hand:

Name question:
When I start creating a character, nationality is very important to me. Typical customs, beliefs, all that good stuff influences my decisions. Anyway, once I've finished their backstory, I consult a random name generator and make it generate names of the nationality I want for them. I'll take note of the names that I like the sound of and look up their meanings. The one that suits the character I have created most wins! This doesn't work so easily in pokemon RPs or ones where there isn't an earth though, in which case I skip the to the last two steps.

NPC question:
I love 'em. I could list all sorts of reasons for that. They help spice up your character's personal story and help said character develop, they let you post when there isn't anyone available to interact, they can serve as a bridge for others' characters to interact with your own, etc. I use them a lot and I wouldn't do it any other way.

No especially notable ones thus far, but I do feel the need to mention one in specific in Youkai Academy. I joined it very early on upon my return to PC and thought it would be better for me to make a simple character. At some point, I started getting bored with him because he ended up being too simple and the novelty of his unawareness and obliviousness wore off. Thus, I created Luthas. An intelligent and gentlemanly sort of foil for my uninformed and primitive Yorick. Creating interactions between them was a blast and planning an entire situation revolving around Luthas and strongly involving Yorick gave me new insight as to how to develop and expand upon Yorick.

So TL;DR, NPCs are good for you. (Yes, I'm copying you, mucus)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Myself and Sir Bastian have an Avatar-style roleplay on the way! Set after Avatar Korra has passed - there's a new avatar and some familiar enemies.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
We definitely have! Prepare your butts for some amazing bending action! I can't wait for us to get started with it, I've been waiting a long time for an Avatar setting for an RP :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back