• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like ideas 1 and 3 most, Grif of Hearts. It would be nice seeing a proper adventurer-adventure so to speak, where the GM plans a lot but allows for interaction and personal development throughout the story. And maybe there would be some chances to influence the exact path of the plot too even though the ending might be planned out already. Though maybe have a couple of endings prepared for different choices by the players? :3

The third option would probably require more work by the GM and might essentially be like 1 but with different parties for the players. It could be pretty fun to play as two opposing forces that meet from time to time. Many other RPs have done that from what I've seen and it usually works well.

Years
I'd like to chip in that A) That seems a really interesting concept and I plan to jump on it when it eventually starts and B) Option 1 seems the best to me.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I like ideas 1 and 3 most, Grif of Hearts. It would be nice seeing a proper adventurer-adventure so to speak, where the GM plans a lot but allows for interaction and personal development throughout the story. And maybe there would be some chances to influence the exact path of the plot too even though the ending might be planned out already. Though maybe have a couple of endings prepared for different choices by the players? :3

The third option would probably require more work by the GM and might essentially be like 1 but with different parties for the players. It could be pretty fun to play as two opposing forces that meet from time to time. Many other RPs have done that from what I've seen and it usually works well.

1 and 3 are fairly typical of roleplays from personal experience. 2 was an idea I had seen work quite recently and it gave me a couple of ideas on how to implement it into Heart Stealer. If the majority prefers the more traditional roleplay then I have no qualms focusing on that style instead though. Of course the players would have a significant impact on the plot but it's hardly a story if you don't have a beginning, middle and end planned out. ^^ I have my ideas but nothing's set in stone.

Mind you the first and last are very similar. The only difference is that the two groups can work independently from the get-go and might have very different starting goals. That's not to say that a group that starts off large couldn't split later on but it's more a starting point than anything else.

I'd like to chip in that A) That seems a really interesting concept and I plan to jump on it when it eventually starts and B) Option 1 seems the best to me.

Got it.

Thanks for the opinions, you two!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
So, a while back I had an RP called Pokemon Fallout (M). It was like, edgiest RP 2012 or something. I'm thinking of reviving it in the form of a sequel sometime in the future, mostly because I feel like it didn't get a fair shot at completion due to me being forced away from PC for a month or two.

To sum up the plot:
After N's and Ghetsis' defeat a handful Team Plasma admiring scientists continued fighting to seperate people and pokemon in spite of N's total reform. To avoid being stopped by some ten year old they did this in complete secrecy under the guise of studying the bond between humans and pokemon while in reality trying to find ways to break it.

They succeed, unleashing a memetic super virus that spread quickly and infected pokemon world-wide. It completely stopped Pokemon from being able to bond with humans on any level, causing them to rebel against their trainers and more readily turn aggressive. This caused society to basically collapse in on itself because it had been relying on Pokemon for practically everything including food and electricity. It also enraged Arceus, whom removed Pokemon from the planet entirely by calling their spirits back to its plane of existence where they would be freed from the virus' mind altering effects.

The RP takes place 100 years after the virus infected pokemon, meaning nobody from that time period is still alive, and the location is the Sinnoh region. A mass extinction has taken place primarily as a result of the sheer lack of food and law has collapsed in on itself meaning that survival is a big deal. Arceus has taken pity on humanity however and brought Pokemon back in a new form, one immune to the super virus. Children from ages 10-13 experience a supernatural feeling of being drawn to the peak of mt. Coronet, where the spirit of a pokemon fuses with them. They gain the powers and some characteristics of said pokemon as a result. In return, Arceus asks that they tame the gritty world their ancestors left them.

It was however an extreme sandbox, and RPers were allowed to choose to obey Arceus and work to purge the evil from the world or flat out play antagonists if the so chose.

Now my question is, if I revive it what should I change? I'm looking for food for thought and I want to gather opinions. I'd also like to know who is interested.

Things I've already decided on:
1. Gen 6 pokemon will obviously be included this time.
2. A relatively short but noteworthy timeskip to allow for some changes to the overworld and to make it a smoother transition from the old RP.

Things I'm considering:
1. Should I revive it as a journey RP instead of a sandbox RP? I always got the feeling in the original that people wanted more direction and I'm willing to accomodate the idea depending on how popular is.
2. Who should be helping me GM it? A co-GM is an invaluable tool towards providing stability to the RP.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
YELLOW MIS YELLOW THE FABULOUS YELLOW. I loved that rp so much, and would be amazed if you brought it back. And to answer your questions, I would prefer a journey rp, more or less, because sandbox didn't give me much to go on. For your second one I'm not terrific at being gm but if no-one else wants to or you specifically want me for some reason I'd be happy to help.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
1. Should I revive it as a journey RP instead of a sandbox RP? I always got the feeling in the original that people wanted more direction and I'm willing to accomodate the idea depending on how popular is.

Firstly, the RP in general seems like a pretty brilliant idea :) Is the title any reference to the game series, or...?

Don't know about GMing, but I think instead of going fully one-or-the other with journey/sandbox, happy mediums are the way to go. Maybe journey to locations that are essentially mini-sandboxes, perhaps a sandbox world with a journey that people can hop on-and-off of like a slow-moving train, you know. Meeting ideas half-way to get the best of both worlds never seems like a bad idea to me, so if you can accommodate for all kinds of players, DO IT :P

Might consider joining, though I'm hesitant with joining anything because I don't have any real idea what my RP capacity is.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@DemonicWolf: You and I should get in touch outside of PC if you want to help GM. (Preferably via Skype?) I need to be able to sit down and talk with you about important decisions if that's the route I decide to go. I'm glad to hear you were such a fan though!

@Machomuu: I know what you mean. I really did notice that people seemed lost in the old one and this is the perfect opportunity for me to change things like that. Right now I'm honestly leaning towards that. I just need to get more opinions and chew on them for a bit before I make a decision.

@True Epicness: I'm a very friendly RPer and GM. I would heavily encourage you to give it a shot. The only reasons I ever start losing my patience with people is if I see they're driving other people crazy somehow.

Also, no--I hadn't played any Fallout game at the time of Pokemon Fallout's creation. It was more just a play on words. The premise is a fallout from Pokemon. (I had some very confused people that were surprised when I told them there was plenty of vegetation life left.)

@Everyone: OH! One last thing I was thinking of. Should I include other regions?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, those that paid attention may have noticed the Zelda RP closing down. I'm sure there are some out there thinking "Pff, typical Dusk" right? Yeah, maybe, but I have plenty of reasons for this. For one, it's starting to dawn on me that PC might just not need a Zelda RP. But in addition to this, I've made a number of plans for the future, one of which I'm working on immediately. I've had an RP idea in mind for quite some time now, and have chosen to put it into fruition. So, without further ado, here's a sneak peak!

Oh yeah, and if this gains enough intrigue, maybe I'll let out more teasers.

SOULBOND
An Alternate Take on the Pokémon World

168.png

"Pokémon. No one knows where they came from, or why. And no one questions it. In times long past, our great ancestors discovered the Forest of Spirits, where the first Pokémon were said to have originated. Since then, Fuchsia City became the start of many individuals' journeys. It didn't take long for a tradition to form; Children, from ages five to ten, are sent into the Forest of Spirits alone, to find their Pokémon with whom they are spiritually connected to. Pokémon and Humans seem to have a special bond, which we've named 'Soulbond'."

"Scientists have done their best to research this mysterious bond, but cannot figure out just why it happens. We do know that pain is shared between the Human and Pokémon, and that we can speak with them through our thoughts. It sounds amazing, right? It would be, if everyone had a Soulbond. Some people simply don't have Soulbonds, meaning not everyone has a Pokémon ally. As of late, though, some questionable characters in black and red garb have started showing up in Fuchsia and causing trouble..."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Sounds very interesting indeed Dusk. And I'm afraid since some of my current rp's (*cough yours*) are dying then I can certainly make room for this concept. Interested.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Soulbound does sound like an interesting idea. Kinda reminds me of ReBurst without the actual rebursting bit, if you know what I mean.

Well, myself I had an idea for a RP of my own and here is a message I sent to gimmiepie to see what he thought of it. And before anyone says it, yes it does sound like the jewelry heist from GTA V, and I swear I totally forgot about that when thinking about this idea haha.

Basically, I've always thought of having a rp which is short, straight to the point, doesn't require much depth and doesn't rely on an already made franchise. And so I came up with this.

The roleplay itself will be called The Worst Robbery Known To Mankind, or something along those lines. The basic concept is that the rp will have around 8-10 rpers, and they will be all be robbers. The setting is at a jewelry store at some generic location and it'll all begin right before the actual robbery. The main aim of the rp is to make everything as ridiculous as possible; the GMs would step in at random times with random problems which would be improvised with whatever the posters put in their writing. Meanwhile, there will be NPC hackers working in the background, and the rpers can interact with them. Their personal motives for why they are there stealing stuff in the first place will be in their SUs. The action and writing should be fast paced and the story will end when the whole robbery either becomes a success or a failure. It's just a rough idea for now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes Scyke, please make that RP! It would be so much fun, haha, I'd instajoin. Maybe we do need some lighter style RPs here, rather than the usual stuff requiring months of activity.

Me and Shawn have been submitting a Christmas RP by the way, which is kind of a short and non-deep story as well actually. It takes place at a party on Christmas eve, where players can take the role of their favorite (or least favorite, idk haha) characters from the pokémon world and just generally play it out against each other. Chatting, dancing, battling, HUGGING, you name it. It's only meant to be a fun thing around Christmas time, so I hope you all will join and spread some Christmaslove! Maddy hinted that it would be up later today ;D

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
So now that I'm done with exams, I was thinking of finally posting my RP but it occurred to me that heretostay123 seemed really busy and that I'd need another GM for it. Anyone interested in helping out?

If you guys re-need the summary, I'd be happy to post it!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
So now that I'm done with exams, I was thinking of finally posting my RP but it occurred to me that heretostay123 seemed really busy and that I'd need another GM for it. Anyone interested in helping out?

If you guys re-need the summary, I'd be happy to post it!

What Roleplay is this? (post it)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Posted since October so I obviously worked on it some more in my spare time and the co-GM will have my newer work. But the basics are still the same.

Spoiler:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Hmmm looks really interesting... anyways how would the actual rping plot go? Would all the characters fight against the robots or what?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
So many Roleplays that are about to pop on the forums...
This must be what a true Christmas miracle is like.

@GrifofHearts. I just wanted to say I second options one and three, although what Rika said is just about what I'd say about them :P

@Dusk. It sounds like Pokemon Conquest (and, by extension, Sacred Fire/Divine Water) in the aspect of bonding with Pokemon, Not like it's a bad thing. All the opposite, in fact! It sounds intriguing, and could definitely have some potential.

@Scyke'd. OMG yes. I love seeing silly bank robberies, so turning one into a short, sheet RP could work. Yeah, I also agree with Adventure, we needs more RPs that are short and to-the-point. So I say you should definitely go ahead with it.

@Rika. Did somebody just say HUG?
Neat! I like it! Especially the hugging part. Although that's everything I can say that is somewhat constructive xD

@JNathan. Same as Apollo. How do you Buster Warrior in Buster Warriors? :o

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yep, that is exactly the inspiration behind it, though it's going to be much different. Considering the feedback, I might tease it some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back