• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Great Scott, you're right!

In fact, it may just be the perfect double-entendre for an RP about stealing! So many prison bathroom and soap-dropping jokes!

But Scyke'd was just talking about cherries...
Right? D:

All jokes aside, tho. The idea itself and plot overall seem very intriguing, and here's hoping it all works out on your extravaganza :3

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
But Scyke'd was just talking about cherries...
Right? D:

All jokes aside, tho. The idea itself and plot overall seem very intriguing, and here's hoping it all works out on your extravaganza :3

I was, until I Google'd the name and realised what it meant. /sigh

Might have to change the name a little now aha. Though Kranic's reasoning does make me think otherwise. hmm

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Pleeeaaase keep it. You accidentally stumbled upon the single most winning-est title for an RP of all time ever.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oooh? Cherry popping now!? This forum is getting very lax I see! :3 Hehe, all the better for me now since we have our first official rp of that calibur! *Wink wink* I see what you are actually trying to push Scyke'd and I agree whole heartedly with it!

Besides... She's my cherry pie! Cool drink of water such a sweet surprise!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
This forum is getting very lax I see!

Well, considering Sycke'd started it - with his nature, I'm not surprised.

And hey, it means something that it doesn't mean but does in some way, yay... uh, I don't know what things mean. Apparently I've preserved some of my childhood innocence, after all. How'd that happen? On the subject, also, the premise of this thing is reminding me of a load of Let's Plays I've watched of Payday. In the sense that people are trying to pull off some kind of heist, but a lot of them are probably going to be idiots.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Cherry Poppin' Daddies?? Zoot Suit Riot?? No????

I think the title is quirky, as long as nobody goes too out of hand with the jokes. d:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Quite possibly. Would you set it in the Real World or in a fantasy place ala Gotham or Star City?

I'm not really sure... If people wanted their characters to defend individual cities i think it would be easier to set it in the real world buut i dunno what do yall think it would be better as?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'm not really sure... If people wanted their characters to defend individual cities i think it would be easier to set it in the real world buut i dunno what do yall think it would be better as?

Creating a unique setting is always fun. It also gives you the opportunity to make something huge and interesting. Gotham, for example, is a large, technologically advanced metropolis that's riddled with crime. It's a relatively small area, being a single city and some surrounding places, but it has vast potential.

So, something like that could be fun.
Or you could do real.
Or both. I mean, comics do both. Gotham and Metropolis for Batman and Superman, respectively, but then you have characters like Nightwing, Green Lantern, Killer Frost, Deathstroke and the Teen Titans that have operated out of New York at some point or other. (At least in DC. Marvel has similar situations, and a lot more people in New York. >.>;)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Depends of whether you would like yourself or the RPers to create "their" cities. Real World just makes it a ton easier as you have the setting already vastly mapped out for you. It only takes a couple minutes of research to get the general idea of a city. Then again, IRL locations, it's easy enough to set up your own places and business. All boils down to what you would like to do.

Also check out Atlantis Awakening, Skymin and I have set it IRL, with many of the cities and locations where they would be present, but we also have our own buildings like the faction HQs set up that don't necessarily exist IRL.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright, I've gave my RP idea about a robbery more thought over the past few days and I've developed it a little more, but I would still like some comments and feedback on it, since I want it to be perfect when I finish making it, hehe.

Anyway, the RP itself will now be called "The Cherry Pop Extravaganza", with the reasons I'll mention later. The setting will also change from a normal jewelry store into something a lot more complex like maybe a museum, where the main objective for the RPers would be to acquire an expensive piece to sell in the black market. Because of this the story itself will be much longer since participants will have to get past several guards and stuff before reaching the goal and then get out the museum alive. The amount of RPers in the roleplay will probably go down to around 6, since having a large amount of people to steal one thing and go unnoticed would probably be unrealistic. Actual plot-wise I haven't done much yet, but I plan to make a whole plan of a museum with marks to point out where the guards are so that you can plan your writing with full knowledge of the surroundings.

Now, why is it called "The Cherry Pop Extravaganza"? Because, as already said in my previous post I'll try having several GMs so that all of us can put in mini-twists and all sorts of other stuff so that the scenes are exciting and dynamic, because I want this RP to be short and action-filled. That's why it's an "extravaganza"; but what about the "Cherry Pop" bit? Because, to keep their identities safe from any intruders, all the robbers and anyone involved have assigned themselves with codenames relating to a food, and the robbery itself received the name "Cherry Pop", hence the name of the title.

I'm really excited for this concept and so I want it to go right, so any help or queries would be more than appreciated. Thanks for reading!
That's one of the best things I've read in a while. Please make this happen soon. And lax RPC is cozy RPC <3

EDIT: also we would like some more players for the Christmas RP. It's likely not a long term obligation, so hop onto it? :3

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Hi guys. Unova: Dark Days is desperately in need of RPers. (By 'desperately' I mean it's been inactive for four days.) So if anyone is interested in a dark pokemon RP then I think you would love it.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Pokémon Fallout
(Part Two)

5lnqk7x.png

A post-apocolyptic pokemon roleplay set in the Sinnoh region where kids fuse with their pokemon instead of commanding them, coming to the Roleplay Corner soon. Join a resistance movement to protect the world from one of Arceus' chosen gone wrong and her cult in their quest to 'purge' the world of what remains of humanity. Travel far and wide, fighting for survival or justice. Only the most basic things are set in stone to provide for a truly dynamic story where you and your character can work for an ending -you- want. Will you stop Arceus' Bane from destroying humanity, or will their ideals captivate your mind and change your heart? Will you drag humanity out of the hole it has been digging ever deeper for itself over a century or will you shove it over the brink of destruction?

This is Pokemon; it's dark, but not quite grim. Pokemon Fallout (Part Two) is an ambitious roleplay attempting to blend the freedom of sandbox with the structure of a journey RP; I want you to help make it a success by joining up as soon as you can.​

Anyone who wants to start working on their SU early simply let me know and I'll send you a copy of the SU template. (VMs or PMs would be ideal for getting my attention.)

@Skymin: Pokemon Fallout part 2 is ready to submit, but I kind of don't want it to open right on Christmas while everyone is too busy enjoying their new stuff. If I submit it now, do you think it'll take long enough to be approved to put a fair week or so between it and Christmas Day? If not, would you rather me withhold it until later or would it be easy enough for you to just delay approving it until later?

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Um....Hello! I'm interested in starting on some RP here... I have read the guidelines and rules countless times over,so now i'm curious what to do next...
Welcome to the RPC! Next, you should check out the accepted-thread here or the library here and see if there are any RPs you would like to join. You could also just browse the Roleplay Lounge here manually and look for nice RPs with open spots. Maybe have a look at the corresponding IC thread if the RP has started already, to see what it's like in action. Then, just sign up by filling out the sheet presented in the RPs first post, and hope to be accepted :3 You can always come back to this discussion thread and chat it out and get help and hints from all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back