• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I might be biased, but I still think the RP corner was busier and more vibrant back in 2008 when I first joined than it is now. That's not to say that the RP corner hasn't improved recently, it's certainly in a better state than it was at the end of 2009/most of last year. I think this 'Age of Silence' pretty much covers that period.

From what I remember of the RP corner a few years back, it was pretty much a flavour of the month type system. You'd get periods where 5 or 6 Mystery Dungeon RP's would crop up at the same time, followed by a series of adventure RP's. Oh, and not to forget the monthly attempt by someone to set up a pokemon school/academy RP which would invariably die before sign up were even filled :P
THE POKEMON SCHOOLS! I was in maybe one RP back then but those were awful, but only because they were all the same. But it seems like the "Silent" periods have the most detailed and best written RP's. Take the original "Path Between Light and Darkness" or "Uprising" those were really well written. But this was also back when Alter Ego was mod. She was alot less active than RHCP though. At least towards the end of her reign.

AE V.S. RHCP!!!!

Nostalgia of PMD!!! *drinks in* X3
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! don't get any ideas. PMD started one-liners, kinda, because they required teams which generated short back and forth posts.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
Rika is a lot nicer and more friendly than Alter, if you ask me ^_^ /though I also got to know Rika better thanks to the late PokeSupe fanclub and Other Trivia

I think a PMD RP can work out really well if one person plays a whole team. But Idk; I think I only tried to join one once but it died before it even started XD;

Also, I'm thinking of making an RP in the near future, but Idk what I want exactly. It'll be Pokemon since I know Pokemon best, but I dunno.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
THE POKEMON SCHOOLS! I was in maybe one RP back then but those were awful, but only because they were all the same. But it seems like the "Silent" periods have the most detailed and best written RP's. Take the original "Path Between Light and Darkness" or "Uprising" those were really well written. But this was also back when Alter Ego was mod. She was alot less active than RHCP though. At least towards the end of her reign.

AE V.S. RHCP!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! don't get any ideas. PMD started one-liners, kinda, because they required teams which generated short back and forth posts.

Ah, Path to Light and Darkness, I believe, was the only RP that I was ever declined for ;_;
The most successful RP I've ever been in... Well, I know ONE of them was on another website... 50 pages in maybe a month. On this website? I'm not sure :S

The only mods I knew were Michaela and Red... I never saw Alter Ego, but I did join during their reign.

And, fortworth, there's a nostalgia fest going on, try again later X3

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Rika is a lot nicer and more friendly than Alter, if you ask me ^_^

Also, I'm thinking of making an RP in the near future, but Idk what I want exactly. It'll be Pokemon since I know Pokemon best, but I dunno.

Agreed!

That sounds like me, I never follow through though.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Alter Ego scared me for some reason X___X

I was frequently rejected from any RPs Alter Ego, Loki and I think Mika (I am not sure about that one) were in. Killed my inspiration to join any RPs for some time. That was back when Other Roleplay existed...so I would say around the Age of Silence. I was a noob so maybe thats why they rejected me XP

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
@Raikiri, haha yeah, she always denied my RP's when i sent them in, but it did help me to improve them.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I somehow managed to get into one of Mika's RPs when I was a n00by RPer. But then I screwed a heck a lot of stuff up and all the other members got mad at me. When she declined me in her next RP I felt incompetent. ...Yeah, I don't have much self confidence ^^;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I somehow managed to get into one of Mika's RPs when I was a n00by RPer. But then I screwed a heck a lot of stuff up and all the other members got mad at me. When she declined me in her next RP I felt incompetent. ...Yeah, I don't have much self confidence ^^;

Ah, that's why we must try to be nice to the n00bs of the world. So be nice to me, I can still be n00bish at times XD lol, JK... For the most part XP

I've just discovered why caramel apples and floating cat hairs don't mix -.-'

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Ya, I only started RPing here when Michaela became Mod. The only roleplay I was declined from is Broken xD.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
I'm kind of picky about who I accept in to my role-plays. I like long well thought out posts and I decline someone if they can't provide a decent sign-up. :/ I'm not afraid to kick people out either, and I started my role-playing days back when Loki was still a mod.

Years
I've never actually been a RP master before, but I agree with the above. I'm picky when I can be. Very picky.

On a completely random note. I love Yuukihimes's signature. Legit.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Whoa, nostalgia party going on!

I remember being afraid of the RP sections here back in 08 and 09. Arian and Emma used to go there and got high post counts from chit-chatting in the OOC threads while the rest of us mostly posted in Other Trivia and didn't get any higher post count at all xD I didn't want to try RPing because I didn't understand the system and didn't want to seem nooby /lame person

I started RPing on other forums in -10 (after one or two months away from PC) and started chatting around in the Pokémon Roleplay section here, trying to live up the place... before Michaela was modded I think. Yeah, because I remember noticing when the eerie RP section got a new mod and finally started accepting new RPs again xD kind of.

And then came the Age of the One-Liners. Let's not talk about that any more than necessary /kills something

And then came a brilliant age that was the spring of -11 :3 I really enjoyed modding here. And then I was gone for a month and now I hope that we'll still make this an active and relatively qualitative place.

>> REMEMBER to REPORT any one-liners you see, immediately! And if you see a person repeatedly making two or three-liners, report one of the posts there as well. Thank you.

As for accepting RPs that don't have the longest or most advanced plot or the most literate GM... My opinion is that everyone has to start somewhere and that the atmosphere in the Roleplay Corner is and should be rather forgiving and helpful, rather than letting this become a place where newcomers are afraid to try things out again. Now, I'm not accepting just anything, but I don't ask for novel-length background stories and a heap of rules in the Opening Post.

Whoa, that was some post. Now, let's go see if there were any new RPs posted during these past few days... *begins mod duty round*

<3

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
I've been in a few RPs now, I've only been rejected once and I cant remeber the name, I honestly wasn't to bothered about it, I've made my second RP, called hidden powers, now which was submitted just before our gracious moderator had to go for the trip but it was well worth it because its been accepted, so I have moderate experience with RPs and I suppose Im still a noob GM but Im getting there :P.
I started RPing here quite recently during the reign of RHCP. But Ive been in RPs on other sites... so yh thats all I have to say really

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
Years
I've Gm'd a few rp's but none of them went very well. In the beginning I'm gonna be honest I did make one liners. But being banned for a week, watching my friends and just taking the time to write more I've improved with posts. Now all I need to do is get people to take me seriously as a GM. So far that hasn't happened

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I've only been a GM once. It was an RP with fakemon. It lasted a couple pages, but then it died. A month later, someone revived it and I had it locked ;;

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
Years
I was GM once, and it died on the 42nd post. Another time I took over an RP that got really quiet not long after it began. I suppose being GM just isn't for me....

Then again I can't complain. I've been trying to come up with a new RP subject, but it's hard.

I'm actually new to RPing myself. I believe I began this May, when Nocturnal introduced me to it. Perfect idea, since it combined two things I love -- acting and writing. (Well, sort of acting.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've Gm'd a few rp's but none of them went very well. In the beginning I'm gonna be honest I did make one liners. But being banned for a week, watching my friends and just taking the time to write more I've improved with posts. Now all I need to do is get people to take me seriously as a GM. So far that hasn't happened
You have improved incredibly much. Don't worry, keep trying. I'm not doing incredibly well as a GM either, yet. I'm amazed at people who can concentrate on guiding other players successfully while being a player in the game at the same time.

Perfect idea, since it combined two things I love -- acting and writing. (Well, sort of acting.)
I think I know what you mean, that's one of the reasons for why I like written roleplays as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back