• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm not giving up on it. Nocturnal- and I made an RP it just needs more sign ups before it can start.

I actually thought about joining it. But I don't know Sinnoh so I don't think I'd be able to play properly there.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I'm already in three RPs, and I found joining too many was a problem for me ^^; At least I'm not making multiple characters for RPs; those helped bring about my demise. However, I might take a look :3

I was also thinking of joining the Tales of the Abyss RP, only the standards are really high (Idk if I can do 10+ paragraphs for the History alone) and I don't know much about Abyss since I've never played even though I really want to ;o;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'm already in three RPs, and I found joining too many was a problem for me ^^; At least I'm not making multiple characters for RPs; those helped bring about my demise. However, I might take a look :3

I was also thinking of joining the Tales of the Abyss RP, only the standards are really high (Idk if I can do 10+ paragraphs for the History alone) and I don't know much about Abyss since I've never played even though I really want to ;o;

Yeah, joining too many RPs is a problem I have. I realize that because of this, my creativity lacks in some RPs. So, I'm officially done joining RPs for now, so that means nobody is allowed to make a good RP until I can join! Which won't be for awhile ;P

@TheFinalWatchman - You, my friend, are completely and totally insane. Voting for me for best GM? Pfft! That's why both of my RPs died horrible deaths.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I don't join many, so I figured I'd join more at the moment. I think I'm too harsh on what I like to join as well, since I usually read two or three lines and judge if I want to be in it or non from there. Like a news article, the first line has to catch me before I flip the page. Saying that, I try to make my own first lines excellent. I think on broken, the first line is something like "professor oak was assassinated" or something d:

Same with my SUs! I try to make the first line of the personality sum up the character as a whole, but make it interesting.

I joined roleplaying because I used to write fanfiction back in 2006 (and have not done so again since!). I had at least 7 or 8 people reading my fanfiction and plenty of people added their ideas and I made the suggestion of everyone who wanted to to write a chapter, alternating each week. Someone then suggested that was similar to Roleplaying so my 12/13 year old self headed down there to see what "ROLE PLAYING" was all about.

I fell in love with it immediately.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
(PS Blayze I'm only your co GM in that RP :) I helped you with ideas so i'll help you manage it as well. I won't join though)

I've been GM for hm....6 times. One isn't mind (Blayze's RP). The others are...hm...from old to new... Lucario and the Return of Pokemon (sucked really bad), Pokemon Wild West (died off when it was about to start), Aurora Borealis (died almost mid way), War Against Pokemon & Humans (Best one so far :) and still alive! ), Search for the Holy Grail (Blayze's) Inner Animal (just started OOC phase. First Platinum Quarterdeck Production. Wish me luck)

So, I'm officially done joining RPs for now, so that means nobody is allowed to make a good RP until I can join! Which won't be for awhile ;P
Hey no fair i'm working on a good RP and it'll be out when RHCP approves it (if it has no problems). It'll be in the RP lounge as I'm launching the OOC first! :) stay tuned! You'll liek it!

EDIT: Omg it's up thanks RHCP :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have made my first RP, the Indigo Trainers Association, and you should go check it out. Even if you don't make it in to the first six RPers, you can still join as others are promoted.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

@TheFinalWatchman - You, my friend, are completely and totally insane. Voting for me for best GM? Pfft! That's why both of my RPs died horrible deaths.

Lol, I voted for you because I loved the ideas of the RPs you made and enjoyed having you as a GM. You also weren't the reason they died, though I think we discussed it before. :P

JessStar

Traveling Guardian
Years
Two ideas of interest

Okay I have two interesting rp ideas but I need some help with it.

One is a snake pokemon rp - basically a traveler encounters a large group of snake pokemon that are bigger and longer then there usual size. I will play as the traveler, I'll let anyone be any pokemon that would be title as a snake.

Two is a group rp for a crossover rp - The crossover will become either a animation or a comic later, the crossover is Legend of Zelda games, haven't decided on which one yet, in a pokemon style. I'll play more then one different character if needed.

If anyone would like to try these two ideas out let me know and we'll talk about through PM. ;)

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
Regarding your first idea, there isn't really much to go on. The plot doesn't sound like it'd be interesting, it also doesn't sound like there'd be many characters unless you made "traveler" plural, etc.

Regarding your second (and this is from my own personal experience), crossovers never seem to work out too well. Not only that, but they're usually not the GM's own idea. I have seen other RPs in here that follow the same plot of the series they're based off of, but said RPs are not Pokemon RPs. From what I've seen, Pokemon RPs tend to be much more creative. So a crossover RP with an unoriginal that involves Pokemon will most likely not go over well. Then again, this may be different for forum RPing, since this experience of mine comes from LJ RPing.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I had an idea for a Deathnote RP :3

Well, basically all of the RPers are in a group trying to discover whom the new "Kira" is(his name won't be Kira, and this will be in a world where L and Light an people never existed) and I, the GM, would be this mysterious person. I would only post for important things though, and I would never say the person's real name or their intentions. That would be up to the RPers to figure out. ...Also, I think it would take place somewhere besides Japan.

That's really all there is to it. Well, I mean, that's the basic summary. There would obviously be more to it. Would anybody be interested?

I also have another idea, but Ima keep it secret for now. I won't post either of them for awhile though.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I've been GM once (right nao!), but like no one's signed up :'(

Anyone want to join? It's called Protectors of Hoenn :3

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
Okay I've been gone for a while again but my idea for an Rp that involves Dragons I think has come some way. I wanted to know what opinion on it before I think of starting it. Just as a note this RP is not meant to be terribly wrong, and I tried to find a unique way of moving the plot forward. As far as mechanics I'll simply be giving Rpers a small nudge, the world is almost completely made by them, though I will throw in guidelines. Dialogue except for important plot driving lines will also be controlled by the Rper. I will be using a sort of mission board like thing in the lounge which will have missions listed. here the Rpers can choose what mission they want to do, and if they want to tackle that mission with another Rper to add to it. Anyway the Rp will be somewhat like the anime fairy tail as it will take place in an older period, so there will be no cars, etc. ALso the Rpers will all be part of a guild as that will be where the quests will be gotten. Since this is a battle Rp RPers will have the power of magic to aid them in fighting, hopefully this is where creativity for characters can come in as I'm expecting more than controlling some element.

The plot is driven around the characters being able to obtain a dragon by qualifying for and winning a tourney with a specific dragon as a prize. The different dragons have abilities particular to them and once bonded with the owner gives them the ability to manipulate such magic. I think this is where the strong elemental magic will come in. The Plot starts to build once the C rank missions begin, which sets up for the real plot. The B rank missions are how each Rper will qualify for the tourney, the A rank is the tourney. After this I'm still foggy on what to do, however I know in a years time after the dragons are old enough to fly long distances the end of the Rp will take place

I just want to know how this sounds, and if there is anything I should work on before starting to finalize everything.

Oh and is anyone planning to do an Avatar the Last Airbender RP, because I would see if I could come up with a good idea for one, since I want to see one done.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
Anyway the Rp will be somewhat like the anime fairy tail

I don't even know you but I already think you are an amazing awesome person. FREAKING GO FOR IT. Yes you are talking to one of PC's hugest FT fans; EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW OF MY OBSESSION. /and originally I was gonna comment how I love your Soul theme since I also love Soul Eater <3

Will totally join if you make it and it gets accepted <3 And will totally make sure it stays active. And that a lot of people join. And so on and so forth.

Also don't be scared away by my eccentricity; I'm a nice person, really ;o;

Last edited:

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
Thanks, I've been thinking about this Rp for over a month now, lol. I think I would only end up accepting 5 people max though. I do however have an idea for a sequel to it. If the first one goes over well I think the second will be cool. That one will deal more with the government, and races other than humans, like elves.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
If you're accepting reservations make sure I'm reserved when it gets accepted 8D Because there is totally no way I'm skipping out on this RP. Even during Otakon when I am cosplaying as Lucy Heartfilia I shall find a way to write an SU as quickly and as efficiently as possible! Which will most likely be at night :B

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
KK I'll save you a spot if it gets accepted. I'm so jealous that you are going to Otakon, I wanted to go so much, but I lack the funds. Also my online classes would get in the way. Whenever I work out the D-rank missions, which I've gotten a couple ideas for, as well as names for places. I also should probably develop the main villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back