• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hackers FTW!

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
  • Rom Hackers FTW!
    The team of awesome hackers.

Introduction
    Alright, no short introductions? Fine then, I guess this'll be an hour long. =p Anyways my name is vietazn654, but call me Soul. I'm a ROM hacker, (FTW! =] xD), and have been hacking for 6 months now. I've gotten better and better all everyday. I usually hack by myself, because I find it easier, but I think that a team will make my hacking life more fun and stuff. We'll hack Fire Red. Why? Because, everyone else does. xD Is that it? Well then, join! We'll be a hacking legend. =] This team will not be all about me, and you guys being my little helpers, but we are all going to help each other with our current hacks. x] A team that is like a little group.

Application Form
    Code:
    Skills:
    Proof of work:
    Past experience:
    Contact information:
    You will be ignored if you do not use this form, and you must have proof of work. If not, don't bother posting at all.

Current Team Members
    vietazn654 (me): Scripter, Mapper, Sprite index/inserter, Overworld recolorer/inserter
    Awesome: Spriter
    eight clock: Spriter, Music Composition
    RioKura: Mapper
    The-Great-Falkner: Spriter

We need;
    Beta Testers: Not open.
    Mappers: Optional.
    Spriters: Optional
    Overworld Editors: 1-2 free room.
    Scripters: 1-3 free room.
    Music Inserters: 1 free room.
    Tile Inserters: 1-2 free room.

Current Projects
    Here you can share your current project.

Pokemon Dark Destiny: Lugia's Wrath
    by vietazn654
    I kept running as fast as I could. The suddenly, I saw a Pokemon. It looked like a Celebi. When I saw it, it seemed to have looked pale, and then teleported me to the future with its power. I was so afraid, because when I was teleported, I heard a cry, an evil cry.
    ROM Hackers FTW!

Alright, this is it, I hope that our team will be a success! =] And now join, if you want. xD

Last edited:

vietazn654

Years
  • Anyone? :P I don't bite, seriously. Unless, that is, you wanted a sneak peak on my hack. ;P
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    Interesting, eh? LOL. Well it's far from getting posted to the Progressing Hacks, because I want it to have beta first.

eight clock

Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    I'd love to help out, however I need to upload my images onto some sort of image sharing site, I usually sprite trainers for the fun of it but now I'd like to go full out and put them in a hack, I'm also pretty good with music composition if you wanted custom music. But if you would wait for me to get an imageshack account I'll gladly help out.

vietazn654

Years
  • I'd love to help out, however I need to upload my images onto some sort of image sharing site, I usually sprite trainers for the fun of it but now I'd like to go full out and put them in a hack, I'm also pretty good with music composition if you wanted custom music. But if you would wait for me to get an imageshack account I'll gladly help out.
    Alright then make one and post the info on here. ^_^ Can't wait to see it.

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Skills: Mapping, Minor scripting
    Proof of work: https://img820.imageshack.us/f/map2d.jpg
    Past experience: I'm in Team Masterz and have done a few side projects myself.
    Contact information: look in sig

I'm available everyday but time depends.

I know the map isn't very great but I can do a lot better. Ignore the ledges, you won't be able to jump them anyway, I used for border.

eight clock

Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Skills: Writing (just if you need help with the storyline, I'm very good at the whole writing thing) Trainer Spriting, Pokemon Spriting, and Music Composition
    Proof of work: This site doesn't allow me to post links just yet.
    Past experience: none, just what I've done for fun.
    Contact information: Here, until I get my e-mail working again.

vietazn654

Years
  • Skills: Mapping, Minor scripting
    Proof of work: https://img820.imageshack.us/f/map2d.jpg
    Past experience: I'm in Team Masterz and have done a few side projects myself.
    Contact information: look in sig

I'm available everyday but time depends.

I know the map isn't very great but I can do a lot better. Ignore the ledges, you won't be able to jump them anyway, I used for border.
    Um, the map... The flowers are placed too random, and the trees are made in a pattern... =\ You said you can map better? Do you have any other maps? And your scripting, do you have any proof of that?

Skills: Writing (just if you need help with the storyline, I'm very good at the whole writing thing) Trainer Spriting, Pokemon Spriting, and Music Composition
    Proof of work: This site doesn't allow me to post links just yet.
    Past experience: none, just what I've done for fun.
    Contact information: Here, until I get my e-mail working again.
    You can post just post the links right here. :P

Last edited:

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    I don't have any other maps at the moment. I had more on Imageshack but I just had a system reboot and can't find them anymore. All my maps were deleted as well as everything else on my computer, and that's one of the few I had backed up on a disc. Just uploaded it today.

No scripting proof lol, just started scripting so I'm not really amazing at it but I can do most things like givepokemon and giveitem as well as movement scripting...

That probably looks bad but meh >_>

vietazn654

Years
  • I don't have any other maps at the moment. I had more on Imageshack but I just had a system reboot and can't find them anymore. All my maps were deleted as well as everything else on my computer, and that's one of the few I had backed up on a disc. Just uploaded it today.

No scripting proof lol, just started scripting so I'm not really amazing at it but I can do most things like givepokemon and giveitem as well as movement scripting...

That probably looks bad but meh >_>
    LOL you got a long way to go. But don't worry ;] I bet you'll make it. After all, you understand it at least.

eight clock

Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Hopefully this works apparently my sound file of one of my compositions is too big for the site to hold.

vietazn654

Years
  • Hopefully this works apparently my sound file of one of my compositions is too big for the site to hold.
    They look good. :P But could you make it 64x64, the default size for FireRed sprites?

@Awesome... Why did you delete your message? Everyone's welcome. Too bad Im not a staff member so I can see what you posted. ='[

eight clock

Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    I know they have to be 64x64 just citing some examples of my work, besides, those were based off HG/SS and DP/P

Awesome

has divided by zero.
    Years
  • Fine, I'll post it again.
    Skills: Spriting
    Proof of work:
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!

Past experience: Part of Team Shiny Green Stone as a spriter.
    Contact information: [email protected], PM or VM (I think that is what they are called?), but I don't check my email too often, so you would be better off with PM.

vietazn654

Years
  • Fine, I'll post it again.
    Skills: Spriting
    Proof of work:
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!
    ROM Hackers FTW!

Past experience: Part of Team Shiny Green Stone as a spriter.
    Contact information: [email protected], PM or VM (I think that is what they are called?), but I don't check my email too often, so you would be better off with PM.
    Great! I <3 the fact that they're spriters wanting to join the team, and yes, you're accepted. I like the custom trainers, because I need some for my hack. :3
    ~Accepted.

eight clock

Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Or me, I too am waiting for some sprite work. Also, I'm trying to work on songs to upload for examples.

Awesome

has divided by zero.
    Years
  • You could upload to a file hosting site like Mediafire or Megaupload, then you could post the link, and then he could download it to listen to it.

Awesome

has divided by zero.
    Years
  • Oh, I see.
    Maybe upload them in a video to youtube then post the link to the youtube video...?
    That is all I can think of right now.

vietazn654

Years
  • Back