• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
Can anyone provide me with ROM hacks which meet a few criteria? They're pretty much just my standards of common sense and basic decency, but:

1. NO. broked ingrish or, grammer!!! plz go
2. Some semblance of care about proofreading, thus no text errors.
3. NOUNS and NAMES not capitalized since that has been dead for several GENERATIONS at this POINT, aside from the obvious WAY in which it's dumb and obnoxious.
4. Can a brother get some starters besides official starters?
5. Story is vastly changed, with major (and/or mature) depth.
6. Plot does not feel like a cracked out fanfic.
7. Nowhere in the release topic's original post are the words "I" and "Lazy" proximate to eachother.

In the meantime, I'm excited to embark on "Project BYOH" (Bring Your Own Hack) and make one that meets all these standards.

Last edited:

Bug.Catcher.Nakata

Alert but not Alarmed
Years
I feel like my life now primarily involves leaving notes all around the internet about how great Snakewood is and how happy it made me, but you've just gone and summarised all the reasons why I loved it and so here I am mentioning it again.

I don't recall the capitalisations, though. Would you regard that as a capital offence or is it lower (case) on your priority list? har-har-har.

As an aside, I'd love to hear people's opinions this:
how would you feel playing a hack where all the evolutions were reversed? just cosmetic changes (sprites and names, not stats). I thought of doing this for two reasons. Firstly because I would like to be in the pokemon league and think 'Oh ****, a magikarp! I'd better send out bulbasaur', and secondly because I run into exeggcute all the time, but I'd much rather see some exeggutor, persian, seadra, kingler, and heaps of other pokemon which you don't get to see the sprite that often because they're hardly ever in the wild. Alakazam, gengar, machamp... why not mix it up a bit? I'm also aware that this might be really stupid. There are some type issues (onix and scyther would be a bit weird as steel types) but I'm not sure it matters that often, who cares if seel is ice/water and dugong is just water (for example).

Also, for really cool pokemon which are not used because they're really weak, like Mawile and farfetch'd, do you think it's better in general to buff them or give them an evolution?

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Okay so... There are many great hacks out there...
Can anyone recommend some that only have gen 3 pokemon and support trading?
I was Playing FR and traded my pokemon to ultra violet...
I'd like to trade my pokemon to another hack, you know what I mean?
Pm me or something if you know any other hacks like ultra violet that support trades.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay so... There are many great hacks out there...
Can anyone recommend some that only have gen 3 pokemon and support trading?
I was Playing FR and traded my pokemon to ultra violet...
I'd like to trade my pokemon to another hack, you know what I mean?
Pm me or something if you know any other hacks like ultra violet that support trades.
In a sense you can trade between any hacks that have only first 3 generations of Pokemon without any changes. Because their data are not modified.
It solely depends on whether the trading place is present.

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Thanks genius :P
I already knew that...
Lol but My question is still unanswered
What hacks are there that support Trades?
I was playing liquid crystal and realized I couldn't trade... Which sucks since games like Flora sky support trading... Obviously you can't trade between Flora Sky and FR
But since LC's base is FR AND IT ONLY HAS Gen 3 it would have been cool if trade with FR and LG was possible...
I used to play FR and LG... So I've got a lot of strong pokemon and wanted to trade them to hacks I currently play like I did with ULTRA VIOLET...
So if any hacks do support trades please tell me
Thanks

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
Hey everyone,

Yes, I have already used the search function and found nothing useful.

I'm looking for a working Generation I text editor. I have Poketext, but I just can't see to get it to work... it just freezes immediately and won't load any libraries. (Yes, I have tried everything, run as admin, run in compatibility mode, I even ran it in a virtual machine with windows XP)

I have searched, googled, skimmed through forums, looked at popular tool websites.

Any advice for me? Anyone know of another Gen. 1 text editor? Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back