• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Skills: mapper, beta tester

Proof of work: my hack
    Screenies:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience: I don't know what that is I don't speak english

Contact possibilities: PM, miocic1$gmail.com (email, replace the $ with a @), MSN (mmiocic$t-2.net)

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    past experience means the "experience" you got from doing other things in the "past"
    i dont know how to explain it better since i dont speak your language...
    i dont think we need another mapper, but beta tester will sure be ok
    anyway its not my decision

fluffyfiremew

Fluffydragon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    Heres my aplication to join this group

Skills:Tile Making,Banner making,Beta-Tester,Tile editing,Fakemon and sprites,mapping
    Spoiler:

Past Experience:I may have been in a group here before but that was long ago 3 years ago
    Contact possibilities:Msn,Google mail,Pm I don't like giving out info to everybody only people in group so i'll pm these to you if you accept me.

So can i join?

I can translate my language also.

Last edited:

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
    Years
    @IceCharizard i think if you'd like to be a mapper you should post a map as proof and not a inserted pokemon xD i've got the same opinion as neti, a beta tester is always needed.

@fluffyfiremew we need a proof of your work, without any proof we can't decide whether we take you or not, because we don't now your work

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    that depends on what youre applying for^^

hey guys i just saw some videos on pokemon marble (a really good hack btw) and they have something like a weird house where strange things happen. i espacially like the infinite stairs, hers a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OESk54gO5o&feature=PlayList&p=D1462CC45B05DDA7&index=2
    anyone got an idea how they managed to do that?^^ its not a warp script, the screen doesnt fade
    we should definitely have scripts in out hack that are as cool as this one^^

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    I think he made a 10x1000000000 map (kidding)
    the thing that is so funny iss that he walks up about 200 steps and need only 10 steps down to get back...

guys i was playing with a lot of different sccripts today and i think i can call myself a scripter now^^
    @SA: now you need to tell me how to use unLZ, so i learn spriting and OW editing^^
    and would you mind sending me the whole story of our hack? i want to know a bit more about it^^

about the map:

looks quite nice to me:
    the map is not overloaded and not too empty, maybe you could have added some flowers at the top between the houses, but its not such a big deal
    only the stairs on top of the mountain look quite useless to me
    and the square isnt nice also
    i see onyl 1 tile error, over the sign at the pond

Last edited:

fluffyfiremew

Fluffydragon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    I have finally finished the banner here it is below.A an Attachment

Attachments

• ROM Reaverz Hacking Team
      Banner_Pokemon Flame of rage banner.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 147,341

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    looks nice to me even if the fire is not 100% perfect, but noone and nothing is perfect ;-)

added it to my signature

fluffyfiremew

Fluffydragon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    I had quite a bit of trouble with the fires shape my mouse was playing up,I should have used my Graphic Tablet...

Also that the words are over the best bit of fire.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    guys i have a problem:
    i made a map in advmap 1.8, and you know that it messes up the border tiles. now i edited it in advmap 1.9 but the border is still wrecked and i cant change that.
    i could make the map again in 1.9 from beginning but there must be another way to solve the problem
    on some of my maps i could jsut change the map border size at professional header view but it doesnt work for this one

edit: dont mind i fixed it, just had to edit the hex values of the border tiles

-----------

i made a script, or lets say 3 script, but they belong together
    in a hack i made for fun the power plant is powered by water
    so i thought it would be nice to have zapdos draining energy from sucicune and the player has to decide whether he helps suicune to escape and fight zapdos or abuse the situation and try to cath the weakened suicune.
    I actually made a map and the scripts for that.
    because the map is not that interesting at this point, ill show you only the scripts (since im learning scripting, not mapping^^)
    first of all: suicunes id is 201 and zapdos' is 200

the first script is for a signpost that is activated when you talk to a tile under zapdos (you cant reach him, you have to make him come to you^^):
    Spoiler:

the second one will be displayed when you step up to the place where suicune is located (this is the major part,
    it failed compiling at the movement binarys of $suicunemove i think, said sth about "Runtime Error 13, Type Dismatch"):
    Spoiler:

and the third one is the one comes in action when you talk to suicune after refusing to push the button:
    i somehow get into a fight with a snorlax, not a suicune...
    Spoiler:

tell me what you think about it and if i made any mistakes (i didnt try the script yet :P)
    maybe you will notice that zapdos wont disappear if you fight suicune, that is wanted^^ so the player will always be able to see it but cant fight it xD

as you can see i already found some mistakes, but pls tell me what did i do wrong?

Last edited:

More4Life

Advanced Mapper
    Years
    Sorry for the misunderstanding guys...I never knew that I had to make a map......Sorry, Message me on MSN so I can start again......

Again.....sorry......

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    >>flufflyfiremew: you banner looks great..um, can you post the other POW of your other skills and your in at least a banner maker..! ^^

>>IceCharizard: your map was good, but this time I'll make Neti And More4Life decide if your in..!

>>Neti: the infinite stairs was easy, make a stair w/ at least 10 tiles height the open the connection manager, connect the map itself to the top and connect the bottom to a new map..!^^

More4Life

Advanced Mapper
    Years
    IceCharizard, do you have any other examples of your work? Maybe a route or something bigger than what you have shown us.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    @Xbuster: That will be it^^ but still a really ncie idea

@IceCharizard: I agree with More4Life, show us a bigger map you made and well decide whether your in

did noone proofread my script? :P
    how can i make scripts start when you walk over them?
    i managed to make everything work now, there just one error: after the fight with suicune you switch sprites with zapdos... i think i can fix that by making it go away farther -> edit: didnt work... when fighting suicune zapdos will go down 11 squares and it still isnt enough... when fighting zapdos 8 squares are enough for suicune
    heres my script atm:
    Spoiler:

i think it has sth to do with the movement binarys

that makes me have a good idea: we could use this bug to let the palyer transform into a pokemon! we just need to figure out how to make him become himself again.

heres a vid of the working part of the event (not very good quality, its swf): https://eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/zapdos.swf
    will be on utube soon with good quality

Last edited:

fluffyfiremew

Fluffydragon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    Well beta-testing how do i give proof for that.

I'll make some tiles now, then a map using my tiles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back