• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    yah..! it warp on your room but the animation is wrong, you walk on the opposite direction,like this..!

[IMAGE DELETED]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    no, she was climbing in the stairs like this..!

[IMAGE DELETED]

>>Neti: Mt.Rage has a very important role, this is the lair of Entei you know..!^^

and maybe we could also do something with the small island east of the bottom left island (i already said that above)
    so More4Life (you are working on the map for the starter town i think), if it doesnt ruin the concept of the whole city i would like to add a path from the left bottom island which ends at the south side of the starter town
    what do you mean by that? I don't get it..!

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • i mean there should be a surf route from the bottom left island to the starter town
    like this:
    ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

and where i placed the 1 we could add a cave

i think the room looks better mirrored too, but i already mentioned this problem before when i asked masterplan to change the script of the sister.

we could change it, so the room of the boy is under the earth andd not on a higher level, that would work

and give me more to do :P im a lil bit bored from time to time

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • yeah in "my" version I moved the hero's room into the underground, so he had to go upstairs ^^
    the only problem were the move permissions (and the map, I'm not good at mapping ^^)

ehm little question: do I have to import and change the map etc...or do you just send me a patch when it's ready so I just have to insert my script?

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • i think i posted a rar file with the map and the tileset above, i dont know a lot about pathcing but i think its not very hard

now i have to make a new region map since the old one didnt fit the map size requirements... lol

i need the exact size of the border from the route part to the end of the image from each direction in pixels, dont know them
    you gave me the size of the image and the size of the route part, but i dont know where on the image to place the route part

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    ok I change the room again like this:

[IMAGE DELETED]

but the problem is the character cant climb the stairs and can warp by walking to the left..!

[IMAGE DELETED]

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • i think you used the wrong carpet in front of the stairs
    there should be two of those, one is for going downstairs and one is for going upstairs

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    yes he did i had the same problem and its the carpet you used ua different one

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    you mean the carpet acutally controlls the player where he should enter..? I'll try to flip the carpet, maybe that should do the trick..!

Neti, which room would be better?

[IMAGE DELETED]

or this

[IMAGE DELETED]

Last edited:

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    you mean the carpet acutally controlls the player where he should enter..? I'll try to flip the carpet, maybe that should do the trick..!

no dont flip carpet there is two carpets one that lets u go left and the other goes right

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • okay x-buster, if you have the map nearly finished I think it's the best if you just send me a patch afterwards.
    'cause if I'd use the map postet by neti I would have to do the same changes as you, and as I said: I'm a horrible mapper ^^

Then I'll insert the script and send the patch to all our teammates, if it's allright.

By the way: I could also insert scripts for the things in the room, like the flatscreen. Like "there is a pokemon film running...better get going!" or something like this ^^

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • one of the carpets lets you go down left, the other one lets you go up right...
    so this wont solve our problem: we either make him have his room under the earth or place stairs that go to the left on the right side of the room

edit:
    i edited the region map to make it fit the required size
    one of the islands had to be fully removed (for walking, its still a part of the island on the map), one was resized and all of them were relocated
    its all a bit closer now we'll have 12 cities now not 14 (12 was your original request)
    heres an image, the cities and routes will be only inside the red borders (which wont be seen later)
    ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

need to go out with the dog now, ill add routes and towns later

edit2:
    finished it again, heres the image as bmp:
    ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

the size should be right now cause i actually took the kanto map you gave me, vanished kanto and then placed my map with some changes in the borders...
    as you can see i added the surf path from the south west island to the starter town now, so this has to be changed on the map too
    if you dont like the idea i can easily remove it
    and i also left out cities on the east island cause it was too far in the east

edit3:
    for our stairs problem:
    i thought about just changing the tiles, maybe turning and swapping them, but that wont change the fact that the carpet tiles will make you go either left down or right up... we need to ffind a way to enable right down and left up
    i think there are stairs in rockets hideout or siplh co that have this behaviour, ill look it up

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • Well, maybe I could just a script that causes the player going up everytime, so 2 steps to the right. If we change the movement permission a little the player would go up with the second step. At least I think he would, I'll try it ^^

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • it works!
    The upper tile of the first carpet in front of the stairs that go down must have behaviour byte 6E 00
    the upper tile of the other carpet must be 6D 00
    You can edit those in Advance Maps Block Editor
    After that you just need to place the stairs left of the carpet in the living room and right of it in your room
    i think you already made tiles with turned stairs
    and take the faltscreen out, it causes tile errors in the players room. or we have to edit the room

edit:

OK, ive edited the map, tileset and blocks. i think i fixed everything.
    when you do the following steps right, it should look like this (ive taken a video): https://eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/stairs.swf
    i changed the direction the mother and sister look at after making this vid, so theyll be facing the table.
    you can download the files here: https://eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/house.rar
    maps: there are 2 map files and 2 evt files which are needed for the maps. one for each room -> 4.0 and 4.1, you know how to open them
    tileset: i fixed some tiles, its in the rar as tileset.dib, the file tileset.pal is also needed - you know how to import tilesets, use palette 0
    blocks: i turned the stairs and changed the behaviour. open map 4.0, go to block editor, click on blocks, then "load tileset 1" and open the blocks.bvd (im using german version so i dont know what it will be exactly like)

then the script needs to be adjusted!
    the new movement must be left, up, up, up, face left
    and then just add the script to the girl i located at the seat

i moved the mother from her original position, i dont think that will cause any errors

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • I don't think it will cause errors ^^
    I'll try to import maps and tilesets, but wouldn't it be easier if you would just make a patch?
    I postet how to do it before, together with the needed programm.
    Just in case I can't do it right, I never did this before O.o
    edit: everytime I change the palette to 0 an klick "load tileset 1", there is an error occuring...
    edit: I don't think it's a good idea to let me do such things, I ruined the rom ^^''
    I patched it new now, but I can't do the changes O.o

Last edited:

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    i can fix the map for you guys it would take me two mins and i know what im doing what do u guys say

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • did you get the version of x-buster with the changed titlescreen?
    There aren't changes yet except the titlescreen and the pokemon coming out of Oak's pokeball.

My problem now is: Does it matter if I use a Firered (USA) or has it to be a firered (E)?

edit: it works with USA, but is it normal that the header maps are in english and the ini in german? O.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back