• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 1?

Bay

Years
    I think its a mind-bendingly stupid idea. Its almost as if they're disrespecting their humble beginnings and erasing Kanto.
    I don't think Isshu having Route One is disrespecting Kanto. I'm actually on the side that the route system in Isshu is set like that because it's supposed to be a very far away region. I'm sure there will be references to Kanto and such in the Black and White games so that the region is still being remembered.

Other than what I said, I think I'll be fine with Kanto and Isshu having Route One. If I ever needed to find a Pokemon, I'll just say Isshu or Kanto Route One. Lame I know, but it'll make things easier for me. XD

Years
    I bet there'll be someone on Route 1 (or a Route matching that of Kanto) who says "Did you know there's another Route 1 far away? I love to visit it!" :p

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I think this does help support the American based layout for the region. I think Ishuu really does look like NYC, and I think regions to come after this might be based on American cities too. Or, it could be totally random and out of the ballpark to go to Europe. No one expected Europe!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, think of it. Highways are numbered different from country to country. Hence, if Isshu is far away, probabably its "president" never visited Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh so when he numbered his Routes, he had just no idea to know he copied another guy ! T_T

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Well, Japan's areas are based on the Regions, though Isshu looks nothing like anything from Japan. People are saying San Fransisco, New York, some other place. This is a big step to the games.
    I still want it to continue from 400+ or something.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I don't think Isshu having Route One is disrespecting Kanto. I'm actually on the side that the route system in Isshu is set like that because it's supposed to be a very far away region. I'm sure there will be references to Kanto and such in the Black and White games so that the region is still being remembered.

Other than what I said, I think I'll be fine with Kanto and Isshu having Route One. If I ever needed to find a Pokemon, I'll just say Isshu or Kanto Route One. Lame I know, but it'll make things easier for me. XD

I agree, Isshu could be in another continent for all we know. We know it's meant to be distant and there is already lots of evidence that this game is different, fresh to what we've already had. The native-Pokemon-only-until-later-in-the-game restriction, the Dream World. The fact that the region looks fairly pre-industrial except in Hiun City, etc. They're clearly trying to shake it up from the very established world that Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh are part of. Change can be a good thing too.

I'm sure people will get used to saying stuff like 'KR1', 'IR1', 'Isshu 1', etc.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I don't like how they made the routes restart. Or that Isshu is supposedly too far away. I think they should keep with tradition and keep the routes continuing. Also I hope Isshu isn't too far away. If it is there might not be very many pre evos/ evos for land pokemon.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
    "FAR AWAY" so that means start again :D

i like the idea of starting fresh maybe a new era of pokemon games :D

i just hope no more remakes !

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I like the idea of Route 1, however I hope the routes don't get confused and stuff.. Anyways, they would need to change it soon because if they don't eventually we would be traveling in Route 1,942.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    My theory is that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all make up one chain of regions, hence why those four regions share a lot of Pokemon with each other. I think Isshu is the first of a new chain of regions, and that Isshu is "connected" to 3 other regions, similar to how Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all "connected".

The reason why I think Isshu starts at Route 1 is because it's simply part of a different group of regions, while the 4 existing regions make up a different group.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not really... Hoenn was disconnected from the other regions, by having a "new start", in a way. Isshu seems more likely to be a one-off and then they might go back to the route system of the previous generations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Not really... Hoenn was disconnected from the other regions, by having a "new start", in a way. Isshu seems more likely to be a one-off and then they might go back to the route system of the previous generations.
    Could be then we might be going back to Japan for another gen in gen 6 if that's true but that's into the future :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Well. I find it interesting its start to 1. BUt for those who says it proves NYC. Not a chance well as much as shanghai. @ MRAAS: Yeah Thats way into the future.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Hoenn has plenty of Pokemon from the Kanto and Johto regions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes, that's true, however, overall, it was the first main game to not be connected to Johto/Kanto directly and had less Pokemon from those original regions than its own ones. It took out many of the favourites people grew up with.

On that point though, that's why I think that Route 1 is only for Isshu and it'll return back to normal in the next generations, in a way, correcting mistakes of Hoenn.

Back