• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 1?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I was expecting them to be lettered routes, like Route A, Route B, and so forth, Route 1 would confuse people, for example, someone might ask in a chatroom about a year from now "Where can I find a Pidgey?" then someone replies "On Route 1", then he asks "Which Route 1, the original one, or the new one?", indeed, it's confusing beyond hell, but maybe Isshu will have more Routes than Kanto does, then it gets more confusing with "Route 29", in which the person asks "Isn't that near New Bark Town?", it begins to drive you nuts, and you shout "JUST WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING!?"

Indeed, it is confusing........

Yes, that's true, however, overall, it was the first main game to not be connected to Johto/Kanto directly and had less Pokemon from those original regions than its own ones. It took out many of the favourites people grew up with.

On that point though, that's why I think that Route 1 is only for Isshu and it'll return back to normal in the next generations, in a way, correcting mistakes of Hoenn.

That is unless Generation 6 takes place on yet ANOTHER continent than the first 5 did.....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I was expecting them to be lettered routes, like Route A, Route B, and so forth, Route 1 would confuse people, for example, someone might ask in a chatroom about a year from now "Where can I find a Pidgey?" then someone replies "On Route 1", then he asks "Which Route 1, the original one, or the new one?", indeed, it's confusing beyond hell, but maybe Isshu will have more Routes than Kanto does, then it gets more confusing with "Route 29", in which the person asks "Isn't that near New Bark Town?", it begins to drive you nuts, and you shout "JUST WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING!?"

Indeed, it is confusing........

That is unless Generation 6 takes place on yet ANOTHER continent than the first 5 did.....
    I don't think it's that confusing let's just add the letter route K1 when talking about Kanto and route I1 when talking about Isshu that way it's easier to figure out :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I think I read somewhere that Isshu was based on America?
    Rumoured to be based on America. Nothing official has be said yet. But that's what everyone is assuming, based on the evidence seen from videos and pictures. Just nothing officially said.

Still, it does make sense for the route numbering system to start over. Isshu shares no borders, Pokemon, or culture with the other regions, so they just start over with the numbering.

And yeah, mras has a good idea to avoid confusion with the routes.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Of course, Bulbapedia has its own problems with the new route names, namely what to redirect "Johto Route 28" to. Should it be "Kanto Route 28" or "Mt. Silver" or should the Kanto Route 28 article be renamed again to take Johto into account?

Back