• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby/Emerald/FireRed - Non-profit hack warning screen (Sample)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Step.One.Step.Closer.To.Me

соlоя, lзт Іт ∂яаg you аωаy.
Years
  • I Know......

This should be a requirement for beta posting here! All roms should have this warning!
    I tried to post up a thread telling people that this warning sign at the start of a hack should be compulsory.......But the thread din't show up in the rom hacking section sooooooo........?
    But i have the ips patched to my rom hack soo i only need to re-ips it if my rom chrashes like it did so i have to repatch it..........

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
  • That is a great idea Haruki Hanai, Take that pirates :P if i got time i also add that into my hack ^^, because pirates already stole my hack before, called Pokemon dark cry. i know that hack sucked xD but in that time it was my first hack :P but i'll also add that ^^ so the pirates can't steal my hack this time without risks :P
    ----------------------------------------
    ~Mitchel1

EDIT: How i can change the tekst inside of it? I've found out that if you patch it over a rom that's already edited it'll work ^^ but how you can change the tekst? it'll be usefull if this is possible.

EDIT2: Nvm, i've add it into TE ^^ it's really usefull, and also see like this, í'm promoting your site :P Btw. I'll give you credits for this ^^ i don't want that TE also got be pirated. if you don't agree with it I can delete it because i've made a back-up (20 xD)

Last edited:

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    This is going straight into SilverCurrent, this is a great idea. I agree with Kike-Scott, this should become a basic requirement for any hack.
    Oh and, a question. What part of the ROM does the patch edit, one that isn't normally used by means of "normal"(scripting etc) hacking?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    really good idea, your amazing at graphic and design. i bow to you. :D

aeroshinobi

Pokémon Galaxy White Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    I think I'll add this into my hack if I have the time. I'm kinda on a deadline though.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I think I'll add this into my hack if I have the time. I'm kinda on a deadline though.

It takes like three minutes to put this in, and two minutes of that is the download. (my computer's slow :P)

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
    Years
  • piratings bad. theres one up for sale on ebay right now. they wont even show you a picture of the cartridge. stupid pirates.
    Edit: the bid ended already. the people were actually stupid enough to bid on it.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    piratings bad. theres one up for sale on ebay right now. they wont even show you a picture of the cartridge. stupid pirates.
    Edit: the bid ended already. the people were actually stupid enough to bid on it.

Please don't post the obvious, especially when it really doesn't have much to do with the thread.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nope. It makes a screen appear when you load it up (an example is in the first post). This will alert anyone who's bought a pirated version of the fact that it's supposed to be free, and hopefully make them get a refund and drive the pirates out of business >:)
    Ah, okay. :3

Well, then I'm DEFINITELY going to add this! ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Just a question... Did interdpth's tutorial happen yet? I asked over the weekend nobody answered. I really want to try ASM.

Years
  • I haven't seen any tutorial but if anyone's interested, I adapted interdpth's code for a Ruby ROM. If anyone wants it for Emerald, let me know and I'll try and fix one up.
    All, well like 99% of the data, is at 0xA90000, which is the same as the FR patch.

EDIT: Added Emerald Patch.

Last edited:

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • Does it work for all languages or is it only for English. I think it would be a idea to make one in other language.

In fact, I should code it by any means necessary.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Wow! This is a great idea XD, this will be in my hack for sure when it comes to the forums! And thethethethe I thought you quit ROM hacking? XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    And if all of the new games have this, there will be a major slowdown in piracy.

Hopefully.

I intend to put that on my hack also. In fact, this should be a regulation in this forum to have because of its moral and ethical implications in stopping piracy,even if they are just betas.

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
    Years
  • Piracy is copyright infringement, if you stopped that then you would be out of a hobby. You'd have to spend your time just playing the official games instead of making your own (largely) illegal yet fun derivative works and playing other peoples. Piracy is still piracy even if you're not making a profit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back